Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
Well it's not me who is the new golfer but today I got a phone call from my mom saying she wants to learn how to golf so her and my wife went out and picked a complete set of Adams clubs and she has plans for lessons in the spring. She is learning the game for the first time at the age of 73 never heard of someone starting so late in life I hope she really likes it.

Very cool! Is she going to take lessons?

That's cool. Good for your Mom.

Thats really cool! Best of luck to your mom in her adventure with the Game we all love!

lol nice skim.... thats awesome though i started young and i wish i started even younger and had gotten lessons when i first started.... i think thats great though. hopefully she'll enjoy the game as much as most of us usually do.

Welcome! It's cool to hear about people starting the game at different ages.

Never too late....I have tried to get my mom involved, but sadly she just isn't interested.

I admire the older folks who got a kick in their step and gleam in the eyes. Good for her :clapp:

What's not to like? I am sure she will become addicted to this wonderful game and I also hope she is taking lessons. Good luck Kyle.

What's not to like? I am sure she will become addicted to this wonderful game and I also hope she is taking lessons. Good luck Kyle.
I see I'm not the only skimmer. hehehe.

That's fantastic Kyle!
Kudos to your Mom :clapp:

That's great....hope she has fun.

That is fantastic! We had a 70+ year old lady here who did the same thing and asked me to help teach her. I told her to see a PGA pro but she was insistent on me just showing her some things on the range. It was UGLY and I just had no clue how to teach her how to hit the ball. I insisted that she see a pro. She was great and in fantastic shape and I'm really hoping she didn't give up. I haven't heard from her in a while. I'm glad your mom is seeing a pro. It's the only way to go IMO.

That is awesome!!! I hope she loves it!!

that's pretty cool. Hope she enjoys it

What course do you usually golf at?

Do you go to Confederation at all? That's a pretty good starters course imo

Back