Miyazaki Kusala Indigo Shafts - Preview

The pics were really nice. Driver shafts are about the hardest thing to photograph. Nice job!

The pics were really nice. Driver shafts are about the hardest thing to photograph. Nice job!

I don't know why but I love taking pictures of golf equipment. It helps having a sweet camera, which we're lucky enough to have. It's just hard getting the entire shaft in a photo that actually shows some detail. The Indigo's are extremely sexy. I don't think they stand out and grab attention like the White, but once you start looking at it, it's hard to stop.

It is not that hard when you are used to handling length. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

I don't know why but I love taking pictures of golf equipment. It helps having a sweet camera, which we're lucky enough to have. It's just hard getting the entire shaft in a photo that actually shows some detail. The Indigo's are extremely sexy. I don't think they stand out and grab attention like the White, but once you start looking at it, it's hard to stop.

Me too man. I bought a good camera a day or two after I was made a staff writer. It's fun to play with light and angles.

The think I especially like about the Miyazaki shafts is that you can often find something cool about the artwork that you hadn't noticed in the past. I don't think there's a better line than the Kusalas for pure awesome looks. The best thing is that they perform as well.

This is a very interesting shaft and I'm looking forward to the technical info you share with us. I'm sure there is some good science behind the flex code and it will be cool to learn a little about it.

Me too man. I bought a good camera a day or two after I was made a staff writer. It's fun to play with light and angles.

The think I especially like about the Miyazaki shafts is that you can often find something cool about the artwork that you hadn't noticed in the past. I don't think there's a better line than the Kusalas for pure awesome looks. The best thing is that they perform as well.

This is a very interesting shaft and I'm looking forward to the technical info you share with us. I'm sure there is some good science behind the flex code and it will be cool to learn a little about it.

I agree, the constant flex has me interest but I'm having a hard time finding any sort of "technical" information as there isn't any on this line on Miyazaki's website.

I agree, the constant flex has me interest but I'm having a hard time finding any sort of "technical" information as there isn't any on this line on Miyazaki's website.

I've had the same troubles at times with really new or somewhat hard-to-find equipment.

Good looking shafts ( okay I feel creepy saying that ) can't wait to hear your thoughts on them.

Dumb TMod shaft question o the day! If I remember correctly this was between the blue and black kusala? So that would mean low spin and med launch? I'm really curious because I think this shaft could right my alley. Lord help me if I already asked this question in that initial thread haha.

I hit a Miyazaki 59x with a flex code of 7785 I like the shaft. Very straight, with a little pop. Miyazaki makes a very strong line of shafts for all handy caps.

Dumb TMod shaft question o the day! If I remember correctly this was between the blue and black kusala? So that would mean low spin and med launch? I'm really curious because I think this shaft could right my alley. Lord help me if I already asked this question in that initial thread haha.

You're right TMod, sits between the Blue and the Black. I've heard spin is on the lower end similar to the Black but with the launch a little higher than the Black. Of course, we'll get more feedback as more people actually use these shafts in the near future.

You're right TMod, sits between the Blue and the Black. I've heard spin is on the lower end similar to the Black but with the launch a little higher than the Black. Of course, we'll get more feedback as more people actually use these shafts in the near future.

That's good to know I wasn't going crazy. I was fitted for Kai'li and judging by the exchange you had in regards to the shaft (If I remember it correctly) this might be a good fit for me too. I like how the shaft I have now performs (low spin/mid launch) and it even worked well in my R11. I still think the feel of the Miyazaki's is almost unmatched.

That's good to know I wasn't going crazy. I was fitted for Kai'li and judging by the exchange you had in regards to the shaft (If I remember it correctly) this might be a good fit for me too. I like how the shaft I have now performs (low spin/mid launch) and it even worked well in my R11. I still think the feel of the Miyazaki's is almost unmatched.

I'm hoping they have these shafts at the 2012 Demo Day. I don't know what it is, but I've made some little tweaks to my driver swing recently and when the head and shaft match up well, I'm seeing more distance than I ever have. I guess that means my mechanics are better and maybe I've picked up a couple of MPH on my swing. While I was fit into the R11-Kai'li combo earlier this year, I wasn't hitting the driver as well, so I'm wondering if the shaft isn't as good of a fit right now. I'd love to hear more about a Kai'li to Miyazaki Blue comparison, but that's for another thread.

Also, for comparison, Cleveland Golf has taken a ton of different shafts and assigned International Flex Codes to those shafts by putting them in a TL310 head. The entire link is here: http://www.clevelandgolf.com/pdfs/Cleveland_Golf_Srixon_Custom_Catalog_Spring_2011.pdf

The Indigo shaft in stiff flex is 5555, as has been described. Miyazaki Blue in stiff is 5544, Black in stiff is 3566. Diamana Kai'li 60 in stiff is 5436, Attas T2 in stiff is 6551. Just going off of that, it seems like you may see a little lower launch from everything else compared to the Attas!

I'm hoping they have these shafts at the 2012 Demo Day. I don't know what it is, but I've made some little tweaks to my driver swing recently and when the head and shaft match up well, I'm seeing more distance than I ever have. I guess that means my mechanics are better and maybe I've picked up a couple of MPH on my swing. While I was fit into the R11-Kai'li combo earlier this year, I wasn't hitting the driver as well, so I'm wondering if the shaft isn't as good of a fit right now. I'd love to hear more about a Kai'li to Miyazaki Blue comparison, but that's for another thread.

Also, for comparison, Cleveland Golf has taken a ton of different shafts and assigned International Flex Codes to those shafts by putting them in a TL310 head. The entire link is here: http://www.clevelandgolf.com/pdfs/Cleveland_Golf_Srixon_Custom_Catalog_Spring_2011.pdf

The Indigo shaft in stiff flex is 5555, as has been described. Miyazaki Blue in stiff is 5544, Black in stiff is 3566. Diamana Kai'li 60 in stiff is 5436, Attas T2 in stiff is 6551. Just going off of that, it seems like you may see a little lower launch from everything else compared to the Attas!

That's a great find of the flex code comparisons Amol! Thanks for posting the link.

John Deere Tappin...

That is an awesome find! thank you man.

Skimmed. TC that's a pretty static profile. Same strengths top to bottom. Really want to know how this does for you.

Most interesting thing in the Ary's link is the Flex code on the Motore F3 stiff. The flex code is 5555 just like the Indigo stiff.

While you will see similar flex codes and bend profiles, keep in mind that there is more to a shaft than just that. That can translate to similar ball flight though, so it can assist in matching.

Just received my Taylormade sleeve! I'll be taking both shafts to the shop tomorrow and having them trimmed, sleeve'd, and grip'd. Pretty excited to get these to the driving range.

Just received my Taylormade sleeve! I'll be taking both shafts to the shop tomorrow and having them trimmed, sleeve'd, and grip'd. Pretty excited to get these to the driving range.

I'm excited for you man!!! I can't wait to see how these work out.

Awesome find. Thanks. That's quite an interesting read, and a good starting point when trying to match up a Miyazaki shaft for those of us who don't have the chance to hit them.

Should be a great review considering you've reviewed so many different options to compare it against. I'll really be curious how much it affects your launch and spin.

Looking forward to your thoughts, especially compared to the HDs!

I am really looking forward to this review. The indigo has really gotten me intrigued.

I do believe it's finally time to start some testing!

aefcbdcd-23bf-5013.jpg

Oh snap. I've been wondering about these! Have fun!

Back