TaylorMade RocketBallz RBZ Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What a nice looking set of irons! I don't know if I am all about the green on them. I know they are going to be long coming from the TM Burner technology. With the ATV they will be straight too.

Tapatalkin

Good write up JB, I know these will be on anyone looking for new irons short list. It will be interesting to see if the thin face trampoline effect is consistent in the distances these irons cover.

Great looking irons. I like the green accents. A great price point, and I wonder what the distance is like? These could be great!

Don't know how I feel about the graphic on the back; will have to check out in person this spring. Look forward to seeing some impressions and numbers with these.

Looks great, I've always liked the silver sole plate against the darker iron.

I actually like the looks of these and appreciate the fact that they are coming in at a respectable price point. I see some forum testing in the future...perhaps. :D

I really like the looks of these. I like those green accents a lot for some reason. Nice looking iron TM!!

Nice looking line that TM has come out with, with all the technology TM has going on these Irons are sure to perform Well. Thought these looked similar to the Machspeeds. I had to go the Nike site to compare the backs of the Machspeed, and the TM's RBZ's are different.

nice looking irons. I really like the green accents. From a technology standpoint I think there will be a lot of golfers getting some great results from these clubs. But for me, I dont think i will be replacing my 2.0s for these.

These look really good and the description leads to believe that these will be very popular, despite having the worse and cheapest sounding name in golf.

I bet these are just long. Everything in that article just screams long and high.

like the looks green accents look nice. club head looks a lot different than the 2.0s looks longer and not as tall.

Worst name ever.

Sounds like something Rickie Fowler would use.

I'm not sure why but I don't think I like it.

As a huge fan of the 2.0s, I think these are a nice progression on looks of those, and think they are a very great looking iron. I bet these will offer up some serious distance.

I am not a fan of the name, but it gets people talking about the brand. So there's marketing for ya. Rocketballz not so great, but love the labeling of RBZ on the clubs, and think a lot of folks will stick with calling it by the acronym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know every year there's new tech and it's espoused to be the greatest ever, but as I read this I couldn't help but feel like I'd be cheating if I played with these. :D I mean irons with driver face technology!? Even lower lofts than the ludicrously low lofts in the 2.0 line!? Where will the madness end???

*** This is partially said tongue in cheek; just my first feeling as I read the write up.

Very different look than anything we have seen in recent years from TM. Not a huge fan of the green, but if the performance is there give me a pink one and I'll play it.

Very different look than anything we have seen in recent years from TM. Not a huge fan of the green, but if the performance is there give me a pink one and I'll play it.

I think its very similar to the Burner 2.0 line, just a very nice progression of looks.
Spoiler
TaylorMade Burner 2_0 Irons.jpg
RBZ-Family-7-Iron-400x300.jpg

Not a fan of the looks but I think the move towards green is nice. I am sure these will be straight and long and therefore find there way into a lot of bags.

Wow these are nice looking irons and anything that launches the ball like these puppies have got to be on the hit list!

I bet these are just long. Everything in that article just screams long and high.

FLTC, while I agree... it also screams like I've heard this before.

I agree, to say the ball bounces off the face like a trampoline. Wow

FLTC, while I agree... it also screams like I've heard this before.

It will be hard to get longer and higher the what I'm testing but if they do...it bottles the mind

It will be hard to get longer and higher the what I'm testing but if they do...it bottles the mind

Sure does dude. The claims Taylormade is making have my attention. I really hope they're true but if they're not, combined with the name... could this be the window other OEM's are looking for?

Back