Worst Hole of the Day - DOUBLE PAR OR WORSE ONLY!!!

Skimmer! A double bogey doesn't qualify! It's supposed to be double par at best!
Dang it - you are right! I read the rules last week when this thread re-surfaced but since slept and forgot. Hope to play 9 tonight and have a double par to report back with. :beat-up:

Dang it - you are right! I read the rules last week when this thread re-surfaced but since slept and forgot. Hope to play 9 tonight and have a double par to report back with. :beatup:
I hope you don't have to report back cookie!

Yesterday at Pipestone, MikeDean's Ohio golf outing, #1 handicap hole, par 5. My tee shot went dead left into a hazard, #3 off the tee was an ok shot, #4 was topped into the hazzard on the left, again, #6 was a decent shot, #7 from only 85 yards out was short of the green, chipped on and 1 putt for a smooooth 9.

Yesterday at Pipestone, MikeDean's Ohio golf outing, #1 handicap hole, par 5. My tee shot went dead left into a hazard, #3 off the tee was an ok shot, #4 was topped into the hazzard on the left, again, #6 was a decent shot, #7 from only 85 yards out was short of the green, chipped on and 1 putt for a smooooth 9.

wow, I got tired reading about all of those strokes lol

I lucked out and made a long putt that luckily the cup got in the way of for Birdie....but we all know it was down hill after justa few more holes

i had a few blow up holes this year.

at my home club the 4th is a real pain in the arse and it really took me for a ride one day.i was +1 at the time i think and i walked away with a +4 8 to end up +5.that was it for me that day i fell apart after that.

at callander i was playing relatively well,maybe going to finish 1 or 2 under my handicap when i came to the par 5 17th.this hole is relatively easy and i play it well.....usually!!not this day,i ended up with a 9 i think......i couldn't believe it,i was literally 25 yrds from the green in 2 in the thick rough and i couldn't get it out...no matter how hard i hit it.

Past weekend, Par 4 375 yards. Tee off downhill with water on the right side. I hit my drive and it fades just enough to go into the water. Hit 3 off the tee and hook it left into the woods. Finally, 3rd time I put one in the fairway. Hit 6 into the green and 2 putt for an 8.

Par 3 - 190 yds. Elevated green. The right side is a steep downhill slope leading into water.

I hit my 3h pin high but on the right of the green. The lie appears good, except the grass is hiding the 3 inches of mud that my SW picked up before I chunked it 9 feet.

3rd shot: Chunked 4 ft.

4th shot: Left foot is 4 ft higher than my right. Flew the green.

5th shot: Chipped onto the fringe. Doh!

6/7: Decent long 2 putt.

Ruined my front 9 =(

Saturday. GA Golf Outing. Butternut Creek GC. Blairsville, GA.

18th_Butternut.jpg

Tee shot was a thing of beauty. Perfectly placed about 20yds from the waters' edge.
I then promptly got all out of control on a reverse-pivot and topped a 3W into the water.
Dropping 3, hitting 4, I choose the M2 Mashie as I'm now pi$$ed at Mr. 3W.
Topped another one into the water. Yay. Dropping 5, hitting 6.
I finally get one out over the water and it ends up next to the tree by the "r" in Water, above.
Hacked that out to the fairway for a 8th shot into the green.
Get on finally and two putt ......
for a TEN!

What made it worse was, it was match play and I lost to a NINE!

I made a 9 on a par-4 today. I started by blocking my first tee shot way up into the trees, and I knew that ball was gone. So I'm hitting 3 off the tee, and hit another ball way over to the right, but I figured I could find that one. Well, I find it, but it's in the middle of some trees and pinestraw, I take one swing at it and the ball goes maybe 5 yards. I take another swing and hit the ball across the fairway. So now I'm in the left rough 90 yards away from the green. My 6th shot is a sand wedge, and the ball comes up short. I then proceed to 3-putt from short of the green to make a smooth 9. Yeah, it was awesome.

par3 #8 usually plays in the 180-230 range
water on the left
trap guarding left side of green
theyre doing maintenance on the back teeboxes so today it was playing a whopping 95yrds
teed off with a 56 and for some reason wedges and teed up balls do not work for me at all
shoulda hit it off the deck
hit a big pull right into the trap... a deep fluffy last guy in it didnt rake his 400lbs foot prints type of trap
my ball was right next to a foot print with a lot of sand behind the ball
2nd shot hit alot of sand and bladed the ball into the side of the trap rebounding behind me
3rd shot with a much better lie got it out of the trap but left me a brutal above the hole severe left to righter
4th shot putt missed the hole low and went off the green down the false front into a DIVOT
5th shot chipped right side pin high leaving me a brutal right to lefter from about 3ft
6th shot was a knee knocker that had a u-turn break but i managed to cram it in or else it woulda went off the green again
a triple is considered a double par right?

A couple of weeks ago (last round of the year):

#5 at Green Acres. 490 yd par 5. About 260 to carry a pond, with trees on both sides creating a fairly narrow gap.

I can't carry the water hazard, so I usually tee off with 4I to lay up. Tee shot can't be too far left or right because I won't have a good angle to get the ball through the gap in the trees.

Well, I hit the ball well to the left, but I can still get through the gap, just won't be on the fairway. 7I looks decent for this shot. Hit another one well to the left, over the trees and into the water. Drop 3, hit 4 just like I hit #2.

Common practice at this course is to drop on the other side of the pond after hitting 2 balls into it. Not sure what the rules say about that, but let's pretend it's legit. I drop 5. It's about 230 from here, so I figure 5I plus GW gets me onto the green. Shot #6 with the five goes way to the right - I must be over-compensating for hitting the last 2 shots way to the left. Lots of room to the right at this part of the hole, so no big deal, but I'm hitting GW from the rough now, and I land the ball slightly left of the green.

Shot #8: Chunk! 3 feet. Shot #9: Chunk! but some how gets pin high, leaving me with a 12 foot, slightly downhill put. I hit a weak 7 footer. Next put lips-out. Shot #12 goes in.

So it's a 12. Or maybe a 14 for dropping closer to the hole?

Anyway, this is always a bad hole for me. It used to be that I'd ALWAYS top my second shot and skip the ball about 3/4 of the way across the pond before it sank. A couple of times, I managed to skip the ball clear across! Lately, I'm getting the ball airborne, but it always goes way off line. Not a curved hook/slice, but just dead straight to the left or right. Still, getting into double digits on this one is especially bad, even for me.

yesterday at Windtree GC in Mt.Juliet, TN.

16th hole. 410 yd highly elevated tee box, long, straight. Pin is up front today. Its the # 2 handicap hole on the course but with a straight drive, it's easy to par. So here I come, fade my tee-shot into woods on the right. 2nd shot is actually a clear path through the woods about 190 out. I try to play a 5-iron w. some fade just to get it into a spot where I can chip on. I blade/top it...it squirts about 75 yards down the hill to the right and comes to rest in the rough behind a small tree. 3rd shot...I actually have a shot if I can put a little baby draw on it. Done this plenty of times. An easy 9-iron. But no, I catch it thin, it flies to the right of the green, no fade, and bounces down a small slope into the water. I take the drop, laying 4 but still have a chance to score if I can get up and down. Never give up, right? 58 deg. wedge, chili-dip the shot and it goes about 8 feet $#1t !! I've had enough of this hole....take the snowman and walk off.

How to Play It:
At only 157 yards, this par 3 counters it's medium length with a well-protected green guarded by wetlands on the right. The challenging putting surface places a premium on proper positioning.

The Club at Renaissance; 8th hole; Par 3; 160 yards

I am 3 over for the day...jump up to the tee ready to hit a standard 7 iron. Top it in the water. Re-tee for 3. Hit a fade (which I never do), kicks off the right edge of the green; back in the water. Re-tee for 5. Hit the center of the green. Two put for a 7. Worked on the handicap the rest of the day. Ever notice how quick the HDCP goes down but takes forever to work its way back up? Just saying.

8-1.JPG

Playing with my normal group of 12 at a private course where one of our group is the superintendent, (our home course was closed for a Nationwide Tour event. As a 11 handicap i was 6 over going into the 16th hole. Narrow fairway with dense trees on the left, bodering a road and houses on the right. Opened up as you got to the green. Tee ball, hard slice into the trees. Second tee shot, loosened the hands, concentrated on clearing the hips to avoid pulling up and out, severe duck hook into a house, next two tee shots slice OB. finished the hole with a 12. Good bye round!

PS Doubled the par 3, 17 and doubled the par 5, 18.

Playing yesterday, long par 5, dogleg right. Have to get your tee shot to about 240-250 to the dogleg to have a clear next shot and not be stuck behind the trees.
Tried to cut the corner. Hit the one tree limb that was sticking out on the last tree before the dogleg. Wonderful...
Ball drops straight down and lands next to red stake.
Have to chip out to fairway with an 8i.
Proceed to shank a wedge into the pond that is 45 degrees to my right. Haven't hit a shot like that in over a year.
Drop another and fly the green.
Hard chip onto a downhill green, rolls off the front.
Chip back onto green.
3 putt.
A legitimate 10.........yay me!!

Finished with an 86 for the round.

Par 3 167yds Hickory Valley with the Plaid Jacket Group. Tee shot into the water nice little pond in front of the green. Take my drop 3rd shot thin bladed into the water. Didn't have another ball in my pocket Buckjob was kind to loan me a special # 27 Penta to shoot 5 onto the green and two putted for a cough choke 7.

long par 4 with a forced carry over water on the teeshot
really intimidating shot cuz a hook and a slice could end up in 2 diff ponds
right before i step to the tee my girl says "hun... dont hit the penta in the water its a $6 ball" thanks
now all im thinking about was water instead of where i want to land the ball
3 teeshots later and 2 balls in the water... i finally hit it over
chunked a few shots to the green and 3 putt
nice

So after todays round I thought I'd start a thread for people to vent and to entertain people with. This thread will be for your disaster hole only. And here are the rules:

• This is not a thread for a golfer who is even par and makes a bogey or a double bogey on the final hole.
  • This thread is for holes that you make at least double par on, please only post holes of double par or worse!
  • Limit of disaster hole descriptions is one per round, so if you are having one of those days just describe the worst hole.
  • Give a short description of the hole, then describe how you played it

18th hole, 275 yard par 4 across a valley. The hole is a little uphill from the tee box. At the bottom of the valley you are probably 40 or 50 feet below the hole.

• I topped the drive, sending it to the lowest part of the valley, about 178 from the center of the green (where the hole was today).
  • Shot 2: Hit a 6H, intending to clear the overhanging branches 30 yards in front of me and giving up a shot at the green. Hit if super fat and it went about 20 feet, but it went right enough that I had a shot at the green.
  • Shot 3: Had 172 yards to the pin, all uphill. 5 wood that I hit way right by the gas tanks for the golf carts way on the right side. Took a drop.
  • Shot 5: had 70 yards, all uphill, took out the GW and put it in the bunker 30 yards in front of me.
  • Shot 6: Used the 54* wedge and put it short of the fringe, about 15 yards from the hole.
  • Shot 7: Used the same wedge and put it to 2 feet.
  • Shot 8: Made the putt.

This hole cost me breaking 90 for the first time all year. Shot 90 on the nose.

Hole 13 today. About the time I hit the wall physically and when all my little demons finally came out, all in one hole.

285 yard Par 4, hole curves slightly to the right with water about 30 yards in front of the green. It used to by my favorite hole when I could play my HiBore driver off the tee, because the hole just fit my eye and played well for my little baby fade. Since I have went to the 910 driver, I can't hit driver there anymore, because I could clear the green on the fly and have. So, I have been experimenting hitting different clubs off the tee and have found the three wood to be my best bet. I have greened it once with my three wood, and left it about 5 yards short on Monday. So I figure this is in the bag, because I finally found a comfort zone.

The drive. I top my three wood, it goes about 15 yards to the right, laying right beside the cart path, in a pile of dirt and mud.

2nd Shot. The ball is resting in the mud and dirt and I still have about 260 yards to go to the green. So, I try to lay up in the middle of the fairway. I don't catch the #2 hybrid flush, hitting more mud than ball, but I advance the ball about 150 yards into the center of the fairway.

3rd shot. Decent lie, though the fairway is still a little soupy from all the rain we have had and there are a few bald spots around the ball. 105 yards out from the green. I am a digger and naturally, that doesn't work out real well in soupy conditions. I chunk my sand wedge, laying fiber optic cable. The ball shoots right and finally rolls into the pond.

Drop and 5th shot. Hit a solid chip, but it scoots across the green and rolls up an embankment behind the green, leaving me a short sided chip to a tucked pin.

6th shot. I chip the ball from the embankment, and because I have left my self so short sided, with no place to work, I hit the ball about 15 feet past the flag, leaving myself a hard right breaking putt for triple.

7th shot. Leave my triple bogey putt about 6 inches short of the hole. Tap in for a quad.

Deep sigh. Cigarette lit. My day went downhill from here.

Couple rounds ago I had a 12, if I had shot link it would have been hilarious to see online :D

Tee shot into some bushes, took an unplayable and hit that back in play. Missed the green with a wedge and it kicked into the desert behind a rock. A couple hits at that without any luck before I double hit it. Throw in another penalty and a 3 putt once I was finally on the green and it added up quickly, haah

This thread is way more entertaining than most threads. :D

This thread is way more entertaining than most threads. :D

Indeed it is. Here's mine from the weekend.

193 yard par 3 - Big pot-bunker on the right front of green. Farther right is a narrow pond. Left is basically tall grass jail or OB, depending on how far you go.

Shot 1 - 4 hybrid - short fade/slice that hits the cart part to the right. Huge bounce. Thought it was in the water, but actually jumped over the pond and lodged in the mud bank, about a foot from the water, but inside the red.

Shot 2 - wedge - Stupidly tried to hit from where the ball landed. Skipped it over the water, but it sunk about 2 feet from the other side of the pond.

Shot 3 - penalty

Shot 4 - Wedge - dropped a few paces back from the pond. Pitched over the bunker and onto the green.

Shot 5 & 6 - Putts

First hole out of the gate last Saturday. Hit a good drive, a decent approach, chipped up and 4 putted. A triple on the first hole. Great way to start off.

From this past weekend and playing with Cookie, Number 9 from the green 379yds. I hit a long drive down the center laying 84 out to the flag. Wedge shot, almost straight >>>>>>>>>> right:banghead: And this was cookie after my shot

images

First hole out of the gate last Saturday. Hit a good drive, a decent approach, chipped up and 4 putted. A triple on the first hole. Great way to start off.
But this doesn't qualify! (Must be double par)

Back