Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Okay I'm seriously considering buying the D2 or the D3 but I can't decide which one to buy. If you were me (low handicapper), Which one would you look at the most in terms of getting the correct setting and possibly purchasing? All advice would be absolutely fantastic.

If you are a very high spin player I would go with the D3 but other than that D2 all the way IMO, more forgiving. I see your HC is a 9.5 I think the D2 would probably be a better option, its more forgiving since its a 460cc head compared to the smaller 445cc D3 head.

Okay I'm seriously considering buying the D2 or the D3 but I can't decide which one to buy. If you were me (low handicapper), Which one would you look at the most in terms of getting the correct setting and possibly purchasing? All advice would be absolutely fantastic.

Johnathan -- I would go with the D2 as more forgiveness is the ticket. You can still work the ball with the larger head if you want and with the proper loft you will be bombing them out there!

I'm still loving my driver. When I hit a bad shot it is fully my fault with this driver. I am still working on getting a consistent driver swing but once I do I think I will be deadly with this.

I'm still loving my driver. When I hit a bad shot it is fully my fault with this driver. I am still working on getting a consistent driver swing but once I do I think I will be deadly with this.

Yep I can vouch he hit the 910 very well at the Georgia Get Together! It was cool to see two of these drivers in our foursome and now JT723 is got the hawts for one :D.

Yep I can vouch he hit the 910 very well at the Georgia Get Together! It was cool to see two of these drivers in our foursome and now JT723 is got the hawts for one :D.

I hope JT723 gets one so we no longer have to hear him complain about his $50 driver lol.

$30. You're excused.

There is one in the marketplace JT!

I already checked it out, but It's out of my price range.

I already checked it out, but It's out of my price range.

dang.
I got mine on ebay for $300 and money well spent.
You won't regret it at all.

I am loving mine. Took me a bunch of swings and drivers but this one is a keeper

Just picked up my new 910 D2 at the pro shop and hit the range for a session. Night and day between my off the rack R9 and fitted D2,such a difference. I should be able to shave at least a couple strokes off my scores with this consistency. To be fair to other clubs the biggest improvement here is being fitted and using the correct shaft, but I'm loving the feel and results of this driver.

Dear 910D2
I am so sorry I had a moment of weakness and wanted to get rid of you for another driver but after the way you treated me today I have come to my senses and you are safe, I might add another driver but I will NOT get rid of you!

Dear 910D2
I am so sorry I had a moment of weakness and wanted to get rid of you for another driver but after the way you treated me today I have come to my senses and you are safe, I might add another driver but I will NOT get rid of you!

Yeah, I thought you were being a bit crazy haha

the time has come..the budget has been reserved with the wife..im testing these today at the range..

they have 3 shafts available: the RIP, KAI'LI and 'ILIMA. they dont have the PX6.0 or the 'AHINA.

so it will be a straight up battle against my current MP630 using trackman stats. I will be able to adjust the settings although its not a full fitting.

will post some results when the dust has settled and we shall see who is left standing..

Yeah, I thought you were being a bit crazy haha

haha the driver HO in me took over for a bit but I got it back under control.

I'm booked in titleist's new facility at Celtic Manor on Thursday,full trackman/flightscope facility and hitting outside as well,can't wait.Like the idea of low spin,my current 10.5 launches as 18 degrees with 3500 rpm for 225yards,swing speed is 85-90mphthing just balloons up in the sky.

I'm booked in titleist's new facility at Celtic Manor on Thursday,full trackman/flightscope facility and hitting outside as well,can't wait.Like the idea of low spin,my current 10.5 launches as 18 degrees with 3500 rpm for 225yards,swing speed is 85-90mphthing just balloons up in the sky.

This sounds amazing! You will have to keep us updated with your experience.

I'll post Thursday with the results,tried it against the R11 but found it a much better driver for me.

the time has come..the budget has been reserved with the wife..im testing these today at the range..

they have 3 shafts available: the RIP, KAI'LI and 'ILIMA. they dont have the PX6.0 or the 'AHINA.

so it will be a straight up battle against my current MP630 using trackman stats. I will be able to adjust the settings although its not a full fitting.

will post some results when the dust has settled and we shall see who is left standing..
Interested to read about your results, keep us posted!

Update- I only missed 1 fairway today with the D2

WHAT!?!? Missed one fairway??? You shoul sell...no wait...give this club to me right away!!! LOL

Absolutey the best driver on the market! Improved my handicap by five strokes...

Absolutey the best driver on the market! Improved my handicap by five strokes...

For YOU!
And to be fair, you said yourself you have not tested any other drivers at the same length as you are playing this one.
For us with actual launch monitor numbers, it was no where near the best in terms of forgiveness.

For YOU!
And to be fair, you said yourself you have not tested any other drivers at the same length as you are playing this one.
For us with actual launch monitor numbers, it was no where near the best in terms of forgiveness.

I still say its pretty forgiving since I have not seen the massive distance loss on off center hits like you have. Is it the most forgiving driver out there? Of course not but I will take total performance over maximum forgiveness any day. Its all personal though, just depends on what you want and I want every driver thats coming out for 2012 haha.

I still say its pretty forgiving since I have not seen the massive distance loss on off center hits like you have. Is it the most forgiving driver out there? Of course not but I will take total performance over maximum forgiveness any day. Its all personal though, just depends on what you want and I want every driver thats coming out for 2012 haha.

I think all drivers are "fairly" forgiving in this day and age. But I can also say that numbers dont lie and watching myself and 13 other people hit driver after driver on the launch monitor and see it consistently not match up in "off center" hits says everything to me. I mean cmon now, 3 days ago, yours was for sale in the marketplace after a few struggles.

Back