Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

Hope this hasn't been answered/asked, but for those who have hit the A7OS hybrids how do these compare?

I have to say that the these irons/hybrids pretty much rule. I hit both a little bit - range and course - and I love the graphite regular flex. Big, high, and long balls are really easy to hit with them. I think I love the transitional irons.

I have to say that the these irons/hybrids pretty much rule. I hit both a little bit - range and course - and I love the graphite regular flex. Big, high, and long balls are really easy to hit with them. I think I love the transitional irons.

I was thinking you were going to chime in here today. What did you think particularly of the hybrids in the set?

They were better than I thought they would be (for me). I liked the size and headshape quite a bit. The 6 hybrid is something special. It's a really nice club to hit and just puts the ball up in the air and long. I wish I could have hit them more than I did. Duey and Smalls really hit them well. I was really impressed!

They were better than I thought they would be (for me). I liked the size and headshape quite a bit. The 6 hybrid is something special. It's a really nice club to hit and just puts the ball up in the air and long. I wish I could have hit them more than I did. Duey and Smalls really hit them well. I was really impressed!

Glad you liked em Hawk, the 6 hybrid is a great club..,the ball explodes of the face straight into the air and carries long and straight.

nice write up and round TBT! glad youre seeing success with the hybrids i never really thought about using more than a 2 hybrid. this is at least making me think about adding 1 or 2 more.

I played 36 holes yesterday, the first 18 as part of a Charity Scramble and then 18 by myself later in the afternoon. The scramble round was almost 5 and a half hours:bulgy-eyes:, it was far Breast Cancer and there were 29 teams so lots of waiting. My whole team played the pink B330-RX which I thought was pretty cool. We did okay we finished 5th out of 29 so not bad, all 4 guys in my group hit at least one of the Adams Hybrids today and they all loved them!

After our lunch and a couple of cold adult beverages, I went out and played 18 by myself.

Testing Date: October 15, 2011
Conditons: Sunny, 87 degrees with 10-15 mph winds
Clubs Tested: Adams a12 OS Hybrids/Irons with ProLaunch Blue Graphite Shafts, Regular Flex
Score: 41+42=83 and I missed at least 4 birdie putts inside of 15 feet!

Hybrids: I don't know what else I can say about these clubs, the ball jumps off the face, gets up quickly, goes straight and long and lands soft. Here's a video of me hitting the 6H from 170 into about a 12 mph wind, if you look closely you can see the ball...look how fast that ball gets up!!!

[YOUTUBE]CQNNUS7pfuU[/YOUTUBE]

Transitional Irons 7-8: These really cut through the turf and the rough, the extra mass really helps the ball get up and carry, but you can keep it low if needed. I hit the 8 iron to about 7 feet on a 148 yard par 3 today and the ball was less than a foot from the ball mark.

Scoring Irons 9-GW: Again, really consitent contact with the irons, the "velocity slot" technology that they carried over into the iron set gets the ball up quick with a nice high ball flight, but it never seems to "balloon" even into the wind...sure the wind will knock a shot down,but you never see that "ballooning effect" where the ball seems to almost go backwards. I had a blind shot on a par 4 from behind some trees today from about 110 yards, I moved the ball a little forward and opened the 9 iron slightly and took a good full swing...the ball got up over the trees, hit the green and stopped dead!!

Overall: The Adams a12 OS set continues to impress me, if I could have made a few putts today I really think I could have broke 80, I missed 4 birdie putts inside 15 feet and 2 inside 10 feet:at-wits-end::banghead::angry:
But, the key is that the Adams clubs gave me the chance to do something I have never done which is to break 80! With the help of these clubs I think that milestone in my game is just around the corner.

Thanks to all for the info one question has anyone hit these and the Redline set from a couple of months ago. How did they compare?

Last edited:
Still having a hard time keeping myself from thinking about this set. The transitionals have a really nice, solid sound at impact and the ball really just jumps up in the air fast.

Didn't love the sound of the hybrids at impact, but they really put the ball out there. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to hit them again before winter.

I had a nice little shootout between these and the Razr X....

Hopefully you can Hawk. They really just keep surprising me.

nice can't wait for that write-up

Ill be putting it up tonight man. It's not huge but pretty interesting. I love these hybrids but putting them up next to another good hybrid put a lot of things into perspective for me.

Ill be putting it up tonight man. It's not huge but pretty interesting. I love these hybrids but putting them up next to another good hybrid put a lot of things into perspective for me.

Doesn't have to be a novel to be good. I'm sure it will be interesting to read. I know how much you like both sets of hybrids so I'm looking forward to your thoughts

I went to the GA Get Together this weekend and played 3 days of golf (18, 27, & 18 holes). I shot 86 at Old Union, 83 at Butternut and then played best ball with Lefty78 but didn't keep score since it was match play and I was picking up on some of the holes.

I feel I hit the hybrids really well, especially off the tee. I also hit some pretty iron shots but had some occasional issues with alignment and club selection as always. I made 5 birdies on the weekend and had several other missed opportunities. I wish I could remember more to tell you but a lot of it is a blur. All I know is that I felt really good about how I played on two courses I've never played before (minus the last round where I was just flat worn out). These clubs are great!

I made birdie on this hole with the Adams 6 hybrid (it was a par 3 uphill shot with the flag in the back and I landed about 3' from the pin) That was my only birdie at Butternut Creek golf course. I got the ball up high and it landed softly and stopped close. Too bad I wasn't playing in the tournament that was going on because I was a little closer than the person who had the close-up.

DSCF9999.jpg

DSCF9998.jpg

This is another hole at Butternut that I used the 6 hybrid on and saved par. It was a par 4 with a big dogleg left. I hit my tee shot with a 6 hybrid and didn't make the best contact and left it a little short. I had two choices (over or around trees) for a shot and neither of them were very desirable. I elected to take a short cut and go over some trees/pond/sand traps and landed right onto the green. I love that 6 hybrid for these kind of shots!!!

DSCF0010.jpg

This was a little long if I remember right but went straight at the pin. I think I hit PW. I hit a really good shot on this hole with a different pin location 2 days later and missed a 4-5' birdie opportunity.

[video=youtube;tl5UQ-fg7xY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl5UQ-fg7xY[/video]

5 hybrid shot to lay up before creek - I was in great shape with this one

This is another par 3 with all kinds of trouble around it. I missed my shot with an 8 iron (I believe) but it went straight and landed on the edge of the green. Very forgiving club!

Awesome writeup and vids KB! Looks like some fun golf and some great results.

a12os

a12os

I have this set 4-7 hybrids with the VS Proto Rip'd shafts and 8-GW with Project X shafts. (all no upcharge options) These are outstanding, very easy to hit, high penetrating shots. Highly recommend these clubs!!

I have this set 4-7 hybrids with the VS Proto Rip'd shafts and 8-GW with Project X shafts. (all no upcharge options) These are outstanding, very easy to hit, high penetrating shots. Highly recommend these clubs!!

That is some serious shafts! No upcharge? That's a great value especially if the stock shafts arent a good fit.

That is some serious shafts! No upcharge? That's a great value especially if the stock shafts arent a good fit.

That's awesome. For someone like me that almost tends to never fit with the stock shaft that sounds like music to my ears.

TBT & KB real nice write-ups and excellent videos to boot.

I've just noticed that I have not had a score in the 90s since playing these clubs. The last 15 scores I have posted in GHIN since 9/11 are all in the 80s. This is the most consistent I have ever played. Coincidence or the clubs?

I've just noticed that I have not had a score in the 90s since playing these clubs. The last 15 scores I have posted in GHIN since 9/11 are all in the 80s. This is the most consistent I have ever played. Coincidence or the clubs?

I think they may be suiting you really, really well KB :) From your reviews you have a ton of confidence with these!

I've seen you play them several times and I certainly don't think it is a coincidence, they are perfect for your game.

I have no doubt KellyBo has struck the Mother Lode with these Adams clubs!

Back