A good day gone bad

Tbox

...By Height.
Reaction score
Handicap
After church this morning I was supposed to join about 7 friends at the golf course. As my wife is dropping me off at the course, our truck beeps. A message pops up that says to check system charging. Already know that can't be good. So I put my clubs back in the truck and drive to Autozone. Test revealed a bad alternator. So insted of getting to play golf today I get to replace an alternator. Went from a good day to bad in a hurry.

Thats a bummer dude, but at least it was just an alternator and not something more drastic.

The problem is I played yesterday and didn't play too well, so I wanted the opportunity to redeem myself today.

Get a new alternator, put the truck in your garage with said alternator setting on the seat. Go play golf! Then put the alternator in afterwards. Turn the lights on in the garage and boom. You can still play. It doesnt take very long to change the alternator depending on the car/truck. I think you'd be golden if you played then changed it.

I wish I could do that. Maybe I should buy the repair manual along with the alternator and hand it to my wife and tell her good luck. Thinking that would probably not be in my best interest though.

I wish I could do that. Maybe I should buy the repair manual along with the alternator and hand it to my wife and tell her good luck. Thinking that would probably not be in my best interest though.

Sure it is if you want to get up close and personal with a divorce lawyer. LOL I wouldn't do that if I was you.

That stinks, at least alternator's aren't too hard to replace on most vehicles.

That's an unfortunate turn of events Tbox

That's a real bummer! You're better than I am because I would have figured it out after.

That stinks man. Sorry to hear. Good luck with the fix though.

Let's just say as the clubs and shoes were going back into the truck there was a long string of profanities muttered under my breathe. A couple slipped and were out loud as well.

Let's just say as the clubs and shoes were going back into the truck there was a long string of profanities muttered under my breathe. A couple slipped and were out loud as well.

I'm impressed only a couple slipped. You're a better man than me haha.

I would have been much more pissed than you. Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling when you plan to play and you don't get to, it sucks.

Anything ruining golf plans sucks. Sorry man...

Tappin' from the iPhone!

That's a bummer, hopefully you get back out there soon!

I would have probably still played and then installed the alternator later in the garage as bullfrog said.

The problem was that my wife was dropping me off at the course. If something happened on her way home or back to pick me up, I would not have had a way to come get her and the kids. Good news is, the alternator is now fixed. Took about an hour and that is with drinking a couple wobbly pops. I may have to have a couple more to celebrate.

Sorry to hear it dude, I hate cancelling golf.

I don't do the shade tree mechanic thing now days. I use to work on a few things (alternators, water pumps, batteries, carburetors, belts, radiators, etc.) back when you could get to the stuff, in the 70's but not now. Too much crap running every which way so I just call AAA, have it hauled to the local mechanic and they take me to the golf course. They come and pick me up when they are finished with the repairs. Awwwwwww local service is too good!

The problem was that my wife was dropping me off at the course. If something happened on her way home or back to pick me up, I would not have had a way to come get her and the kids. Good news is, the alternator is now fixed. Took about an hour and that is with drinking a couple wobbly pops. I may have to have a couple more to celebrate.

Gotcha, that makes perfect sense. Glad it did not take too long and you get to enjoy the rest of your week end.

Don't feel bad, at least it was only the alternator. My wife's 2002 Beetle has killed 2 batteries this month and has an array of warning lights and strange electrical oddities that have popped up.

Anyone want to buy a 45mpg TDI Beetle? lol.

You live in OU country....I thought all women up there knew how to fix alternators! :bashful:

Get 'em next time!

Man that sucks. I had the brakes on my girlfriends car start squealing on the wear indicators Saturday afternoon and didn't get out Sunday because of it.

that sucks, I would have golfed and dealt with it later. ha

Back