1st 9 holes of the year.

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
I hit three good shots. I guess it's golf season.

Kevin

Great thread, so the three good shots did they go both forwards and up?

I hit three good shots. I guess it's golf season.

Kevin

First 18 for me tomorrow. I'm expecting about as many good shots.......

Haha - I have a feeling my return to the game is going to be worse than that. Who cares as long as we can get back out there again and chase that damn ball around.

At least you were old there old man. Forget you though, how did Grace hit them?

At least you were old there old man. Forget you though, how did Grace hit them?

She hit some dandies, but was over swinging in the wind a little. She hit four greens, so not too bad. She hit a 3w off the deck for a 2nd shot on a par 5 to about 10 yards short that was a thing of beauty. The course was packed, pace of play slow, and really wet and windy so we pulled the plug after 9. But what the hell, it's March 10. Usually it's 30* and snow on the ground.

Kevin

I'm sure it was still good for ya despite the slow play. Beats playing on a sim. Fresh air seeing the ball flight ahhh.

That's a good start. Hopefully I can post officially here this week as its going to be nice out.

Tapaway!

Nice 3 shots! Get it rollin, we got some nice firm grass for you in Vegas.

Nice 3 shots! Get it rollin, we got some nice firm grass for you in Vegas.

I should be a little more broken in by then.

I did take some divots in the slop TMex would have been proud of I think.

Kevin

Well the good news is with only 3 good shots it can probably only get better from here right?

Ahhh... got first round in y'day... 18 holes, 17 actually as we skipped #15 as a 5-some ahead of us were playing from the tips spending forever each hole to find their pathetic, wild tee-shots. Was fighting a straight pull off the tee, not sure where that came from... Had a couple of total duffs, but that will happen first time out for the year... Haven't even been on a range. It got a little chilly by the end of the round, probably 45deg. or so.

Great thread indeed..... I played my first 18 in ~ 5 months. Tee-to-green was great. Hit everything where I expected. Was never in trouble off the tee (except for #1); Left a bunch of my approaches ~10-15yds short (which I expected, ball I know is shorter and the cold weather (~ 30* when I teed off)). I didn't really focus on my putting as the greens are a mess right now, aerated and frozen. Hit 10 fairways and 9 greens (with 4 others being just short), with the terrible putting shot ~ 81 (not official by any means) SO......

Overall, very pleased and felt great walking down 18. No fatigue which was surprising and nice. Can't wait for the warm weather!!!

I think this is a great thread. Can we change the title to "First round of 2012?" Or does that already exist... -__-

Back