Forum Testing Signup - Pre-Release Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

golf_drivers_385x261.jpg

Generic Driver Image & Not Driver Being Tested

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course or driving range).
5 forum members will be chosen to be part of this testing.
We will be selecting testers Sunday night 11/6.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the driver out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the equipment thoroughly. This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a few months. At the end of the testing, the club will be yours to keep. However, failure to fulfill your duties as a tester will resort in the forfeiture of the clubs and you will be required to return the driver to THP so that we can find someone else to finish the testing. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out the forum testing example thread here.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions rather than things like "any".

1. What driver do you currently play?
2. What is your driver swing speed?
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play?
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver?
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Testers
d_in_la
SW
c0ncept
chunkylover77
chewie69

Last edited:
1. I currently play the TaylorMade R11 driver
2. my swing speed is about 95 mph
3. I currently use the stiff fujikura blur shaft on my driver
4. Lately I have been hitting great again but my miss is usually a push. It transcends through my whole bag though, not just on the driver.
5. I am very active on THP, I am on every day seeing what crazy stuff is going on. I also play as much golf as I can, even in the winter months I frequently visit an indoor golf dome and I go to the golf simulator.

Thanks THP and the mystery company for a great opportunity!

Wow! Another great opportunity by THP and an OEM! Thanks for all of these great opportunities!

1. What driver do you currently play? I currently play the TaylorMade Superfast, stiff flex, 10.5*

2. What is your driver swing speed?Swing speed is between 100-105

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Currently play the stock Superfast shaft, stiff flex

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Main miss with my current driver is a vicious slice or a high push right. I am looking for a driver that offers good forgiveness, while not sacrificing distance from the tee. Something that I can keep under control and in the fairway!

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Activity level on THP, I am on the forums daily, as well as active on Twitter and Facebook. Testing process would be to test the driver out on the course and range as often as possible; which for me is typically 2 rounds per week and a practice session out on the range at least once per week. Best way to test is to game it, and that's what I will plan on doing.

Once again, a big thank you to THP and the OEM providing the drivers, this will be an exciting opportunity for 5 people, and I look forward to following along!

This is the best! Thank you THP and mystery company for this great opportunity.

1. What driver do you currently play? Callaway Razr Hawk Tour
2. What is your driver swing speed? 100-105
ALDILA RIP Tour 60
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? I tend to hit it on the upper toe part of the sweet spot. I like the way the Razr Hawk has forgiveness in this park of the face. I can miss there and still get good results.
I plan on putting this new driver through the ranks. I plan on spending some time with it at the range first to get it dialed in. I plan to get to the course weekly to get some on the course action. I will write some detailed reviews, answer all questions and provide some video feedback too. I spend everyday on THP and love to talk about golf. Thanks so much for a great testing opportunity.

Last edited:
1. What driver do you currently play? I play the Taylormade R11
106-110 from what I've seen in fittings
I currently have a Blur TP in an X flex in my driver, but may be upgrading that to a RIP Alpha in either stiff or X flex depending on fitting.
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver?
My main miss is an overdraw or worse, a snap hook. Blocks and such have been known to happen, normally from fear of snap hooking it. I want a driver in all honesty that gives me roll out of more than a few yards after it lands. I'm tired of hitting it 250-255 and it landing and sputtering out a few yards.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Board activity is high, on here multiple multiple times a day. Testing process includes a lot of pictures, video, comparison to other drivers, etc. I'll hit it in various conditions with attempts to hit it a multitude of trajectories and shapes. No promises on pulling off some shots though.
pull

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade Tour Burner
2. What is your driver swing speed? 102
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Stiff Flex, Fujikura REAX Taylormade shaft
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? When I get tired or my swing gets a little loose, my miss is a high fade.
I am in GA, so I will be able to test the driver at the range a couple times a week, as
well as at least two 9 hole rounds per week. I will update the forums with Video of the club as well as me using it, and updates after each session. My activity level is reasonably active, given my schedule, and I post when I have something to contribute.

1. What driver do you currently play? TaylorMade Superfast-10.5*
2. What is your driver swing speed? 98MPH average
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Stock shaft in stiff flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Main miss now is slice, used to be a dead pull left. New grip and swing is starting to work. I want as much forgiveness as I can get with distance but most importantly is I want to feel comfortable with it in my hand.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing would be a good bit of range time and as many rounds as I can get in. My clubs tee's requires me to hit driver off of most the holes. I will also test the driver with the 2 different balls I keep playing to see what is best with driver. As for activity level I am on THP every day. I check out what happend the night before in the very early morning at work. I than see what kind if banter is going on via Tapatalk in early afternoon. I get home and check again and thats when I can really read and reply.

Thanks again THP for the opportunity to test various golf related items!

1. R11
2. Right around 100.
3. Matrix xcon 5, R flex.
4. A strong high fade.
5. I'm an active reader and poster. Due to my location I can't get to a range daily, however I play at least once a week. My testing will be multi-faceted with on course work, range time, and launch monitor data. I will also use video post when suitable to supplement my review.

Thank you thp and mystery company.

I play a Callaway Diablo Octane 10.5*

I swing it at about 108MPH.

I play a stiff flex Matrix Radix HD6 shaft.

My misses are either off the toe of the club, or a slice. In my next driver, I am looking for something that will provide a strong ball flight off of on-center hits as right now my ball flight is rather weak. I also would love something forgiving as I don't hit the center of the face all of the time. :D

I would take this driver both out on the course and on the range multiple times per week. I play 9 hole rounds at least 3 times per week, and go to the range at least once or twice. I would update this thread after every time out with written updates, pictures, and videos. I would also update Facebook and Twitter periodically. I would assess all areas of this driver's performance, and I would do my best to answer questions asked by everyone. My activity level on THP is very high as I am here for most of the day every day, and I post frequently.

Thanks a ton to THP and the mystery company for this awesome testing opportunity! Good luck to all who enter!

Last edited:

1. What driver do you currently play? Ping G20 10.5*
2. What is your driver swing speed? 95-100
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Ping standard offering stiff shaft
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My miss has been right but have straightened it back with some instruction. I still lose one now and again. For my next driver I like distance and forgiveness. Need all the help with both of those things that I can get.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm a multiple times weekly range guy. Try to play most weekends. Would be able to test on course and off. Play with a good group of guys that could offer feedback as well. Could compare against current equipment as well.

I've been active in the forum in the last few months posting and try to learn about the group of guys here. I follow on Facebook and Twitter as well. Would love to be able to bring more to the forum, like I have seen so many others do.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Very cool, thanks to the mystery company and THP!

1. What driver do you currently play? Williams
2. What is your driver swing speed? 96 to 98 mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Regular
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Slice. Looking to bring my flight down to more of a mid trajectory.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Very active on THP, Twitter and Facebook. I try to incorporate all of that in the testing process along with constent write-ups, plenty of pictures and video. The course I play gives me full access to the range or spots on the course to set up and demonstrate what I need to test and product.

1. What driver do you currently play? Nike VR Pro Tour Str8-Fit
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105-109
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Project X Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Certainly slice right. I'm looking for feel more than anything.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I currently spend 2 nights a week on the practice range (one of those is a Driver only night) and no less than 1 round a week on course. I've tried to be as involved in any testing I've done and be available to answer or lookup answers as needed.

Thanks to THP and the mystery driver company!

1. What driver do you currently play? Cleveland Launcher 12*

2. What is your driver swing speed? 90-95 mph on launch monitor two years ago.

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Ultralite 40 gram graphite.

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Usually right. But I am in the middle of a change that is seeing me hit a lot of dead left pulls. I'm thinking it's almost time to go to a 10.5* driver and a lower launching shaft.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? This one would have a lot of video of range sessions mainly, at his time of year. I hope to get to the course, but I would guess that most testing will be at the range. Text of course, but this one will probably be video heavy. I am on THP daily and partcipate in every subforum on the site.

Thanks to THP and ??? company to see some reviews on another product!!

1. What driver do you currently play? Srixon Z-Star 9*
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Dromos Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Fade/Slice miss. Looking for consistency, distance and forgiveness.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing process will include on course testing until the end of the season (another 4-6 weeks) as well as local driving range. After courses close, I go to a heated bay range and indoor simulator's on a regular basis (couple times / week) I will report back my honest observations and compare to my previous drivers (nike sq, srixon zstar and TM burner). THP activity level is a daily reader and poster. I have not tested anything yet but avidly read other's tests and visit the forum daily.

Wow, another great opportunity from THP! If it weren't getting cold I would throw my hat into the ring for this, but, I do not think I could do the test justice for the next few months, so I will not attempt it. Good luck to the selected testers, and I look forward to seeing what the driver is.

This is a fantastic contest! Thank you THP for setting this up.

Here is my humble entry:

1. What driver do you currently play? Cleveland Launcher 400cc. I bought this driver a few years ago on the used bargain rack for $50, and it has been the best $50 I have spent on my game.

2. What is your driver swing speed? 110+

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? I play a Fujikura shaft (don't know model offhand) that is stiff and set up for a lower ball flight. I hit the ball pretty high off the tee, and I was looking for something to avoid "moon" shots that are easily affected by wind. My current driver has a lower, more boring ball flight that does not get affected by the wind. I've really enjoyed playing with it.

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My typical miss is when I come out of the shot and hit a pretty bad fade. My preferred drive fades about 5 yards. When I come out of the shot, though, it becomes a 20+ yard slice. An adjustable club may help, but I have not yet tried one. I would also prefer to keep a lower ball flight.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I would take the driver(s) out on the range first to see how they feel and to get a sense of their distance and accuracy. I would try to hit some balls off of the toe and heel to determine the flight after a miss-hit. I would also try to work the ball (both in direction and trajectory) to see how easy the driver is to control. Then, I would try to play a round or two with the driver to see how it performs when I really need it to. (I also find that clubs feel completely different with range balls than a conventional ball.)

As far as my activity level, I'm obviously new to the site, but I have really enjoyed THP. I do not post a lot, but I pretty much visit the site daily to read course reviews and club reviews. It's really cool to see people from all over coming to one place for golf, and I am especially interested to see people from my area (Georgia) using the site to get together and play. I am hoping to get more involved with that over the coming months.

Again, this is a really great idea. Thanks for setting this up.

Driver! Thanks THP and [Insert driver manufacturer here]!

Driver! Thanks THP and [Insert driver manufacturer here]!

Another great forum testing, thanks :thp: and unknown driver manufacturer!

I currently play a TaylorMade R9 SuperTri, 10.5 degree, regular flex. I think I need to switch to a stiff flex, will probably be getting a fitting soon.

Unknown. This will be measured hopefully when I get my fitting, or if some nice store or what not will measure for me.

Shaft is currently a Fujikura Motore 60g, regular flex. Will be getting a fitting soon to determine best shaft/flex option for me.

Main driver miss is a wicked slice. I'd like a forgiving driver which will give me a solid ball flight and a very SWEET sound on contact. Also something that looks sweet!

I would be hitting the range a minimum of 1-2 times a week, sometimes more. Course as often as possible. I'd like to compare the feel and sound of the driver to what I'm used to playing, as well the look! This would involve many balls hit on the range and use at a few different courses. There would be pictures and video concerning my findings, thoughts, comments, and just flat out use. I'm pretty active here at THP, though on the newer side. I post a few times a day most days and doubt I go a day without spending hours on here reading unless I'm out of town.

1. What driver do you currently play? Cleveland SL290 10.5*
2. What is your driver swing speed? 80ish
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Miyazaki c.kua 43g regular flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? I would say I miss more often with a pull. Yesterday I hit straight or with a draw all day. Some days I have a fade which I hate because I lose distance. I want a driver that keeps me in the fairway and gives me a good roll out. I tend to have high spin with my drives which makes my ball go high and carry well but not roll out. Being fitted to the Cleveland helped in that respect because it brought my spin rate down to about 2900-3000 which is low for me compared with other drivers.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm on THP every day and am currently testing the Adams a12 OS irons. I've also participated in many ball testings and the Sure Putt testing. I work PT at a golf course and play several times a week. I love to take pics and videos and have really enjoyed doing reviews.

This could be really fun playing a mystery driver! Thanks to THP and Mystery Company for a great opportunity to put this product to the test.

Titliest 910 D2

Swing speed is approximately 96 mph on average

Diamana Kai'li in Regular 65 gram

Duck or pull hook. Any driver with the capability of having a square or slightly opened face

I would be able to put this driver into play often as I play a minimum of four days per week year round. I post daily on THP and enjoy the equipment threads where info is shared and testing is ongoing. I have experience in testing various products over the years and look forward to using my experience, to give the public my honest opinion on a new product.

TM R11
Approx 110
Stiff Flex - Blurr and Whiteboard interchanged from time to time
My main miss is a hook or big draw. I am pretty set on my driver right now but I would be looking for innovation in my next driver. Basically something that will help me improve my game off the tee and help me to lower my handicap. Accuracy is what I am working on now and that would be my main focus in thinking of purchasing a new driver
My testing process is simple, when I am in the market to buy a club I research it first to find out what the manufacturer is claiming and usually refer to the THP forum for actual reviews from players. Then I test it myself, usually on an indoor range then a simulator. My plan would be to include as much information as possible to spread the word about the product, pictures of the un-boxing, video of swinging, contact and ball flight (they just opened a heated outdoor driving range by me so I can do this in the cold), multiple sessions on the range and hopefully some on course feedback as well, weather permitting. If not, I do practice on the range as if I am playing a round of golf. I have given reviews in the past on equipment I have purchased that I believe were helpful to members and think that I can continue to do this with future products.

Thanks for the chance to help out the forum!

Another great THP testing!

1. What driver do you currently play? Titleist 910D2 9.5*
2. What is your driver swing speed? 103
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Aldila RIP 60 X-Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My main miss is a push-slice. I am looking for control and consistency in my driver.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I would test each weekend during my rounds of golf and also before and after on the driving range as I can. I would review each session with the driver and give the pros and cons of it. I am on THP forums virtually everyday and post when I feel I can contribute something to the topic.

This is a fantastic contest! Thank you THP for setting this up.
Here is my humble entry:

Umm,this isn't a contest. This is an actual testing.

1. What driver do you currently play? R9 SuperTri 10.5
95mph
Miyazaki C.Kua 59 S-Flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? I hit a fade off the tee so when I miss I miss right. I would love to have something that was straighter or could counteract my side spin. Lately I have seen more misses off the tee and would try anything to fix it.
I play a multiple times a week and/or go to the range. I havent been as active as I want to on THP lately because I have been keeping myself busy with school, work and practice but I have tapatalk back on my phone and I plan on spending more time on THP now that things are starting to calm down. I have my phone all the time at the course so I would be able to take pictures/videos on the course and the range as well as get thoughts from my playing partners.

Thanks for the opportunity THP (and unknown company) Excited to see a new driver review coming up.

Thanks again THP for this great testing opportunity!!!!!! THP continues to amaze!

1. What driver do you currently play? Currently, I play the PING K15 driver
2. What is your driver swing speed? Driver swing speed is 110-112
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Aldila RIP alpha 60g stiff shaft
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My miss is to the right, fade into a slice. I am looking for similar forgiveness and something that helps take the right side out of play. I doesn't have to be a draw driver, just something I can control and focus on keeping in play.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? If chosen I would go to the range as frequently as possible. There is a range with a heated covered bay that is open 90% of the winter. I would try to get to the cape to play once in a while if possible. I would update THP as frequently as possible and Twitter with my range sessions when the range time was available. I will continue to post as frequently as possible. I wouldn't be the best choice because of the weather where I live this time of year, but I couldn't resist signing up for another great testing opportunity!

Thanks again THP and mystery pre- release driver company!!!!!

Nike Machspeed Black SQ 9.5*
106-108
Stock Fubuki Stiff
Main miss is fat on the heel. If I find a driver that works as well as the Nike, but gives me a bit more distance. A better sounding driver would not be a bad thing either... I get a lot of looks.

I spend a lot of time at the driving range, and I play a couple rounds a month. I have been doing a lot of reading, but have not had a lot to contribute lately, but I am on the forum a few times a day trying to keep up with all the new posts.

Back