Official Hole In One Thread

Islander, pretty awesome way to get an ace!

Steel tappin' from my iPad

Nice Job Islander

Came within 3" on a 149 yard par 3 with a 9 iron. Dead on line but came up short, closest I ever came to a hole in one was on a 279 yard par 4. The 15th hole in Dromoland Castle in Co.Clare, Ireland. Hole plays downhill and hit a driver that landed short and ran up onto the green. Ran past the flag a couple of inches on the left side. Rolled 4-5 feet beyond the hole, sunk the putt on the way back for my first ever eagle. Had been playing the game a very short time and that was me hooked

Played 33 years before I had my first in 2006, a wedge into a short par 3 number 9 at Cedar Point Country Club in Suffolk, Va. Six months later I got my second with a 7 iron from 170 at Arnold Palmer's Tartan Fields Course near Columbus, OH. None since.

Par 3. 120 yards which actually played about 132.
PW. Nice and high draw. Hit the green hard and bounced up and to the right a little, and it rolled in!
1/8/12. Houstonian Golf and Country Club in Richmond, Texas.

PW. Nice and high draw. Hit the green hard and bounced up and to the right a little, and it rolled in!

Sweet!!! Congrats on the HIO Sooner.

Congrats, that's a looong PW, lol. Was that your first ace?

Great shot, Sooner!

That's so sweet. I'm so excited for the day I get my first HIO (if it ever comes lol).

Little late, but I will regale you all of my story.
It all happened on Aug 21st, 2011. It was a prefect sunny day in Cavendish PEI at Green Gables Golf Course. We were there with 7 groups for my friends bachelor party and we were the first group out. I was not playing particularity well, just struggling through has I had been other the course of the season. Got to Hole 8, a 143 yard par 3. Took out my 9 iron and tried to play the same little draw that I have been trying to do all day (not very well though.) Put my swing on the ball, didn't make superb contact, but came off the club the way I wanted it to. Right off the club one of my playing partners and good friends said " That's a pin seeker." A second later, we realized how true that was. One bounce and rolled right in the cup. Needless to say that every one of the 7 groups we were out with heard the cheering. Now I did feel bad about taking some of the steam away from the groom-to-be, but not that bad. :act-up:

A day I will never forget.

38120.jpg

Nice!!

True story, one worth telling. Me and 11 pals were on a golf weekend, Boyne Mountain, northern Michigan. Night before 1st round, we negotiate bets, skins, closests, and long drives... $200 total in the pot per man. As we each reach into our wallets, I chirp out "how about a pool of $100 per man for a hole in one?" I got heckled, "your nuts, how about $10 per man?" I laughed, brushed it off and went to bed after our game of poker.

Next day, on the 11th hole of the Alpine course (160 yards into a 10 mile wind, green slants seriously to the right front), the first guy in my group hits a shot past the hole that starts backing up down the hill to the right... coming to rest 18 inches from the hole. We high five and hoot to acknowledge such a great shot, thinking he must have just won a closest to the pin prize.

I'm next up... and pull a 6 iron from my bag. I hit a 6 about 160 or so, but don't want to hit it long in any case do to the slope. Plus, it's a bit downhill and I was hitting the ball well that day. I pure the shot, just a bit left of the flag on the same line as my friend. The ball lands slightly higher on the green and starts to back up just like his did. The adrenaline hit me quickly... and within the next five or six seconds the chances grew and my eagerness built. And sure enough, the ball vanished into the cup, my first and only hole in one!

The entire golf course must have known that someone holed a tee shot, the shouts echoed through the mountains with conviction. The most exiting moment of my 30+ years of golf.

Then, after the ball was retrieved from the cup and the photos had been taken, we made our way to the 12th tee. That's when it hit me, that's when I chuckled and shook my head in amusement. Not only did I learn that this was not one of the closest to the pin holes we had chosen, but my band of brothers had vetoed my proposal to toss in $100 per for a hole-in-one pool. No $1,200 kitty for Dan, not even $120 for being "closest". And the bar tab later that night set me back a couple hundred to boot.

In the end, however, I had what I had always coveted, a hole in one. Had there been a predetermined prize of $1,200, I'm certain that my fate would have been different. Had the boys ponied up, I would have taken a five iron out of my bag, thinking I must get the ball to the hole. As it turns out, my six was perfect, fate was on my side that day. I hope you all experience such a pleasure some day.

Cool story SW G, they should have at least let you get by with only one round of drinks.

That sounds awesome SWG! Nice job beating your buddy!

Awesome story SW G. Seriously hope if I am lucky enough to have a hole in one in my life that it is surrounding by my friends like yours was. Truly must make the moment all the more memorable.

Well done!

I have two hips. The first was a fluke. It was 160 yard par3 and I hit a six iron. I hit it well but it was headed left of a right pin location which was fine...looking good...middle of the green. As the ball hit in front of the green, it caromed to the right with a high bounce...hit the green, turned left and went into the hole. Hit a sprinkler head! Always felt a little cheated on that one but it was a one on the scorecard.

Just recent had the second...110yds, pin tucked to the right next to the water. Hit an AW about 15 ft to the left...happy with the shot figured middle of the green...couldn't see the hole so we didn't know until we walked up and sure enough it was in the hole. Two weeks prior, same hole the flag was in the middle and I hit a good shot right at pin and ended up within 3 ft. My playing partner holed his shot for his first hio. Not sure if this has happened to anyone...same hole, same foursome, two consecutive weeks a hio...Hooters cost us about 250...and they say lightning doesn't hit in the same place twice.

Good luck

Same place twice, yep it does. My only other HIO story: Playing in a league 15 years ago, my partner at the time was maybe 60 years old, swung every shot with a pipe in his mouth - really. So on a three of maybe 165 yards (7th hole on a 9 hole track), he tees up with a 7 wood (maybe a 5 wood?), and skulls it skinny, on rope toward the green. In a fit, he yanks the pipe from his moth and yells "goddammit!". So the ball tumbles toward the green and eventually shoots up to the back bank of the front tilting green. The pin is on the bottom left, a collection area that rewards shots on the right side of the green and punishes those missing left. Anyways, his ball almost stops on the back of the green, but casually starts rolling back toward the collection area. Moments later, the old man who had cursed his golf club was jumping up and down, celebrating like a teenager who had just discovered sex. I'll never forget that one.

So one week and one day later, I was on the 8th tee with some friends when another golfer in the league made his way to the 7th tee that was the backdrop of the HIO the week before. The entire hole could be seen from the 8th tee, as the course had little acreage to spare. Well you can certainly guess what happened next... as we all politely watched Mark tee off, and saw the ball arch toward the hole, it hit, bounce twice and dropped in the hole. His 2nd HOI if I'm not mistaken, and the 2nd one I had witnessed in 8 days. The only other HIO I have ever seen was brought to life about an hour ago on this thread. Thanks for giving me the chance to reminiss!

7 year old son made a hole in one yesterday....

Towne Lake Hills GC
Woodstock GA

125 yards...he hit a 3 wood
MJ Hole in One.png

That's so cool. Congrats!

that is so awesome!!!! Congrats!

Awesome Tigerfan, hope he has an idea just how special that is. Congrats!

Thanks for the congrats....we walked up to the green and my ball was on the green...we walked around
looking for his ball and I just thought....maybe it went in the hole...there it
was...amazing. He's shot 40 on 9 holes so a good swing wasn't a fluke but wow....incredible. I don't think he does realize it just yet! :)

Here's a picture of the hole...sort of a blind shot over a hill.
Hole 7.png

Congrats to your son. My best friend got his only hole in one at about the same age on the same type of hole.

That's awesome!

That was really cool. I will be showing my daughter this. She is loving go out and playing. Will show her that even she can do that.

Wow, to get it at 7! You take him out drinking after? :bashful:

Back