Mizuno MP-59 Irons Preview

be sure to try the 69s as well. They are amazing and feel oh so good. I love the look of the 59 more but i hit the 69s better with the short clubs.

These will be headed out to the course this week for some testing both on the range and in play. Looking forward to seeing how these shiny beauties hold up out there.

These are most likely out of my league but looking forward to your thoughts nevertheless.

be sure to try the 69s as well. They are amazing and feel oh so good. I love the look of the 59 more but i hit the 69s better with the short clubs.

Both sets will be reviewed and have their own preview thread as well. Each will get a full review done on the THP Home page.

These are sime snazzy irons. I hit the 6i on a aim the other day. Great feel and weight. They look amazing too! Nice thin top and sole. I was hitting these really well and dead straight. Ball speed of the face was in the 100's, can't recall spin #s. These are gooders. I they pack some forgiveness in there. Really nice sim ball flight.

Can't wait for your feelings on these and the 69s (especially the 69s) JB.

A friend of mine is ready to splash the cash on some 59s so have pointed him the the THP direction for some good honest feedback prior to buying them himself.

Any news on the reviews yet?

Any news on the reviews yet?

It takes 2-4 weeks from the time we get the clubs until we can put up a review. This allows us time to get extensive range and course use out of them so we can give the best and most thorough review possible. So you should expect a review within the next 2 weeks.

Now these irons are really sharp looking and I bet they are a good players set. I am looking forward to hearing how they perform. If they hit as well as they look, you can bet they will be a winner!

I've had the MP-60s for the past 6 years and I love them so much...I struggle sometimes hitting the traditional blade. But I know with my MP-60s I get the forgiveness of a cavity back and the looks of the blade. Somehow Mizuno has outdone themselves with the MP-59s. These are the best looking irons i've ever seen!!! I'm soooo excited to try these out :)

I'd like to see these in person to get an idea of the cavity size. They aren't hollow like a pocket cavity, are they?

I'd like to see these in person to get an idea of the cavity size. They aren't hollow like a pocket cavity, are they?

No, they are not.

I've had the MP-60s for the past 6 years and I love them so much...I struggle sometimes hitting the traditional blade. But I know with my MP-60s I get the forgiveness of a cavity back and the looks of the blade. Somehow Mizuno has outdone themselves with the MP-59s. These are the best looking irons i've ever seen!!! I'm soooo excited to try these out :)

I'm also slowly transitioning from my beloved MP-60s (mostly use them for practice now).

Now and then, I do struggle with the comparatively lack of forgiveness of the MP-60s (distance loss), but the MP-59s just shoots the ball out there with so much confidence. And the feel is amazing on most shots I hit with them...hence much more forgiving.

It's simply hard to believe how forgiving these blade looking beauties are.

But they do tend to fly a bit higher than the MP-60's, and the club does have a bit of a click at impact.
(btw, the Mizuno soft and buttery feel is still there)

Can't wait for the review. I'd love to have something reliable to compare my experience to.
2 weeks is too long! :)

@eaglesgolf72, correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the second MP-60 in your post read MP-59?

I really really like these irons quite a bit. I will also say that in the bag, they look freaking outstanding on a sunny day. I worked with them at the range this week (only got to work with 7-PW) and came away quite impressed. Its a set that offers just about anything someone wants in that game enhancement category. Not overly forgiving, but enough to help good ball strikers when they miss. Very good iron.

Thanks for the update, JB. Can't wait to hit these. Other than being not the most forgiving, is there anything you didn't like about them?

Thanks for the update, JB. Can't wait to hit these. Other than being not the most forgiving, is there anything you didn't like about them?

I prefer stronger lofted clubs, and these are not that, so that would be an issue for me personally, but for many the opposite. The lack of forgiveness vertically across the club face would be an issue for me as I said in the "not the most forgiving" statement as well.

I prefer stronger lofted clubs, and these are not that, so that would be an issue for me personally, but for many the opposite. The lack of forgiveness vertically across the club face would be an issue for me as I said in the "not the most forgiving" statement as well.

I feel much the same way about these irons. One of the best looking irons Ive seen and a little more forgiving then I thought they'd be. But I still require more forgiveness in my irons. Beautiful stick for the consistent ball striker though. Really caught my eye when I saw them in the store.

I feel much the same way about these irons. One of the best looking irons Ive seen and a little more forgiving then I thought they'd be. But I still require more forgiveness in my irons. Beautiful stick for the consistent ball striker though. Really caught my eye when I saw them in the store.

They sure are. Classic good looks with a nice modern twist.

I think they look really good and thanks for the update JB but these don't really offer what I am looking for in an iron. Still for the right player these are some beautiful irons that I'm sure perform really well for the consistent ball striker.

Good reviews guys. I love my Mizuno's and they feel amazing. I hit the 69s better but couldn't resist the look of these so had to make it a combo set. I have a bit of trouble getting the 4 and 5 iron in the air but that is more me than the club. Look amazing, feel amazing, and consistent clubs. Very good off the tee.

I hate to have tunnel vision but this is exactly where I plan on going when my game progresses enough. A lot can change in the 2 years I'm guessing it'll take but I should be able to find a good deal by then.

Mizuno sure make beautiful irons, but I'd be nuts to wrestle with these at this point. The thought of being able to hit these cleanly on a consistent basis is a good motivator for improvement tgtt!

I wish I could game these. They are beautiful irons.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

both the 59 and 69 clubs are AWESOME to look at ! very pleasing to my eye !

I don't believe, at this time, they offer enough GI for me to game :(

Thanks for the vids JB !!!

Mp 59 owners. Thoughts Please

Mp 59 owners. Thoughts Please

Have my Mp59s on order, custom fitted. Nippon 950 shafts.

Interested in peoples comments on hitting this club

Back