TaylorMade RocketBallz RBZ Irons Preview

Hi...I just joined THP a couple of days ago. I've been reading the Adams A12os thread (138 pages). I am impressed with the knowledge of the members. I do have a question. Have any of the Adams A12os testers hit the Rocketbalz irons? I am curious about the maim perceived differnces between the 2 clubs.

YJ -- I am not sure about other members however my wife KellyBo tested the A12os irons and she loves them. I will be testing the RBZ irons. She plays men clubs so there will be no problem for her to compare the two sets.

YJ -- I am not sure about other members however my wife KellyBo tested the A12os irons and she loves them. I will be testing the RBZ irons. She plays men clubs so there will be no problem for her to compare the two sets.
Thanks OG. I currently play Titleist AP1 710 irons and I am not getting the correct distance gapping between the 4-5-6 irons. The Adams hybrids may just be the ticket.

My mate stays in Dubai and he just text me tonight saying he went to his course tonight and tested the RBZ irons and he put in an order straight away. He said they added 15-20yards more so was sold straight away. They said if he ordered today they would give him a fitting and 20% off which is a good deal.

What was he hitting previously?

My mate stays in Dubai and he just text me tonight saying he went to his course tonight and tested the RBZ irons and he put in an order straight away. He said they added 15-20yards more so was sold straight away. They said if he ordered today they would give him a fitting and 20% off which is a good deal.

That's pretty exciting! Throw in 20% off and a fitting and that's a great deal.

After looking at my iron specs vs these, I'm hoping I get about 15-20 yards. More importantly, I'm hoping it produces just a nice controllable ball flight.

After looking at my iron specs vs these, I'm hoping I get about 15-20 yards. More importantly, I'm hoping it produces just a nice controllable ball flight.

Troof!

He was playing Cobra S2 Max so they must have been good or you would not change that quick
I have no doubt that the Rocketballz irons are fine clubs. As for distance gains, hopefully he took the fact that the Rocketballz irons are 2-3 degrees more strongly lofted than the Cobra's into consideration.

I was able to hit this 6i today at golf galaxy. I came away really impressed on the feel of them. I thought they felt very solid off the face, but it was hard to tell where you hit on the face. I thought it really felt close the the 2.0 feel. I could not really tell the distance of it, because the simulator was messing up. I would really like to get this one out on a range to see how it does. It had a really great feel to it.

I was able to hit this 6i today at golf galaxy. I came away really impressed on the feel of them. I thought they felt very solid off the face, but it was hard to tell where you hit on the face. I thought it really felt close the the 2.0 feel. I could not really tell the distance of it, because the simulator was messing up. I would really like to get this one out on a range to see how it does. It had a really great feel to it.

Did the same thing today @ GG. Ball flight was pretty high IMO but they felt very nice.

Did the same thing today @ GG. Ball flight was pretty high IMO but they felt very nice.

That was hard to tell since I was on the sim. I imagine they will give a nice high ball flight.

Pretty stoked to hopefully get these in this week! Looks like 55-70* and sunny Monday-Thursday this week then some rain. You can believe even if it's raining I'll be out hitting these bad boys.

I've been so busy this week I haven't had much time to check the forum but the few times I have had time I go straight to this thread! I can't wait for you guts to get these in and read your opinions!

Sent from my DROIDX

Hit the RBZ irons today and came away very impressed. The steel shatters is only 85 grams which was very light. The granite shaft was only 65grams. All I can say is these were way better than expected. TM has a winner with these. Lots a jacked bit ball felt butter if the club. I was getting 6 iron distance from a 7 iron. I did not like the grips but shaft and club head were spot on. Can't wait to hit fairway wood. I hit driver and wasn't overly impressed.

TapAhoy!

I hit a 6 iron on the range today. Pretty sweet club. Don't know if there worth switching to over my burners but it definitely worth considering. I didn't really get a feel for the distances with my swing, but saw them in action out on the course.

My instructor just got a set and decided he's going to game them 3i to Lob wedge. His previous set was the TM MB. He's a scratch and says they looks little clunky, but who cares. There so easy to hit its like cheating. We went out and played a few holes he was hitting the 3i 260 off the tee past my driver. On a 198 yd par 3. He hit his 7i over the green probably 215. It took all of my 4i to get it hole high. He's a good player, but these clubs are crazy long. He said about 2 clubs less than what he's used to.

I played today with forum member EricF in some very windy conditions. Shot a good round on the front (39) and the wind was butting kicking hard! My 4i was nuking the ball, when I put my smooth swing on it and Eric make the comment, " You hit that thing as far "as some folks hit their driver". I don't know about all that but on a couple of holes and the fairways still damp from recent heavy rains, I hit some home runs. The other RBZ club that stood out for me on more than one occasion today, was the attack wedge. I hit it within 4 foot on the par three number 5 hole. Also stuck it to 3 foot on number nine for a birdie. This little wedge is seriously awesome!

I hit a 6 iron on the range today. Pretty sweet club. Don't know if there worth switching to over my burners but it definitely worth considering. I didn't really get a feel for the distances with my swing, but saw them in action out on the course.

My instructor just got a set and decided he's going to game them 3i to Lob wedge. His previous set was the TM MB. He's a scratch and says they looks little clunky, but who cares. There so easy to hit its like cheating. We went out and played a few holes he was hitting the 3i 260 off the tee past my driver. On a 198 yd par 3. He hit his 7i over the green probably 215. It took all of my 4i to get it hole high. He's a good player, but these clubs are crazy long. He said about 2 clubs less than what he's used to.

Wow, 215 yard 7i is like ... monster.

That is quite the testimony from your instructor, and I agree with bahester, a 215 7I is monster like.

I went to get a new set of irons and was going in thinking I was going to purchase these irons. They setup a 6 iron with my shaft length I need and I honestly couldn't hit this club for crap. I really don't know what it was. Well after hitting a few other irons with the exact same shaft for all I decided that I hit the R11 irons the best.

I LOVE the look of these RBZ irons and my favorite color is green. Not knocking them but for me personally they just didn't do it for me.

They sure are selling a lot of R11's to people that try the RBZ's. Makes me wonder what the differences are, why some people hit better with the RBZ's and others with the R11's. Maybe the different shafts?

They sure are selling a lot of R11's to people that try the RBZ's. Makes me wonder what the differences are, why some people hit better with the RBZ's and others with the R11's. Maybe the different shafts?

I felt like the topline was rather thin compared to the R11. And the lower cavity stuck way out on the higher irons which played mind games with me for some reason. I guess I am just not used to that. I used the exact same shaft for the R11 and RBZ. The vibration was harsh as well. I used a 6 iron as well which has never been a good club for me.

I felt like the topline was rather thin compared to the R11. And the lower cavity stuck way out on the higher irons which played mind games with me for some reason. I guess I am just not used to that. I used the exact same shaft for the R11 and RBZ. The vibration was harsh as well. I used a 6 iron as well which has never been a good club for me.

They had KBS shafts in the RBZs?

i went the other way, i used to have the burner 2.0s and then got the r11 irons which were ok most of the time. I did loose a good bit of distance over the burners. I tried the rbz irons and my store and i did not like them off the mats so i stuck with the r11s. I then got hold of the rbz wedges and was hitting them so much better on the course than the r11 wedges, so i went back and spent more time with the rbz trying all the irons and was hitting them better so i traded them in for the rbz irons which i seem to be hitting further than the r11 irons Not tried the full set on the course yet.

So now i only have the R11S driver and the rest ofmy clubs are RBZs, I did not like the RBZ driver so went with the R11S. i love the RBZ hybrids though as they launch so easily and give me much more distance than my old hybrids

Back