Bridgestone J40 Pay It Forward Review Thread

Nice up date MK the 3 Iron is a tough one to hit. But it sounds promising with the 6 and 9 iron. Have to let us know how well the j38s work for you.

Your recent purchases are a pretty strong statement for how good the Bridgestone's have been working for you. I think the "pay it forward" idea is great and think others will follow suit when they get a chance to try out Bridgestone for themselves. Good work MK!

Your recent purchases are a pretty strong statement for how good the Bridgestone's have been working for you. I think the "pay it forward" idea is great and think others will follow suit when they get a chance to try out Bridgestone for themselves. Good work MK!

If I never had a chance with the pay it forward I wouldn't of purchased. The irons just flat out perform. Hope the new clubs do as well

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Gg, I'm ready to send to next person! Cant say thanks enough to THP and bridgestone!! This opportunity has changed my whole bag! Hope more people open their eyes to Bridgestone for more then just balls!

Last edited:
nicely done Matty.

After 2 rounds and a range session. These irons are as good or better then anything I've ever hit. I went with j38 as they were over $300 cheaper. If they perform close to they j40 ill be very happy.

Thats a bold and awesome statement right there my brother. You have written some great reviews there MK! You also answered my question about what irons you were going to be playing after you sold your Nikes.

Thats a bold and awesome statement right there my brother. You have written some great reviews there MK! You also answered my question about what irons you were going to be playing after you sold your Nikes.

I loved the nikes. So for an iron to come along and knock them out of the bag is saying a lot! Plus I helped a fellow thp'r out who wanted the nikes

On the course now. 40s 15 MPH winds

Clubs in bag:

J40 4 wood
J40 3 hybrid
J40 3-6-9 irons
3 Nike wedges and putter.

Threw 9 best hole- 510 par 5 . Went 4 wood, 4 wood. Left me about 110 in fairway bunker. Hit 9 iron to 4 feet birdie!

Glad you are loving the J40's Matt. You've been doing a great job with the review dude.

Glad you are loving the J40's Matt. You've been doing a great job with the review dude.

Thanks. Been trying to do decent because o know there isn't many places to hit these

Wow, great reviews coming from this mini-set. After reading the thread (and recently MK's review), can't wait until I get a chance to hit some of these. I'm getting close to considering a change to my irons and these (among many) are on my list.

Another great day. Will have full review a little later

I love all the good stuff that is being said about the J40's

The J40's sound like a sweet iron. I would love to get my hands on the 3- iron to see if I could swing it:golf2:. I hit my Cleveland long irons really well however this is more of a players club. It would be cool to see if I could manage it.

I love all the good stuff that is being said about the J40's

Same here, I never really considered Bridgestone much before until I joined THP almost a year ago and I have heard some good things about them since joining, but I am just really impressed by all the great things said about their irons. I don't have any good golf stores around me to begin with, and the one that is around does not have a good selection and doesnt even offer any Bridgestone equipment so I have yet to hit anything Bridgestone other than their balls, but I am really excited to try everything of theirs out now including their woods.

Only irons I had today was the 3,6,9 j40. No other irons. Still shot a 89. 6,9 really impress me again. These irons get the ball up in a hurry. But on holes where I was playing into the wind, I was able to flight the ball down some. I hate repeating myself but please do yourself a favor and try to hit these!

This thread was the best idea ever! Glad I hit these and I'm sure I won't be the last to purchase some bridgestone equipment due to this testing opportunity

Sounds like an eye-opening experience for you Matty.

Loving the feedback Matt. Loved your approach with the irons! Forces you to try things and just hit about every shot. Good stuff dude!

Loving the feedback Matt. Loved your approach with the irons! Forces you to try things and just hit about every shot. Good stuff dude!

makes you want to throw these in the bag immediately doesn't it?

Great update Matty. It's cool that all you used was the 3,6,9 J40s for your irons adaptability. Humm maybe BS needs that one in there ad.

Matty - thanks so much for your thoughts on these! Due to your feedback and purchase of the J38's, I also just got a J38 DPC 6 iron that I will throw in the bag. Can't wait to get out on the range/course with this - super excited.

Looking forward to hearing feedback from the next J40 PIF tester, whomever that lucky THP'er is!

Got a message from GG a bit ago, the J40s will be making their way back to Florida for a visit in Sarasota! Looking forward to getting these out on the course!

Got a message from GG a bit ago, the J40s will be making their way back to Florida for a visit in Sarasota! Looking forward to getting these out on the course!

Very nice, I know you will do a great job! Really looking forward to your comparison between these and the V2's as those are very similar to the Pro Combo's that I am still playing.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Very cool W.E., can't wait to hear what you think.

Very nice, I know you will do a great job! Really looking forward to your comparison between these and the V2's as those are very similar to the Pro Combo's that I am still playing.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!
From reading the reviews on these and through this thread, that is what I plan on doing. Want to put these up against the V2s to see how they stack up. Really interested in the J40 3iron vs the V2 3iron, as I struggled with the long irons from the V2s, really cant wait to see how the preform for me.

Back