Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Same here OG! I just made a unexpected setting switch, have been playing in B1 most of the season which is 10.5* loft but flat to help with my hook and just flipped up to C4 which is still flat but 11.25* of loft. Yesterday when I was hitting on the range I figured out when I move the ball back to about 2 balls forward of center I was hitting way more straight shots, when I play it up at my front foot which is my normal ball position it hit the draws/hooks, I was still hitting some nice tight draws with the new ball position but the ball flight was lower which is to be expected so thats why I bumped the loft up. Excited to try this new setting with the new ball position

C4 is what I have been playing the last couple of weeks and I am in love with this setting! It just works great for me...

C4 is what I have been playing the last couple of weeks and I am in love with this setting! It just works great for me...

lol awesome, I hit it a couple times on the range in this setting months ago but the ball flight was WAY to high, now with this new ball position I think it will be perfect

lol awesome, I hit it a couple times on the range in this setting months ago but the ball flight was WAY to high, now with this new ball position I think it will be perfect

I do get a high ball flight ball it really gets out there with some better than my average distances. I hit one today on our hole #8 where I have not been in several years. Down the middle with a baby draw and very long for me. I like the higher loft setting as my FIR regs have become a ton better!

I do get a high ball flight ball it really gets out there with some better than my average distances. I hit one today on our hole #8 where I have not been in several years. Down the middle with a baby draw and very long for me. I like the higher loft setting as my FIR regs have become a ton better!

I can def stand lossing a little distance for more FIR on my course, I usually have a 8 iron-PW into the greens on my home course so I wouldnt mind having a 7 or 6 but I really doubt I will loose any distance going to this setting, maybe 5 yards or so but I think I will see more carry distance hopefully.

I went back to Edwin Watts today to try the D2 again and see if there were any other shafts I felt were better for me in the club. After a few crappy swings the guy there suggested we put the Kai'li in R flex at a 3 wood length in. Once we did that I was able to start putting a decent swing on the ball. I hit the 910F in 3 wood with a 5 wood shaft and the same deal, I was able to get through the ball and put a solid swing on it. This is a huge upgrade from my i15 3 wood, which I struggle with. I tried the 910H as well and fell in love with it.

Now I have a problem. Originally I was saving up for about $400 worth of driver, now I need nearer to $1k in three separate clubs!

I went back to Edwin Watts today to try the D2 again and see if there were any other shafts I felt were better for me in the club. After a few crappy swings the guy there suggested we put the Kai'li in R flex at a 3 wood length in. Once we did that I was able to start putting a decent swing on the ball. I hit the 910F in 3 wood with a 5 wood shaft and the same deal, I was able to get through the ball and put a solid swing on it. This is a huge upgrade from my i15 3 wood, which I struggle with. I tried the 910H as well and fell in love with it.

Now I have a problem. Originally I was saving up for about $400 worth of driver, now I need nearer to $1k in three separate clubs!

PM coming your way dude

OG C4 setting worked out GREAT for me this morning on the course, I was seeing more carry distance and still some roll out, I hit my longest drive ever on number 3 this morning as well! Its a 371 yard par 4 slight dog leg left and I had a 50* wedge into the green, usually a 9 or 8 iron.

OG C4 setting worked out GREAT for me this morning on the course, I was seeing more carry distance and still some roll out, I hit my longest drive ever on number 3 this morning as well! Its a 371 yard par 4 slight dog leg left and I had a 50* wedge into the green, usually a 9 or 8 iron.

This driver has changed my handicap by five or six stokes and it's going to go lower by next spring!

This driver has changed my handicap by five or six stokes and it's going to go lower by next spring!

To be fair Gray, you have overhauled your swing and cut your driver down. Not sure you can say that about any piece of equipment during changes like that unless you now picked up your previous driver and cut it down and played it for a few rounds.

The fairways were pretty dry today so that helped with the roll out but I think when they are really wet I will play B1 settings and when they are dry mid/late summer I will play the C4 since roll will be easier to get. I really liked the ball flight I saw with the C4 setting, much higher with range balls but with my normal balls it was a lot better, not to high at all.

To be fair Gray, you have overhauled your swing and cut your driver down. Not sure you can say that about any piece of equipment during changes like that unless you now picked up your previous driver and cut it down and played it for a few rounds.

You are correct in fact that I can not say this or that driver has made that huge of a difference. It's many lessons and tons of practice with all the clubs in my bag. With that said, the length of my driver at 44 inches is easier for me to hit fairways and the club head swing weight is optimum for my swing, which is producing more FIR's....

I wanted to bump this but I don't know if it's okay since I'm bumping for my fellow lefties who are interested in this club.

There is a used D2 head on ebay for cheap(sub $50) that will be on sale tomorrow(less than 21 hours left) I would hop on this if I had the money...maybe a nice early Christmas present with the right shaft :D

Fwiw I sold one with ilima shaft and it went for 220. Made someone a nice gift. I have been playing a bunch of drivers the last eighteen months ( ping i15,g15, burner2.0,r11) and the 910 has been the best stick of all of them. Just seems better matched for me than the others. The I15 was the longest one big hits but not as forgiving. The g15 was more forgiving but ballooned and lost distance even when I changed shafts (tfc and Serrano)

I have finally read all 1115 posts. I am intrigued by the new 910 Titliest drivers and this is my first post as a new owner of a 10.5*910 D2 with an Aldila RIP 60 stiff shaft. A little history: I have played a Cobra 440sz 9* with a YS 5.1 stiff flex/mid kick shaft for about 8 years. I loved this driver. The last few years I wanted to buy a new driver with new technology. I tested 8 to 10 drivers and always compared the numbers against my Cobra at Golf Galaxy. As much as I wanted new I could never find one that gave me better numbers in the simulator.( I never was fitted on a launch monitor because I had never read about them until I joined THP). My ball flight with the Cobra was low and boring with a lot of run out but I wanted more carry. This year my brother bought a 10.5 R11 with a regular shaft and proceeded to give up golf and give me his driver to try. I used it all summer. It had more loft and a regular shaft which I thought I might need because I am 53 and concerned my swing was slowing down. I had good success with the R-11 but I didn't think it was as long as my old Cobra. Last week I went to golf galaxy for a Driver fitting. I warmed up with my R 11 and then hit a series of drives--my average numbers were 103 swing speed, ball speed 136, spin 3180, distance 238, and PTR 131.3(not sure what PTR is). The fitter told my I should still be in a stiff shaft. He took me to the lesson area and filmed my swing and showed me some things that were keeping my ball speed down and hurting my distance. The optimal numbers the printout showed were 104 swing speed, 156 ball speed, Spin 2537, distance 267 and PTR 150. He set me up with the titliest d2 10.5* with the rip shaft. I hit a series of drives but didn't get a printout(the printer wouldn't work). The average distance was 255 and the spin rate was lower but I don't remember the number. The store was closing so I didn't hit any other drivers but he suggested the new Cleveland series and the Adams as two other clubs to hit. In fairness to the R11-I didn't hit it in a stiff shaft so the numbers may have been similar to the D2. Fast forward to today. I had a $340.00 credit at my clubs proshop from tournaments. He had a D2 with either a RIP 60 or a Kai'li reg flex. I made a deal for the D2 with the rip shaft. I haven't hit it yet because I plan on driving 50 miles to get a full driver fitting. I found a place called miles of golf which fits you out doors hitting out of a building with a launch monitor but you also get to see the ball flight. Although i really want the Titliest to be the club for me I am going to keep an open mind and check the numbers on all clubs and make sure the rip shaft is the best for me in the Titliest. Any thoughts? I know this is long but I wanted to give you some history. I didn't want to hit my new club because if I find something more suited for me I want to sell the D2 as a new-unused club. It still is in the original wrapping.

I have finally read all 1115 posts. I am intrigued by the new 910 Titliest drivers and this is my first post as a new owner of a 10.5*910 D2 with an Aldila RIP 60 stiff shaft. A little history: I have played a Cobra 440sz 9* with a YS 5.1 stiff flex/mid kick shaft for about 8 years. I loved this driver. The last few years I wanted to buy a new driver with new technology. I tested 8 to 10 drivers and always compared the numbers against my Cobra at Golf Galaxy. As much as I wanted new I could never find one that gave me better numbers in the simulator.( I never was fitted on a launch monitor because I had never read about them until I joined THP). My ball flight with the Cobra was low and boring with a lot of run out but I wanted more carry. This year my brother bought a 10.5 R11 with a regular shaft and proceeded to give up golf and give me his driver to try. I used it all summer. It had more loft and a regular shaft which I thought I might need because I am 53 and concerned my swing was slowing down. I had good success with the R-11 but I didn't think it was as long as my old Cobra. Last week I went to golf galaxy for a Driver fitting. I warmed up with my R 11 and then hit a series of drives--my average numbers were 103 swing speed, ball speed 136, spin 3180, distance 238, and PTR 131.3(not sure what PTR is). The fitter told my I should still be in a stiff shaft. He took me to the lesson area and filmed my swing and showed me some things that were keeping my ball speed down and hurting my distance. The optimal numbers the printout showed were 104 swing speed, 156 ball speed, Spin 2537, distance 267 and PTR 150. He set me up with the titliest d2 10.5* with the rip shaft. I hit a series of drives but didn't get a printout(the printer wouldn't work). The average distance was 255 and the spin rate was lower but I don't remember the number. The store was closing so I didn't hit any other drivers but he suggested the new Cleveland series and the Adams as two other clubs to hit. In fairness to the R11-I didn't hit it in a stiff shaft so the numbers may have been similar to the D2. Fast forward to today. I had a $340.00 credit at my clubs proshop from tournaments. He had a D2 with either a RIP 60 or a Kai'li reg flex. I made a deal for the D2 with the rip shaft. I haven't hit it yet because I plan on driving 50 miles to get a full driver fitting. I found a place called miles of golf which fits you out doors hitting out of a building with a launch monitor but you also get to see the ball flight. Although i really want the Titliest to be the club for me I am going to keep an open mind and check the numbers on all clubs and make sure the rip shaft is the best for me in the Titliest. Any thoughts? I know this is long but I wanted to give you some history. I didn't want to hit my new club because if I find something more suited for me I want to sell the D2 as a new-unused club. It still is in the original wrapping.

You're doing the right thing by getting fitted before un-wrapping the driver. There's a @#$%load of shaft options out there but it sounds like you're probably on the right track considering the #s you listed.

I've read most of the reviews on this thread and found some great info on this club. I hit the 910 D2 last week with the Kai'li shaft compared to my R9 and the monitor showed big improvements in everything- lower launch as the R9 is more high than I would like, great dispersion and most importantly distance gains from 15-20 yards! Spin rate was down to about 3100 on average. I have been trying many drivers lately and have been most impressed with this model. I'm 90% sure on buying the 910 D2 and thanks all for your great reviews.

I think both you guys will really enjoy the D2 on course, its a great driver

After being fitted by a pro at my local course, I pulled the trigger and ordered a 910 D2 10.5 with a RIP 60 stiff shaft. Thanks again for all the info and I'm loving this new driver.

Last edited:
After being fitted by a pro at my local course, I pulled the trigger and ordered a 910 D2 10.5 with a RIP 60 stiff shaft. Thanks again for all the info and I'm loving this new driver.

big fan of the D2, enjoy the purchase

Great purchase SPG40 and looking forward to your bonding time with this amazing driver!

I'm real interesting in demo'ing a D2 but I need a little extra loft to achieve the correct launch angle. The good news is they are coming out with a 12 degree version November 15th.

I have been working on my iron game so much lately my driver swing has went down the toilet big time!!! It has been the best driving year of my life so its kinda disappointing to be struggling at the moment with the D2. I am still making really solid contact just hooking everything at this time. That is my normal miss and I always fall into these hooking slumps throughout the year so no big surprise. Guess I need to start spacing out my iron practice a little more so I can get some more driver practice in there.

Im not going to lie Im a little confused. Some of the guys that have been praising the 910 for months are dropping it quickly. Im curious what changed? 10yarddraw could do no wrong with this and even proclaimed it the best driver he ever hit. Now he is changing it out. I know Chunky is also doing some pondering. What are you guys seeing that is different now?

Are you having issues with the forgiveness the same way it plagued me in our driver testing? Or is it something else?

Back