Instant Club Testing Feedback - Tomorrow Afternoon

Final hole with the Cleveland Classic and he blasted it straight down the middle.

Any problems with the Gold/brass color on the face scratching easily, or on the sole?

That was fun to follow along with even though I got pulled away after JB bombed the Classic for the second time. Great job guys - let's do it again soon!! :D

Very cool thread. Well done as always JB and GG!

I think this needs to be done again!! I really appreciated it and really enjoyed following it

just read thru this after playing today, great thread!!

This is the most depressing thread ever!! I'm reading while other people are having fun on the golf course! :D

I love the updates!

This is the most depressing thread ever!! I'm reading while other people are having fun on the golf course! :D

I love the updates!

Triple depressing for me... 1. I'm at work. 2. It's raining 3. I've got a killer cold!

Greatly enjoyed reading this thread... even though I admit to sneaking away and checking on the RBZ threads periodically.

Idea for the future:

Video. Introduce the club before each shot, hit the shot, comment about the result and feel, etc. :)

Any specific reason you guys will test 8irons?

Layup to 150 off the tee club.

Wow! that is a stout 8 iron! That is further than my 7!

The Mashie irons are really long for me.

Testing any special putters or is your focus irons & woods only today?

Nope, just the normal putter.

Was there any wind involved?

Pretty still out there today.

Kenny vs. Jason Day?!?!? Let's hear the results.

I tried it three times after the round and maybe its just me. The Adams did not give me the distance of some others. I feel like I am getting it good, and the marks on the face say center, but its just not getting me the distance.

That is weird. Certainly it is not shorter than your normal 3w with the slots. Would it be possible to give it another go?

See above.

Awesome feedback JB and GG! I love the look of the RBZ 3 wood and that Fast12 looks awesome as well.

Ironically the Mashie outperformed both for me today. But the RBZ did get some good distance off the tee.

I vote for a mulligan for the Adams Fast12. It didn't get JB's best effort!

See above.

With all this love getting thrown at the Classic, i may have to give it a hit. Never been a big fan of cleveland, but this seems worth a try.

Lower as in Mid or lower than mid?

Mid launch definitely.

You are talking about the 588 8iron? Dude, stop it! You're making me randy.

When i hit that to within a foot, I just smiled.

Man, this is what it would be like if Golf Galaxy had a 9 hole course out back...LOL...just load up a bag full of goodies and go hit em!

Just like a THP outing.

JB, when you catch up with this can you comment on the 588 vs. MP 59? Which (to you) felt better, sounds better, is more forgiving? I am assuming both have S300's?

MP-59s launch a little higher (very little), both feel very good and have similar sounds (absence of sound). I like the way the 588s get into the grass as with the 59s, i can get a little digging if I am not careful.

Any trusty rusty wedges in the bag?

Yes, and GG and I both were not thrilled. They are prone to digging for both of us.

I sure do enjoy reading that. Are you happy with the shafts or would you like another option?

I actually liked the S300s, but still think I would go with the KBS Tour 90s to get the ball up a little more for me.

Favoritism?

None here.

What is the loft on this beast?

14* although the shaft length is shorter than the others.

wow excellent coloneling

Idea for the future:

Video. Introduce the club before each shot, hit the shot, comment about the result and feel, etc. :)

Hard to do live without using up our entire data plan. Unless we get a few more Albatross users, I would say live video feed is not going to happen for us in this situation.

did you regrip all of these with Pure?

No, only my regular gamers have the pink grips. I am holding out for the streaked ones.

Wow, I had some catching up to do. interesting to hear the Classic was further than the Cally.

Pretty stout 8 iron JB. Impressive.

Morgan. I think you made it through the trees. yeah?

I did, I crushed a 5 wood and actually cleared the green, I did not see that coming.

damn, the way GG is playing today I hope I don't see her in a match come outing weekend

See quote below : (

I started off strong then just put up am 8 I hate this game haha.

Any trusty rusty wedges in the bag?

As JB said, yes we played those but didn't love them. They dig too much into the ground for me. But they look really pretty!

This was an epic thread JB and GG....lots of great info!!

Was the only Callaway iron you hit the Razr XF?

do you think the Trusty Rusty dug too much because of the extra weight? I remember it being heavier than the other wedges we tested.

Surprisingly I shot 39 on the round and I was quite thrilled. The biggest difference for me was that the irons are all different length, so to adjust was definitely different. Would have been lower if the Trusty Rusty was not with me.

Drivers - The Classic was the longest for me by almost 9 yards. However to be fair, it is the only one of the bunch that is fit for me currently.

Irons - Standouts were Mashie irons for distance. Cleveland Blacks for shaft love. 588s for performance. RAZR XFs were the disappointment in the group for me. Just did not love them. Nikes were outstanding and crazy long too. And the AMP performed absolutely way better than I expected. Solid iron that reminds me a lot of the Williams FW32 I liked so much.

Wedges - I will keep my 588s for now thank you. Sorry Rusty.

FW Woods - This was a great little battle out there. RBZ vs Fast 12 vs Mashie. Mashie was the longest on distance followed by RBZ and then Fast 12. All 3 were hit very straight. Only Mashie was hit from the FW.

This was an epic thread JB and GG....lots of great info!!

Was the only Callaway iron you hit the Razr XF?

Today it was yes.

do you think the Trusty Rusty dug too much because of the extra weight? I remember it being heavier than the other wedges we tested.

No, for me the tri bounce brings it lower to the grass I believe and with my steep angle on wedges, the sharp leading edge digs.

I am not even going to try to catch up on this one tonight, lol. Sounds like it got crazy in here.

Thanks for the answers JB and GG. A wedge that digs is not good since I dig a crater anyway.

I came in late, and just caught up, but I have to say that was really cool. Great idea. JB, sounds like you hit the 588 real well, as well as the Classic driver.

I am not even going to try to catch up on this one tonight, lol. Sounds like it got crazy in here.

Not at all. Just lots of thoughts, it might be an enjoyable read. Skimming it and adding this is quite odd in my opinion. Why add anything if the only thing added was "Im not going to read it". Im not coming down on you at all, really I am not, just struck me as odd.

Did you have any J40 wedges?

Irons - Standouts were Mashie irons for distance. Cleveland Blacks for shaft love. 588s for performance. RAZR XFs were the disappointment in the group for me. Just did not love them. Nikes were outstanding and crazy long too. And the AMP performed absolutely way better than I expected. Solid iron that reminds me a lot of the Williams FW32 I liked so much.
Not real happy to hear this, as this is one of the two sets I am leaning toward.

Outstanding feedback JB and GG! It sounds like it's safe to say that a Cleveland Classic (if available) will be in your bag for MC 2.0. Dare I saw along with some 588cbs?

Back