Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Im not going to lie Im a little confused. Some of the guys that have been praising the 910 for months are dropping it quickly. Im curious what changed? 10yarddraw could do no wrong with this and even proclaimed it the best driver he ever hit. Now he is changing it out. I know Chunky is also doing some pondering. What are you guys seeing that is different now?

Are you having issues with the forgiveness the same way it plagued me in our driver testing? Or is it something else?

its called driver HO'ing JB lol, I still claim it is the best driver I have ever hit and I had my best driving year since getting it, I can always replace it if the Cleveland Black doesnt work out, just to many great reviews on that driver to not try it. I really wish things showed up at my door to test like you get them but selling and buying is the only way I can really test new stuff out.

Im not going to lie Im a little confused. Some of the guys that have been praising the 910 for months are dropping it quickly. Im curious what changed? 10yarddraw could do no wrong with this and even proclaimed it the best driver he ever hit. Now he is changing it out. I know Chunky is also doing some pondering. What are you guys seeing that is different now?

Are you having issues with the forgiveness the same way it plagued me in our driver testing? Or is it something else?

Quite honestly I just get bored with my drivers. I get one every year and this one has about reached it's time limit. It's a great driver and I have found it to be plenty forgiving but I'm just done. I'm in cold season ponder mode

its called driver HO'ing JB lol, I still claim it is the best driver I have ever hit and I had my best driving year since getting it, I can always replace it if the Cleveland Black doesnt work out, just to many great reviews on that driver to not try it. I really wish things showed up at my door to test like you get them but selling and buying is the only way I can really test new stuff out.
10yard, what kind of flight/numbers were you seeing with the Graphite Design shaft compared to the Rip? I hit the rip/d2 combo a lot over the summer, but didn't like the shaft. I loved the head though.

I left driver at home today and played my 910F 15* set to 16.50* and only missed 2 fairways during my 18 holes this morning, this fairway wood is still working out really well.

I get being a "club ho" but if I had found the "best driver I have ever played" there is no way I would be selling it, just to try something else. That just seems crazy to me. Chunky needs all the help he can get.

10yard, what kind of flight/numbers were you seeing with the Graphite Design shaft compared to the Rip? I hit the rip/d2 combo a lot over the summer, but didn't like the shaft. I loved the head though.

no numbers but the GD got up quick then flattened out and kept carrying while the RIP would get up then start coming down faster than the Tour AD if that makes sense. I did see a little more roll out from the RIP but more carry distance from the GD and as long as the fairways werent soaking wet the GD would have some nice roll out too. My fairways are usually really wet so carry distance is what you need on my course.

I get being a "club ho" but if I had found the "best driver I have ever played" there is no way I would be selling it, just to try something else. That just seems crazy to me. Chunky needs all the help he can get.

CB is right here. Why not try a driver out first or get fit for a driver before selling the best you have ever tried? Im all for trying new things, but if you go back and read this thread over the last month (I did last night for some research), you were speaking of buying a second one, never getting rid of this one, etc...I get the idea of wanting to try new things, but in the end, why not try something and see if it works better first?

Edit: Which by the way is the same as I do (since you mentioned stuff showing up). Try a ton of stuff, but I dont change clubs all that often.

no numbers but the GD got up quick then flattened out and kept carrying while the RIP would get up then start coming down faster than the Tour AD if that makes sense. I did see a little more roll out from the RIP but more carry distance from the GD and as long as the fairways werent soaking wet the GD would have some nice roll out too. My fairways are usually really wet so carry distance is what you need on my course.
Alright, thanks. That is what I was looking for.

why, you can always replace it? Its not like the 910 is going anywhere, now if it was a 10 year old driver that was super rare I can see where it would be a big deal but its not IMO

CB is right here. Why not try a driver out first or get fit for a driver before selling the best you have ever tried? Im all for trying new things, but if you go back and read this thread over the last month (I did last night for some research), you were speaking of buying a second one, never getting rid of this one, etc...I get the idea of wanting to try new things, but in the end, why not try something and see if it works better first?

I was thinking about having a backup then cooler weather set in and the Cleveland Black caught my eye and thats all she wrote, I would think everybody would be use to me switching clubs out of no where by now lol. Like I said if this little test doesnt work out all I have to do is buy another 910/GD Tour AD combo.

Seth pounded this today. I still hit this driver well and I still could game this for a long time. I do know that other drivers that I've hit were a bit longer for me(Razr Hawk) and I think I want to try a different shaft. It turns out it's actually easier to find a pull and get it installed in a regular driver then it is to get a 910 tipped shaft. Plus I feel like I fit almost perfectly into the swing speed for the Cleveland Black driver.

I do need help

Seth pounded this today. I still hit this driver well and I still could game this for a long time. I do know that other drivers that I've hit were a bit longer for me(Razr Hawk) and I think I want to try a different shaft. It turns out it's actually easier to find a pull and get it installed in a regular driver then it is to get a 910 tipped shaft. Plus I feel like I fit almost perfectly into the swing speed for the Cleveland Black driver.

That was my thinking as well chunky, I dont have a fast SS cause I dont hit it that far, my guess would be right around 100SS give or take.

Still lovin my 910 w/ Project X combo. When I miss hit it it's usually my fault.

I picked mine up this spring and have no reason to get rid of it. It is a great club!

After reading Ping G20 review and feedback, I cheated on my 910 D2 for a couple weeks. The guilt of leaving her (and G20's annoying sound) brought me back. I apologize to my her every round of golf or range session. We're getting along just fine now and I've been forgiven.... So I think? lol

My driver is always the shakiest club in my bag in terms of staying around. I don't know why it just is. Maybe I just like shiny new headcovers

My driver is always the shakiest club in my bag in terms of staying around. I don't know why it just is. Maybe I just like shiny new headcovers

It normally is for me too until the SL 290 which I just seem to hit further and more consistently then any driver I have played before.

It normally is for me too until the SL 290 which I just seem to hit further and more consistently then any driver I have played before.

thought you switched to the machspeed black?

thought you switched to the machspeed black?

Nope, I got a great deal on one and hit it for a while, but in the end it wasn't even close, especially when I got it on a launch monitor.

Gawd I LOVE :in-love: my D2 910 with the blue 9 gram weight and the 44 inch on the C3 setting!!!!!!!!! :blob: I missed one fairway all weekend and the one fairway I missed was not in bad shape and very playable conditon. I have been playing from the regular member tees which leaves me with a good approach shot from all my tee shots . I do hit my 3 - iron on some of the tighter holes thus the FIR's have been awesome!

Okay I'm seriously considering buying the D2 or the D3 but I can't decide which one to buy. If you were me (low handicapper), Which one would you look at the most in terms of getting the correct setting and possibly purchasing? All advice would be absolutely fantastic.

Back