Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Keegan Bradley shared some thoughts on the Classic driver on CG's blog

http://blog.clevelandgolf.com/?p=1534#comments

The one thing that sort of stuck out to me was him mentioning the gold portion of the face causing him to focus on the sweetspot.

Hehe..Skimmer! :D Posted that a few days ago...but yes, I thought it was interesting that the gold was what he focused on....perhaps that might help people get in the groove and hit the center of the clubface more consistently.

Doh!

It's definitely interesting to think about.

Doh!

It's definitely interesting to think about.

I just want to hit the darn thing so badly! It's really the only driver that I'm pondering ATM.

I just want to hit the darn thing so badly! It's really the only driver that I'm pondering ATM.

Same here dude. Hopefully it will show up in the stores soon. I'm getting tired of waiting!

Same here dude. Hopefully it will show up in the stores soon. I'm getting tired of waiting!

I am impressed with the whole Cleveland line but after reading this thread for a while the Classic is on my radar. I would say out of every club in my bag driver is my weak spot and this one really does impress me, I cant wait to try it out.

The more I use this, the more I fall in love with it. 10 out of 14 fairways today and I was quite long for most of the day. I am getting consistent results and can play the ball left, right or straight with little issues at all.

The more I use this, the more I fall in love with it. 10 out of 14 fairways today and I was quite long for most of the day. I am getting consistent results and can play the ball left, right or straight with little issues at all.

The more I hear about this guy the more intrigued I am. Great to hear you're still getting good results.

I definitely want to give the Classic a shot, although I am deeply deeply fond of the CG Black I'm testing.

I'm really hoping we see this driver over here. I'd love to give it a go.

I'm really hoping we see this driver over here. I'd love to give it a go.

I'm hoping to get to hit one soon as well. I'm actually on an email list so Cleveland can notify me of demo days near me. It's really an enigma to me right now.

I already love the look of it and you are getting good results with it I can't wait to try one of these!

JB - any idea how much (if any) this driver changed your launch angle compared to the Black?

JB - any idea how much (if any) this driver changed your launch angle compared to the Black?

It is lower by a good 2-3 degrees I would say.

Very nice. Thanks!

I ran across something pretty interesting yesterday. I know the history of Cleveland has been mentioned here a bit, but I went through their company timeline and the reason they put this driver out made so much more sense to me.

The very roots of the company are tied back to making high end replicas of the old persimmon drivers. In other words, this release isn't just a niche thing as much as it is going back to their roots of classic designs with modern technology. The Classics name goes all the way back to the very start of the company and was placed on many of their highly regarded persimmons. Definitely gave me a whole new appreciation for why this was released.

This driver is definitely on my demo radar for 2012. I usually keep two drivers in my stall however I only have one now and having a competitor for my bag, would keep things interesting. It would really have to move the needle to even slightly kick my current stick out of the sack :D.

Interesting info Hawk, thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to hitting this in May, I think it fits me very well with the right shaft.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'm looking forward to THP Demo Day to give this thing some swings. Intrigued to say the least...

I ran across something pretty interesting yesterday. I know the history of Cleveland has been mentioned here a bit, but I went through their company timeline and the reason they put this driver out made so much more sense to me.

The very roots of the company are tied back to making high end replicas of the old persimmon drivers. In other words, this release isn't just a niche thing as much as it is going back to their roots of classic designs with modern technology. The Classics name goes all the way back to the very start of the company and was placed on many of their highly regarded persimmons. Definitely gave me a whole new appreciation for why this was released.

Very cool story. I love when companies have a connection with their past.

Very cool story. I love when companies have a connection with their past.

Yea, it is pretty cool and fits in with the Mashie line too. I just never really knew the why behind it all.

Yea, it is pretty cool and fits in with the Mashie line too. I just never really knew the why behind it all.

I love that they released that information too. It just makes people connect with the company on a whole different level.

I just found this thread- that thing is absolutely gorgeous. I think I'm in love.

(high-pitched Adam Sandler voice) "Soooooooo hot.....want to touch the hiney......aaahhooooooo!"

Ok i am sure this has been asked but barring reading 34 pages again...Has the release date been announced on this driver yet?

Ok i am sure this has been asked but barring reading 34 pages again...Has the release date been announced on this driver yet?

Spring 2012.

Great thanks JB now I know how long I am gonna have to wait.

Back