5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

What happens in Vegas.... Glad you are firing it back up t4k, in a few days it will be like it never happened.

I had worked on my legs today during the work out and found I did not have a lot left in the tank for the JL. It is so tough I may just warm up on the eliptical or treadmill for about 10 minutes and then take the JL to exhaustion for one of my workouts each week. I will probably just have to experiment with how to work it in.

I am so proud of you that I could give you a hug :friends::highfive:

I've just found this thread and you've all done an amazing job. I'be been overweight since university. I've always blamed it on a knee injury that stopped my running career but really it was beer and pizza. This week I've decided to change it and bought myself a new bike. I'm going to drop the 15 kgs I put on at uni. Hopefully 1kg a week. Also changing my diet to something healthier. I still can't run because of my knee but I can walk and ride so that's what ill do.

I've just found this thread and you've all done an amazing job. I'be been overweight since university. I've always blamed it on a knee injury that stopped my running career but really it was beer and pizza. This week I've decided to change it and bought myself a new bike. I'm going to drop the 15 kgs I put on at uni. Hopefully 1kg a week. Also changing my diet to something healthier. I still can't run because of my knee but I can walk and ride so that's what ill do.

I've had a couple knee surgeries and will need another one sooner than later. My ortho Doc highly recommended the stationary bike for the knees. I am sure the road bikes do a great job also. Low impact exercise is the ticket for those bad knees. :thumb:

Good for you man, keep us updated as you going along.
Monday is weigh in day and I hope to be under the 230 mark for the first time in a while. I was 231 last Monday (19 pounds lost) but I want to see that second 2 on the scale tomorrow.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Monday is weigh in day and I hope to be under the 230 mark for the first time in a while. I was 231 last Monday (19 pounds lost) but I want to see that second 2 on the scale tomorrow.

Pulling for ya CB :clapp:

Keep us posted on your progress roswellj, we are rooting for you.

I am close to being in the 220's myself, I imagine you will beat me there. Good going Ben.

Keep us posted on your progress roswellj, we are rooting for you.

I am close to being in the 220's myself, I imagine you will beat me there. Good going Ben.

That's awesome DD, I hope for you that you beat me there. I didnt realize how much weight I was carrying around and now that it's gone I feel so much better. Oh and my golf game has gotten better because of it too.

Welcome. I found the thread maybe two weeks ago and love it too. Good job making the decision to take action! I look forward to your updates.

I've had a couple knee surgeries and will need another one sooner than later. My ortho Doc highly recommended the stationary bike for the knees. I am sure the road bikes do a great job also. Low impact exercise is the ticket for those bad knees. :thumb:
I've always been told by the doc that I needed surgery on it. I actually dislocated it and tore the ACL but opted for physio instead of surgery which was probably not a smart move. Ever since then I've used it as an excuse to sit at home and not exercise saying 'I can't go for a job because my knee will play up'. I've actually bought a mountain bike and have started with easy rides around the park. First one was a 10km ride medium intensity. Hoping to do that every second day for a couple of weeks then do a 15km one medium intensity alternating with a 5-10km high intensity ride. Always walking the course when I play now too, won't ride in the cart. Started walking to work too, it's only a couple of km's but it's better than nothing.

Update: Down a little bit more.

Current weight: 249lb
Starting weight: 310lb

29 more pounds to go!

Got on the scale this morning and reached my goal weight. Down to 205 although I think I may try to lose another 5. 25 lbs since Jan 1. I'm pretty happy and I feel a lot better.

Got on the scale this morning and reached my goal weight. Down to 205 although I think I may try to lose another 5. 25 lbs since Jan 1. I'm pretty happy and I feel a lot better.

Congrats dude, that's great!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

29 more pounds to go!

That its impressive, keep up the good work!

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

29 more pounds to go!
Awesome! Great job, keep up the good work!

Congratulations! Great job!

Congrats on reaching your goal Bj, might as well go for the extra 5 now buddy.

Congrats buckjob & wes, great successes guys!!

I have still been working out but weight has dropped back down to 156. Still want to put on a little more weight with a target area of chest, shoulders, and arms.

Picked up a PS3 and ordered the EA Active Sports workout game to mix it up a little bit. Should be here Wednesday and I will up my calorie intake and up my cardio as well. Main goal is still overall health and this will be a bit similar to P90X in the sense of combining weights & cardio. Think it will mix it up and make the workouts a bit more enjoyable.

I posted this up in the New Years Resolution thread back in January, but my goal since the start of this year was for the bike race that I participated in today. My goal was to make the 100 mile team, and I trained my tail off for it. I didnt make the 100 mile team, but was selected as captain for our team on the 65 mile ride. It was brutal ride, as there were some hellacious stretches with some strong headwinds, but we absolutely killed it today! We had a push at the end, and were close to the leaders, but our team finished 2nd for our ride, and as a total team we took an overall 2nd place. I am absolutely thrilled with this, and the fact that I could actually hop on a bike and crank out 65 miles with my team was a phenomenal feeling. However, I want to do more!

There is a ride in June, and my goal is to drop 15 lbs, and really increase my stamina so I can rock it with the 100 mile team for that one! I dont think I have ever been as motivated as I am right now to change my lifestyle!

I posted this up in the New Years Resolution thread back in January, but my goal since the start of this year was for the bike race that I participated in today. My goal was to make the 100 mile team, and I trained my tail off for it. I didnt make the 100 mile team, but was selected as captain for our team on the 65 mile ride. It was brutal ride, as there were some hellacious stretches with some strong headwinds, but we absolutely killed it today! We had a push at the end, and were close to the leaders, but our team finished 2nd for our ride, and as a total team we took an overall 2nd place. I am absolutely thrilled with this, and the fact that I could actually hop on a bike and crank out 65 miles with my team was a phenomenal feeling. However, I want to do more!

There is a ride in June, and my goal is to drop 15 lbs, and really increase my stamina so I can rock it with the 100 mile team for that one! I dont think I have ever been as motivated as I am right now to change my lifestyle!

That is so cool! :clapp: They say riding a bike is one of the very best all around exercises. Great job to you for your accomplishment. Also kudos to Wes & Buck for literally working their arse off :thumb:

Congrats buckjob & wes, great successes guys!!

I have still been working out but weight has dropped back down to 156. Still want to put on a little more weight with a target area of chest, shoulders, and arms.

Picked up a PS3 and ordered the EA Active Sports workout game to mix it up a little bit. Should be here Wednesday and I will up my calorie intake and up my cardio as well. Main goal is still overall health and this will be a bit similar to P90X in the sense of combining weights & cardio. Think it will mix it up and make the workouts a bit more enjoyable.

I know you will do it cookie, you are one tough dude.

Congrats to WE, you have come a long way in a short time buddy, I know you will make your June goal.

Way to go Ryan!! I am happy for you dude, you set your mind to a goal and achieved it. 65 miles is a long ass way!!!

thats awesome WE great job bro! i should start riding my bike more.... great for my ice hockey muscles.

Back