Callaway Golf Returns for the 2nd Morgan Cup

Got an appointment booked at the CPC in Austin next Thursday for my fitting!!! I can't wait!

Best part is my job is sending me to Austin so they are footing the bill for gas and hotel!

Bonus!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude this is just awesome!!! Can't wait to hear about how amazing your experience was! See... MC Excitement every time we turn around...

First: LOL at cruising for shafts.

Second: That shaft sounds like a fake.

Edit: Not a fake. Thanks, ddec.

I know some people in the Bay Area thar cruise for shafts..ba dum bum!

I know some people in the Bay Area thar cruise for shafts..ba dum bum!

I know from experience, Tim...people cruise for shafts worldwide. And most likely in stiff flex.

Back on topic, it's awesome that you're going for a fitting in Austin.

Thats awesome! Did our tour rep set that up for ya or are did ya plan that one on your own since you're already gonna be there?

I called and set the appointment myself since I knew I was going to be in Austin.

Thats cool, I don't think I would pass that up either if I knew I was going to be around a CPC! Good luck and take some pics if you can!

So...I'm headed to Columbus, OH this weekend for a fitness convention call the Arnold Classic. Super excited for that, but I now have something I'm even more excited about....I am a big fan of PF Changs, so any time I go out of town I drag my wife to PF Changs for dinner, so we were making our dinner plans for Saturday and I thought "hmmm, I wonder where there is a Golfsmith or something around Columbus where I can check out some new Cally stuff. So I Google it online, and Golfsmith is right down the street from PF Changs! Its literally in the same outdoor shopping area, and its open late so I should have plenty of time to make it to Golfsmith! Definitely hoping they have the RAZR X Forged irons and the new Odyssey Protype putters. I want to get an idea of what putter style I prefer, like do I want to stick with the traditional blade, or maybe a heel shafted putter like the #9. Anyhow, I think I'm more excited about Golfsmith and PF Changs than I am about the fitness convention.

Ingolfer I thought you lived in Indianapolis? I figured you would have some golf stores there.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

No I live in Goshen, way up in north central Indiana. Its at least 2 hours to any good golf store, the local shop sucks and the Dicks isn't very well stocked. I just visit Indy often because I have family there.

No I live in Goshen, way up in north central Indiana. Its at least 2 hours to any good golf store, the local shop sucks and the Dicks isn't very well stocked. I just visit Indy often because I have family there.

Gotcha, that's too bad man but have fun hitting all the callaway equipment.

So...I'm headed to Columbus, OH this weekend for a fitness convention call the Arnold Classic. Super excited for that, but I now have something I'm even more excited about....I am a big fan of PF Changs, so any time I go out of town I drag my wife to PF Changs for dinner, so we were making our dinner plans for Saturday and I thought "hmmm, I wonder where there is a Golfsmith or something around Columbus where I can check out some new Cally stuff. So I Google it online, and Golfsmith is right down the street from PF Changs! Its literally in the same outdoor shopping area, and its open late so I should have plenty of time to make it to Golfsmith! Definitely hoping they have the RAZR X Forged irons and the new Odyssey Protype putters. I want to get an idea of what putter style I prefer, like do I want to stick with the traditional blade, or maybe a heel shafted putter like the #9. Anyhow, I think I'm more excited about Golfsmith and PF Changs than I am about the fitness convention.

Have fun man!! Make sure you hit those muscle backs too!!

And I will finally be able to see the new wedges in person!

Have fun man!! Make sure you hit those muscle backs too!!

Yep I'm really hoping they have those too! I'm gonna be in there a long time I think!

thats awesome. Have fun hitting as much of the new callaway stuff as you possibly can

And I will finally be able to see the new wedges in person!

Wow I didn't realize you hadn't even seen the wedges. They feel great in hand, really head heavy.

Yep I'm really hoping they have those too! I'm gonna be in there a long time I think!

hahahha yup. The weekend before my fitting I got kicked out of the hitting bay at golf town. I was in there for a good hour plus hahaha.

Wow I didn't realize you hadn't even seen the wedges. They feel great in hand, really head heavy.

Yep, thats how deprived I am. I need to move south.

So I'm going into my local Callaway Performance Center for my fitting on Monday night. I'll be working with their head fitter that night to get my specs all set up for everything. Evidently they have a bunch of new toys and options to maximize their fitting experience so I'm realy looking forward to it. I had a brief conversation with the fitter and he's in sync with what I'm looking to get out of the fitting and more importantly is going to do everything he can to get the right set up for me. I have a feeling that I'm going to have a pretty extensive write up to do after this is all done. Big ups to Callaway for this opportunity!

very cool Hanks

Looking forward to hearing how it goes Hanks!

That sounds awesome Hanks, I can't wait to hear about it!

Can't wait to hear about it Hanks!

Nice, Hanks. Enjoy it buddy. Dick's had the Fit, but not the Black in stock. Looks just like you described - a smaller profile. Saw the HL hybrid too. I expected more offset, but it wasn't there. The sole didn't seem as rounded as the RAZR X hybrid.

So I'm going into my local Callaway Performance Center for my fitting on Monday night. I'll be working with their head fitter that night to get my specs all set up for everything. Evidently they have a bunch of new toys and options to maximize their fitting experience so I'm realy looking forward to it. I had a brief conversation with the fitter and he's in sync with what I'm looking to get out of the fitting and more importantly is going to do everything he can to get the right set up for me. I have a feeling that I'm going to have a pretty extensive write up to do after this is all done. Big ups to Callaway for this opportunity!

Very Cool Hanks....glad to hear it....can't wait for your write up since you are going a few days ahead of me! Hope the one in Austin has all the new toys too! My fitter sent me a questionaire with about 15 questions about my game to fill out and send back...he said it would make things go quicker the day of the fitting.

Not sure how he signed up, but he also told me he registered here at THP! His name is Chad

that's awesome hankster. I think you'll love that experience. Document the crap out of it. I reckon I'd love to see as much of it as possible.

Back