Waldorf Astoria Orlando

biggsy

Reaction score
Has anyone played the course? What are your thoughts on it?

Great course. They had some major trouble with their greens a few months back, but I believe that is behind them. It is long and difficult, so have your A game for sure. From the back it is well over 7000 yards and is ridiculously hard. I dont remember the yardage from where we played, but it was not that one.

Thanks for the heads up. Playing in a tournament there on Sunday before the Tavistock Cup.

I played here on a crisp day in 2010. Staff was amazingly professional and the facility was top notch. I can't say anything bad about the entire experience. Headed back soon!

It's a great track and as jb said, it's plenty long and you have to think your way around the course. On my list it's One of the best in Orlando.

Played twice in October of '10. Staff, course, facilities, beer girl, were all awesome. But, by all means, hit it straight.

One of my favorite courses in the area. Played it numerous times with my friend Scott there. Not only do you have to hit it straight, don't be long on approaches either or its a penalty almost every time.

In my top 3 fav in Orlando for sure.

I want to live in Orlando someday, there are more great golf courses than you can shake a fist at. Plus you get to play year round

Played this with Spanks earlier this year and must say it is an awesome course. One hole was especially brutal for me which was #15. It kicked my butt. It is a 357 yard par 4. One day I shall have my revenge. The tee are: Black 7108; Blue 6657; White 6301; Green 5998; Silver 5179. I just happened to have my yardage book nearby. We played the whites and they were plenty challenging for me. So far it is my top course in Orlando.

TapAhoy!

I am thinking of playing on Father's Day. However... the greens will have been punched earlier in the week. When I called to make the tee-time and let the Pro know the timing was awful (punched greens when there will be lots of Dad's wanting to play on the weekend), he was not happy at all. But the schedule is locked and loaded, so they can't push out a week. I was offered a 25% discount, so about $60 to play.

Anyway, would you play with recently punched greens? I am thinking yes, since I probably won't be able to play there for awhile, but wondering what you all think who have played in the past.

Thanks!

Personally? No. If it were a course that was too good to pass up maybe, but you are going to an area that has no shortage of great golf courses.

Personally? No. If it were a course that was too good to pass up maybe, but you are going to an area that has no shortage of great golf courses.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I've played Championsgate, OCN, and Southern Dunes many times, so would like to avoid those. What's the first course or two (not one of the Disney courses) you would recommend that immediately comes to mind?

Thanks for the quick feedback. I've played Championsgate, OCN, and Southern Dunes many times, so would like to avoid those. What's the first course or two (not one of the Disney courses) you would recommend that immediately comes to mind?

Grand Cypress new course. A lot of fun.

Hawks Landing. Affordable and also a lot of fun

Grand Cypress new course. A lot of fun.

Hawks Landing. Affordable and also a lot of fun

I did play Grand Cypress last year at the Central Florida Outing. Loved it, but figure I would play something new to me if I can (although I will keep this in mind). I have never played Hawk's Landing, so I will look into it.

I was thinking of Sugarloaf Mountain, but just google mapped it to 1 hour from the Hotel, too far I think.

OCN is in great shaped played couple weeks ago. Bella Collina is an interesting track to play. I'd play there before sugarloaf.

It may also be too far, but Bella Colina is worth considering. It's not resort golf by any means, and it is very challenging but it has been in great shape and is alot of fun.

I like Hawk's Landing, its a pretty fun course. Reunion and Mystic Dunes are two more options in that area, I haven't played either.

Play falcons fire. They just punched the greens this past week. Should be ready to go at your timeframe. I might be playing there next week so if I go I'll let you know. Also check mystic dunes.

OCN is in great shaped played couple weeks ago. Bella Collina is an interesting track to play. I'd play there before sugarloaf.
Thanks - you just saved me some serious searching time - Bella Collina is the course I was just racking my brain trying to remember! My friends played there a few months ago and really liked it. I will see if their greens will be punched or not.

How about any of the Reunion courses? I played 9 on the Nicklaus course a few years back and liked it. Would you recommend any of those courses?

Also, any interest in trying to set up (I will help coordinate) a summer time Central Florida Outing, Part Trey???

Can you play at Reunion without staying? I like the Watson course there, much nicer than the Nicklaus course IMO. If not, I would risk the punched greens at the Waldorf, it's a really nice course. Failing that, I think Celebration is also a nice course.

Thanks - you just saved me some serious searching time - Bella Collina is the course I was just racking my brain trying to remember! My friends played there a few months ago and really liked it. I will see if their greens will be punched or not.

How about any of the Reunion courses? I played 9 on the Nicklaus course a few years back and liked it. Would you recommend any of those courses?

Also, any interest in trying to set up (I will help coordinate) a summer time Central Florida Outing, Part Trey???

Haha, I just realized who was asking these questions. I assumed it was an out of towner.

I am absolutely in for another outing.

Can you play at Reunion without staying? I like the Watson course there. If not, I would risk the punched greens at the Waldorf, it's a really nice course. Failing that, I think Celebration is a nice course.

I just called, and you need to be staying on property to play at Reunion. And Bella Collina is punching the greens the Tuesday before, so that too is out.

Back to square one right now. Waldorf with punched greens (bonus is convenient to where I am staying). Celebration, Hawk's Landing, and Falcon's Fire are all possibilities.

Does anyone want to play early on Father's Day at one of these courses? I am shooting for a 7:45ish tee-time.

Thanks

Haha, I just realized who was asking these questions. I assumed it was an out of towner.

I am absolutely in for another outing.

OK, cool - I'll start another thread on this later this evening.

Play falcons fire. They just punched the greens this past week. Should be ready to go at your timeframe. I might be playing there next week so if I go I'll let you know. Also check mystic dunes.

Thanks - I've heard good things about Falcon's Fire over the years, and have never played. Definitely let me know your thoughts when you play next week.

The only other place I can think of is the Ritz-Carlton, but that might also be stay and play only.

Another option to consider is Grande Pines.

Back