The Sandwich Thread

For me nothing beats a good fried egg and ham sandwich

Peanut butter and fluff sandwich are oh so good. But my fav. Is a pastrami/corn beef with spicy mustard on rye

Oh, man, I've been known to make some sandwiches.

My three cheese grilled cheese kills. You buy the large sour dough loaf at Panera, but have them slice it the long way so you have pieces of bread about a foot long. You could use any three cheeses, but I usually go with pepper jack, white cheddar and a colby. You want to get fancy go with white cheddar goat, gouda, or the like. But my daughter would never eat that. Butter up the outside of two slices. Put two of the cheeses against one slice, then slices of tomato, then bacon, ham, turkey, or whatever, then the third cheese. You'll probably need to cut it in half because it's so long, but I have a huge carbon steel skillet. Medium heat on each buttered side until brown and crispy. Put the cover of a big pan over it while grilling each side to assure even melting and maximum gooeyness. When done, salt and pepper the outside of the bread with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.

Panera sour dough is tops for grilling.

I also like an Italian sandwich on this huge Turano bread from Chicago that is sold here in a couple grocery stores. Salami, pepperoni, mortadella, cappacola, this soft Asiago cheese I get at the Italian deli, lettuce, tomato, roasted red peppers, muffaletta spread, and hot giardinera. Sprinkle with pepper and Penzey's Tuscan Sunset seasoning, and drizzle with a Mediterranean flavored extra virgin olive oil. My wife likes hers with a oil and vinegar dressing.

The deli women at the specialty grocery store near me always laugh when I start buying all the stuff. "Making some big sandwiches?"

Kevin

Esox is the king of sandwich heaven!

I thought Thainer's favourite sandwich was the one with the soft fried egg in it. Eaten into the 40mph wind. All the ingredients come together to make sure everyone knows you enjoyed it! :D

I'm a peanut butter junkie and try most of the time to eat well. So peanut butter and banana is always a good one for me. But, to speed things up use a hot dog bun. Lather on the peanut butter, break off enough banana to fill the bun. Wash down with ice cold milk. enjoy

so so hungry now

I love sammich's!!!

I love intricate sammich's and I love simple sammich's. I love going to the butcher and getting some thinly sliced prime rib to make some homemade french dips. I love sauteed vegetables on sammich's and my favorite spread might be a good old horseradish sauce.

However, I like simple sammich's too. Fried bologna sammich, a grilled cheese, or even a tomato sammich w/ Duke's mayo!!!

I love sammich's!!!

I love intricate sammich's and I love simple sammich's. I love going to the butcher and getting some thinly sliced prime rib to make some homemade french dips. I love sauteed vegetables on sammich's and my favorite spread might be a good old horseradish sauce.

However, I like simple sammich's too. Fried bologna sammich, a grilled cheese, or even a tomato sammich w/ Duke's mayo!!!
I really felt this thread should have been left open until you had a chance to respond! :D

I'm pretty sick of sandwiches. I've had just about all the sandwiches I ever want to eat in my, your, and most of the people you know's lifetime.

Except Peanut Butter & Jelly. Lived on them through college, can live on them forever.

A nice bacon sandwich is always always good. I also like Reuben without the 1000 Island. Can't really beat a good Italian Beef.

I love sammich's!!!

My favorite all time! Loaded up with Miracle Whip dripping on my shirt, yummy!

A nice bacon sandwich is always always good. I also like Reuben without the 1000 Island. Can't really beat a good Italian Beef.

Italian beef just made my mouth water! Got to find one before I get on the plane.

I make it at home sometimes in the crockpot. Yum.

I love a good Rueben, but give me yellow mustard rather than 1000 island.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotta go with the Turkey Rueben, but with cole slaw instead of sauerkraut. I don't do sauerkrat.

I love a good Rueben, but give me yellow mustard rather than 1000 island.

True story: I was a chef for about 10 years in my previous life. I had just made a few gallons of 1000 Island, which may be the nastiest salad dressing ever invented. I proceded to drop the container and it covered me. I was dry heaving and basically wanted to suicide myself on the spot.

True story: I was a chef for about 10 years in my previous life. I had just made a few gallons of 1000 Island, which may be the nastiest salad dressing ever invented. I proceded to drop the container and it covered me. I was dry heaving and basically wanted to suicide myself on the spot.

I would vomit. That's disgusting.

I love thousand island. Sorry Hawk. Man up.

It's horrible dude. Mayo, pickles and ketchup have no business meeting each other in a blender. Blech!

It's horrible dude. Mayo, pickles and ketchup have no business meeting each other in a blender. Blech!

You are entering chosen1 territory for me. Proceed with caution.

That's tartar sauce, which is also nasty. I'm biased against mayo.

I cleaned, smelled, and touched some disgusting things in kitchens, but I never got over my dislike of those two things.

Well, I did hit my 7 iron 202 yards the other day!

I cleaned, smelled, and touched some disgusting things in kitchens, but I never got over my dislike of those two things.
Having worked in a number of kitchens, the one thing I always hate was Mayo. Still hate it.

You cannot eat a sammich without mayo. That's a simple rule for me. Anyone who can, clearly isn't a sammich fan.

You cannot eat a sammich without mayo. That's a simple rule for me. Anyone who can, clearly isn't a sammich fan.
Everything can be good in moderation.

Ah you genious! I love tartar sauce. One think I cant do is shrimp cocktail. And I cant touch ketchup, or salsa. I can eat the latter two, but if it touches me, someone will die.

Back