TM Penta TPs no longer on sale?

Charles D

Reaction score
Handicap
Went to pick up some Pentas this morning and the "3 dz for the price of 2" had expired. Checked a couple online sites, and they have limited quantities available. I'm guessing sales of the Pentas have been better lately? I'm hoping the sale doesn't end, but I might have to stock up just in case.

All the stores near me still have them in stock. With a new ball looming for the next year, stores will obviously not replenish their stock.

They also could be preparing for the launch of another golf ball (like the successor to the Penta/TP lines?)

That's what I would think...

I believe it is the Penta 332 releasing in the spring...

Edwin Watts is still running the buy 2 get one free.

Mashie mania appears to be over as well. That was a good deal, they should have kept it rolling.

GolfSmith has them near me as well as EW.

What I'm curious about is if we will see both balls out. Why not continue to give players options?

What I'm curious about is if we will see both balls out. Why not continue to give players options?

Same reason every company replaces their lineup each year (or every 2). Its about money and development.

Same reason every company replaces their lineup each year (or every 2). Its about money and development.

I understand. If the new Penta can do the same exact thing as the original but do more then I can understand replacing it.

I am really excited for the new Penta! I love the current ball, but if there were two things I would change it would be to make it slightly longer off the tee and a little better in the wind. It sounds like they have done both. It looks like they are going to call the new ball Penta TP 5.

Still on sale everywhere here and the mashies are still buy 2 for $199 here.

Titleist is about to have a price hike though on just about everything. Pro V1s are going up to $48/doz and all irons are up $100 and camerons are going up too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Still on sale everywhere here and the mashies are still buy 2 for $199 here.

Titleist is about to have a price hike though on just about everything. Pro V1s are going up to $48/doz and all irons are up $100 and camerons are going up too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

That's the way they are, and they always will be that way. Are you referring to the next ProV1 because the current ones will not go up 8 bucks right now nor will the clubs.

The Penta TP5 is coming out in a month or so. I'm sure stores are waiting for the new ball. Played the TP5 prototype yesterday and I was very pleased with it. Cuts through the wind well, seems a little longer but I was most impressed with the durability. I hit plenty full wedge shots and my wedges usually destroy balls but the TP5 came away unscathed. I think I see a ball change in my future...

The Penta is a good ball, the buy two get one free was a great deal all year

The Penta TP5 is coming out in a month or so. I'm sure stores are waiting for the new ball. Played the TP5 prototype yesterday and I was very pleased with it. Cuts through the wind well, seems a little longer but I was most impressed with the durability. I hit plenty full wedge shots and my wedges usually destroy balls but the TP5 came away unscathed. I think I see a ball change in my future...

This is music to my ears! Thanks for the info!

The new ball sounds great, the biggest reason I went to the Nike One Tour D is the wind really seems to grab the Pentas.

Now that sounds like a ball worth taking a look at when it comes out.

Great to hear. It's funny how everyone view's different balls, I myself found the Penta handled the wind very well, but tore up way easy. If these are similar yet more durable then I'm ready for it.

The new ball sounds great, the biggest reason I went to the Nike One Tour D is the wind really seems to grab the Pentas.

I play in the wind a lot so I am also excited about this ball. I liked the previous Penta but I also noticed the wind grab. The TP5 cuts through the wind much better, feel off the putter is as good as any ball on the market but I'm still amazed how well the ball held up through the round. Played the first 9 with the Pro V1, the second with the TP5 and the Pro V1 is now in the shag bag, the TP5 will be teed up on the first tee tomorrow.

I haven't noticed a wind problem. My last hole Saturday was playing dead into a 15-18 mph breeze, definitely enough to balloon it, but I teed my Penta down some and blew a stinger-type drive out to 9I range, a good drive there any day.

Can't wait to try the new ball, I love the curent penta and been playing it since last year. I play in the wind a lot to here in DFW, didn't have too many problems with penta there, however it does wear quickly. I like to lay up to a full wedge shot and sometimes after 9 holes ball looks like I played 36 with it. Still a good value.

Back