Steve Williams is at it again! Hes just digging himself a hole!

I agree, Steve is bitter and should learn to take the high road like Tiger does. Sure, they asked him the question, but he can still have some class and stop beating the poor dead horse.

I agree, Steve is bitter and should learn to take the high road like Tiger does. Sure, they asked him the question, but he can still have some class and stop beating the poor dead horse.

I would hardly call Tiger Woods the poor dead horse and Im not sure what you mean by taking the high road? What should he have done or said here? I mean he was asked a question and gave an honest answer that does not say anything negative about anybody.

If he had said "no comment", people would be upset that he was dodging a question or making a "snide remark" by saying no comment. He is in a situation that he cannot win at this point now matter how he answers because some fans are looking for the negative no matter what.

I would hardly call Tiger Woods the poor dead horse and Im not sure what you mean by taking the high road? What should he have done or said here? I mean he was asked a question and gave an honest answer that does not say anything negative about anybody.

If he had said "no comment", people would be upset that he was dodging a question or making a "snide remark" by saying no comment. He is in a situation that he cannot win at this point now matter how he answers because some fans are looking for the negative no matter what.

+1,000,000

Precisely my thoughts, people would have gone after him just the same for saying no comment, instead he spoke calmly, honestly, and intelligently about his thoughts.

I honestly doubt that everyone would jump all over him for saying "no comment". I think thoughts like "refreshing" "finally" and "that's more like it" would be the reaction of many as opposed to criticizing him. In the end, he is only a celebrity and news worthy if he is talking about Tiger and I somehow feel that he doesn't want to let that go quite yet.

I'm at the point where Steve Williams is about as newsworthy as reporting moss growing on the north side of the tree. He's a good caddie... just shhh and keep up.

Alex

I honestly doubt that everyone would jump all over him for saying "no comment". I think thoughts like "refreshing" "finally" and "that's more like it" would be the reaction of many as opposed to criticizing him. In the end, he is only a celebrity and news worthy if he is talking about Tiger and I somehow feel that he doesn't want to let that go quite yet.

No offense, but not a chance. If you read some of the stuff over the past 3 months, you would know that if he answers ANY question with "No Comment", he would get crucified. Things like "If he didnt have a grudge, he would have answered honestly" or "No comment is a snide remark because he is bitter". The fans are looking for anything to grasp at to have a villian, because TW has always been the hero up until the last two years and for many that went away.

He was asked a media question. He answered it honestly without a single thing negative towards anybody. Asking someone to not be honest or to shy away from things is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion.

Skim alert: I wonder if Stevie is just an attention ***** and he always got it being with tiger, and now not so much being with Adam.

No offense, but not a chance. If you read some of the stuff over the past 3 months, you would know that if he answers ANY question with "No Comment", he would get crucified. Things like "If he didnt have a grudge, he would have answered honestly" or "No comment is a snide remark because he is bitter". The fans are looking for anything to grasp at to have a villian, because TW has always been the hero up until the last two years and for many that went away.

He was asked a media question. He answered it honestly without a single thing negative towards anybody. Asking someone to not be honest or to shy away from things is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion.

So you think that SW honestly felt that, before the big reveal of Tiger being a cheater (and everyone expecting him at that point to blow through the records), he should have dumped TW? Come on, no way. That is him being bitter, not being honest and intelligent.

So you think that SW honestly felt that, before the big reveal of Tiger being a cheater (and everyone expecting him at that point to blow through the records), he should have dumped TW? Come on, no way. That is him being bitter, not being honest and intelligent.

Where did I say that? What I said was that he gave an honest answer. You cant know what was in his mind nor could I. How do you know he was not sick and tired of "covering" for someone? Or that he just wanted a change? Or that he didnt? None of us know. The truth is (and the only truth we know), he was asked a question and gave for all intents and purposes an honest answer not saying anything negative about a single person. Yet the fans, those same fans that defended his despicable actions when he was doing it for "their boy" now find him so flawed.

Its downright ridiculous the defense and then burying of a guy that has not changed. Did he say some things previously he shouldnt have? I think so. But this is not one of them. You want to know the best part of all of this?

The thought that "THE ONLY THING I CARE ABOUT IS WHAT SOMEONE DOES ON THE GOLF COURSE"

I find that part incredibly funny throughout all of this and it goes to show how "interesting" that statement really is.

I'm getting tired of both SW and Tw! They both shouldn't get so much press because they are old news. Time for the young guns to shine!

if you mean clinger in that he stuck by his boss due to loyalty and big checks (until recently) then yeah. otherwise I think you're way off. if that was the case he'd be so distraught over Tiger dumping him he wouldn't be working for AS and would be sitting in his office in front of a Tiger shrine with candles going. The ones that smell like Perkins pancakes I'd imagine

Stevie=stage 5 clinger

Here's the full interview in two parts. It isn't bitter, well, a little, but a pretty balanced perspective from a guy who was (IMHO) clearly hurt by the way it all played out and the dissolution of their friendship. It is also noted that the interview was before the "arse" comments, so contextually I give this a big ole "meh."

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Steve-Williams-Wish-I-d-left-Tiger-before-scand?urn=golf-wp6859

For both Tiger and Steve, I like to believe there is a little Karma here, payback for misdeeds and poor behavior. And I'm actually ok if they paths they choose are being a philanderer and a kind of a jerk. I would rather have the truth than some packaged lie.

Stevie knows what he is doing. He is going to continue down this path. Why? Who knows?

I don't get why everyone is so angry? What did he say that was so wrong there?

I dont see that he said anything wrong at all. He just said he wished he hadve gone out on a positive note.
I didn't see anything wrong with this either.

Save for a few, I see that the people who are upset about this are Eldrick fans.

I am by no means a fan of SW, but what the heck are we getting so twisted about??? The guy answered a freaking question, he didn't call a press conference to publicly denounce Tiger. My lord, this goes back to what JB and I were talking about in the latest John Daly thread, people just WANT to hate the guy.

No matter what Stevie says people will jump down his throat. He could say the nicest, most sincere thing ever to TW and people would criticize him. This will happen for a while. Hopefully he will retire soon for our sake. I'm sick of hearing about this stuff. It annoys me.

Let it go man, let it go man! Geesh. You've made millions cuz of Tiger!! Just move one.

Somewhere and somehow he needs to remember he is just a caddy!

Scott & woods in the same group day 1!

I don't think there is any issue here at all. All he is saying is that if he had his time again he would have left sooner. He didn't degrade Tiger at all. The only 'negative' thing about Tiger in there is that Tiger played infrequently due to injury and poor form which is 100% true. Infact he even said "we certainly didn't click like we used to". He never said it was because of Tiger, by saying 'we' it implies to me that he doesn't necessarily blame Tiger for their falling out. People have arguments every day and I'm sure in this instance both have played their parts but from all the non-provocing interviews I've read these last couple of weeks it seems that they are both over it and just want to get on with their golf.

Lets get some perspective here...SW starts with a rant about TW when AS won that tournament. He follows that up with racist remarks about TW, and now this. Maybe he did waste 2 years of his life but he also enjoyed a lot of success because of TW for a period much longer than the 2 years he is moaning about.

In all this SW has exposed his lack of class. His racist remarks have no place in golf and it reflects badly on the sport that he has not been punished. He might not be racist but his racist remarks are offensive to all people of color, and such language deserves punishment. People like SW attract negative attention that golf does not need. Its also starting to reflect badly on AS that he is sticking with SW despite all this.

Doesn't matter how he answers a question, he'll be the Captain Hook to Tiger's Peter Pan for a lot of people for a long time.

I'm no fan, but this one shouldn't even be news. It has been said before. Maybe SW does need to try to divert everything towards talking about AS for a while though.

Doesn't matter how he answers a question, he'll be the Captain Hook to Tiger's Peter Pan for a lot of people for a long time.

I'm no fan, but this one shouldn't even be news. It has been said before. Maybe SW does need to try to divert everything towards talking about AS for a while though.

Agreed. Its like people so quickly forget what this guy was like for the last decade or so.

Dang I thought you all were talking about our SW for a minute :angry:. Coffee kicked in and I figured it out :D.

Yea Stevie should leave it alone or get out of golf because it's not cool for sure!

Dang I thought you all were talking about our SW for a minute :angry:. Coffee kicked in and I figured it out :D.

Yea Stevie should leave it alone or get out of golf because it's not cool for sure!

I agree with ya Gray, he's getting out of hand again. It's funny how he got so many passes while he was on Tigers bag, Tiger always seemed to overshadow alot of his antics, especially the camera episodes.

I took it as a "hindsight is 20/20-type" comment. I think he's saying had I known this was going to happen in his personal life, and had I known that his game would drop off so significantly as a result, and had I known I wouldn't be getting paid nearly what I was for the previous years, and had I known that I was going to be strung along for 2 yrs while Tiger figured out his personal life, knowing almost all along that he didn't want me back, then "yes", I would have left in '09. I don't think in "this" instance, it was all that egregious.

I agree his antics are getting stale... we get it, you don't like Tiger and you think he screwed you. But move on already...

Back