Miyazaki Kusala Indigo Shafts - Preview

Those are sweet looking shafts and I'm really looking forward to your review.

Looking forward to your thoughts on these shafts TC! You are going to be a busy guy, juggling a newborn and shaft testing as well!

Wow I'm excited to hear about these babies! I'm pretty intrigued by the light xstiff shaft like a lot of others.

Cant wait to here your thoughts on these TC! Curious to see if the Kusala series makes its way into any of the SRI offerings as a stock shaft or if it will remain as an upgrade shaft only.

Looking forward to your thoughts on these shafts TC! You are going to be a busy guy, juggling a newborn and shaft testing as well!

Maybe juggling shafts led to the newborn hairy :blowkiss:

My life returns to normal next week. I have to order some tips for them anyway. JB, can you please confirm that these are .335 tipped? I'm assuming they are based on past offerings from Miyazaki. Thanks.

I dont have the specs yet, but I cant imagine they would change that considering the rest of the Kusala line.

I want to clarify something in the thread from earlier. People need to remember that the little number is the shaft series and NOT the weight. If a shaft says 72 or 61 it does not necessarily mean that the shaft weight is that. For instance the X might be 73 and the S might be 70.

I dont have the specs yet, but I cant imagine they would change that considering the rest of the Kusala line.

Ok, can you just let me know when you get confirmation.

I want to clarify something in the thread from earlier. People need to remember that the little number is the shaft series and NOT the weight. If a shaft says 72 or 61 it does not necessarily mean that the shaft weight is that. For instance the X might be 73 and the S might be 70.

Yup, my bad. I just didn't have anything to go off of so I made a false assumption. I would assume that the actual weight isn't too far off from the number stamped on the shaft.

Ok, can you just let me know when you get confirmation.

Yup, my bad. I just didn't have anything to go off of so I made a false assumption. I would assume that the actual weight isn't too far off from the number stamped on the shaft.

Confirmation achieved.

Just out of curiousity since I don't have a miya to look at, do they put the weight on the shaft somehwere?

If not then I could see where this would lead to a lot of confusion from the consumer.

Those look great, I'm looking forward to hearing you thoughts on these!!

Just out of curiousity since I don't have a miya to look at, do they put the weight on the shaft somehwere?

If not then I could see where this would lead to a lot of confusion from the consumer.

Its listed on their website when the products are released. It is the reason that they speak so much about fitting.
However it is also always going to be fairly close to the series number.

Its listed on their website when the products are released. It is the reason that they speak so much about fitting.
However it is also always going to be fairly close to the series number.

Got ya, makes sense.

Not to derail this thread all that much, but it seems like other companies are also doing this where the number on the shaft doesn't match the exact shaft weight. The Kai'li 60 that I play right now is actually 57 grams. I can't tell the difference in 3 grams, but I can see where it would bother some people that the number on the shaft isn't exactly the weight of it.

With regards to the 2 shafts that TC has, I don't think that 5 grams is a big difference, should be interesting to hear about the differences in ball flights.

So the 61S is 62 grams and the 56Xstiff is 58 grams. Very interested in trying these out. Also have confirmation that like all previous models, the Indigo's are .335 tipped.

Ahhh another TC shaft review. Excellent!

Looking forward to the review buddy.

I am really looking forward to this. I'm ready for a new driver or shaft

I can't wait to hear more from this. That is one of the combos I was looking to do with this shaft (R9/Indigo). I don't mind a little lighter but it's gotta be tip stiff (low torque) so TC I'll have some questions about that when you get comfortable.

Nice initial pics TC, this really is a good looking shaft.

Really interested to see how this goes. Constant flex code, light X flex, and of course the different characteristics between the S and X flexes.

I can't wait to hear more from this. That is one of the combos I was looking to do with this shaft (R9/Indigo). I don't mind a little lighter but it's gotta be tip stiff (low torque) so TC I'll have some questions about that when you get comfortable.

I hope to be able to provide the answers for you buddy. I ordered some sleeves last night so it's only a matter of time before these are ready for action.

Good grief, those are beautiful TC. Can't wait to see and hear more about these bad boy's.

Good grief, those are beautiful TC. Can't wait to see and hear more about these bad boy's.

They really are pretty. If you were a fan of the artwork by Kusala on the Black series then you'll really like the artwork on the Indigo's. There seems to be a little more detail than before and it's really nice looking. It's so hard to photo it but I tried to get some decent shots in there for everyone.

They really are pretty. If you were a fan of the artwork by Kusala on the Black series then you'll really like the artwork on the Indigo's. There seems to be a little more detail than before and it's really nice looking. It's so hard to photo it but I tried to get some decent shots in there for everyone.

I've certainly been a big fan of the Kusala art work, but if anything like the blue I own now, thats just gravy to the performance these Miyazaki shafts have to offer. I know you'll give these a solid work out, looking forward to it.

Back