What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A cold morning , and then the wind started blowing. None of that was an issue today, tho. I have had sore knees of late and today there was no improvement. I got off to an excellent start, birdie on the opening hole, and followed it with three straight good birdie chances that I couldn't convert. That got me to the island green, my fifth hole, at -1, and I put my 8I on about 20 feet below the hole. The hole was cut in the side of a ridge, and it looked like there was no way to stop a putt near it from my angle without throwing the putt to the top of the ridge and letting it feed down. I aimed 8 feet right, and hit the putt with perfect speed - it rolled up and settled left - and stopped 6 feet above the hole - impossible but it stopped. I breathed on the next putt and it rumbled 8 feet past, and when the comebacker hit a bump I had maybe the third 4 putt of my life and a double bogey. By now the wind was blowing and after a few more pars, the knees just gave out on me. I simply had no lower body to work with the rest of the way and the stream of bogeys showed it. The final count was 82. Now I am concerned about the near future - the knees have been sore, but today were getting useless. I have a feeling the 'scope may be in my approaching future.

43/42 for 85

Turned out to be sunny and 48* which is unreal for this time of year.

Shot a -12, 59 in a scramble today. Waiting to find out if we won. Tough course.

Nice score Wareagle, I was going to ask if you won. Good luck....

A cold morning , and then the wind started blowing. None of that was an issue today, tho. I have had sore knees of late and today there was no improvement. I got off to an excellent start, birdie on the opening hole, and followed it with three straight good birdie chances that I couldn't convert. That got me to the island green, my fifth hole, at -1, and I put my 8I on about 20 feet below the hole. The hole was cut in the side of a ridge, and it looked like there was no way to stop a putt near it from my angle without throwing the putt to the top of the ridge and letting it feed down. I aimed 8 feet right, and hit the putt with perfect speed - it rolled up and settled left - and stopped 6 feet above the hole - impossible but it stopped. I breathed on the next putt and it rumbled 8 feet past, and when the comebacker hit a bump I had maybe the third 4 putt of my life and a double bogey. By now the wind was blowing and after a few more pars, the knees just gave out on me. I simply had no lower body to work with the rest of the way and the stream of bogeys showed it. The final count was 82. Now I am concerned about the near future - the knees have been sore, but today were getting useless. I have a feeling the 'scope may be in my approaching future.

Hang in there S'S, take care of yourself.

Shot a -12, 59 in a scramble today. Waiting to find out if we won. Tough course.

Nice score WE, where you using the FG Tour V2's?

Cold day of golf with setho, yorkem, and chunkylover. Although it was cold and windy we had an awesome day of good golf and a lot of fun. We played mill creek golf course in mebane nc. It was a real fun track. The greens were in excellent shape and the fwys were well taken care of. It was me and yorkem against seth and chunky. Those guys beat is bad 4 & 3. It never mattered....we just had one hell of a good day. Thanks for the fun round guys. Chunky was a putting machine today. Seth was hitting bombs off the tee and yorkems game has taken a complete 180. He is ready to take some people to school...til next time...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Sounds like a fun day One-T, and I agree any day on the course is a good day.

Won the Tournament/scramble by one stroke with the -12, 59.

First tournament I have ever won. Pretty exciting stuff.

Sounds like a blast 1T. Always good to be on the course with good people no matter the temp. So yorkie is not be effed with, huh. Glad to hear a fellow hogan member was hitting bombs and captain was on his game.

Cold day of golf with setho, yorkem, and chunkylover. Although it was cold and windy we had an awesome day of good golf and a lot of fun. We played mill creek golf course in mebane nc. It was a real fun track. The greens were in excellent shape and the fwys were well taken care of. It was me and yorkem against seth and chunky. Those guys beat is bad 4 & 3. It never mattered....we just had one hell of a good day. Thanks for the fun round guys. Chunky was a putting machine today. Seth was hitting bombs off the tee and yorkems game has taken a complete 180. He is ready to take some people to school...til next time...

Any day with THPers is a good day. Glad you guys had fun.

Sweet, what did you get?

Nice W.E. I love scrambles.

Sweet, what did you get?

4 free rounds (for a 4 some) at the course, $200 pro shop gift card. Just about everything went to charity. Sarasota, FL Parkinson's Foundations.

I shot 75 today and loss quite a few bucks!...... I think I am getting too big for my britches:at-wits-end:

Oh Man! 75 is strong. Way to go, didn't win? You are hanging with a tough crowd. My threesome won today with a net +4.

Tough conditions today in north Georgia it was cold, the wind was strong, the greens were super slick and the pin locations were evil. I putted lights out, 32 putts with 2 three putts 78 (37-41).

Oh Man! 75 is strong. Way to go, didn't win? You are hanging with a tough crowd. My threesome won today with a net +4.

Tough conditions today in north Georgia it was cold, the wind was strong, the greens were super slick and the pin locations were evil. I putted lights out, 32 putts with 2 three putts 78 (37-41).
Nice round in tough conditions Lefty, WTG.

Congratulations, that is pretty exciting.

Congrats on the win war.eagle; awesome buddy!

Great round lefty!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Wow, I am jealous! That sounds like so much fun with some great guys. So Chunky is now a putting machine! WTG Chunky. I know that was an area you were struggling with not too long ago. I'm still struggling there.

Congrats on your first win! Great stuff. Now you'll be hooked like me.

Great round Lefty!

I played in a ladies invitational today and our team won 1st in our flight. We shot a 67 (5 birdies, rest pars) on a very tough course in cold and pretty windy conditions. We didn't realize we had done well enough to win until we sat down for our lunch and saw the scoreboard. We each won $100 gift card to PGA Tour Superstore.

picked up a club for the first time in a month and shot an 88. Putting and straight drives made up for my terrible short game and dumb choices.

Congrats on your first win! Great stuff. Now you'll be hooked like me.

Great round Lefty!

I played in a ladies invitational today and our team won 1st in our flight. We shot a 67 (5 birdies, rest pars) on a very tough course in cold and pretty windy conditions. We didn't realize we had done well enough to win until we sat down for our lunch and saw the scoreboard. We each won $100 gift card to PGA Tour Superstore.

Congrats on the win, nice prize too.

Same here, we didn't think we would win with a +4 even with the conditions. Nice surprise. (we play full handicap all balls count) I had to leave before it was over so I will know today how much we won. It won't be much because we only had five groups today but a win is a win.

played 9 holes with 2 balls and was level par with both.was -1 with the 2nd ball but made bogey at the par 5 9th after duffing a pitch shot.

Another 9 holes score of 48 yesterday. About as poor as I can remember playing in a long time. Joined a buddy to watch the Huskers play (win) and then went out for 9 holes, guess whatever jumped on me towards the end of the week still won't let go, but it was nice to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back