Contest - KBS Custom Series Shafts - 3 Winners

It looks like cookie won! Congrats!!!

It looks like cookie won! Congrats!!!

Yes, I did - thanks! I mentioned it here in a few threads as they direct messaged us via Twitter before posting to everyone today. I am extremely stoked about this, ordered the KBS Tour in white - they are going into a new set of Wishon 979SS's! Hopefully all done within 2-3 weeks.

I was reading my twitter feed and saw cookies twitter handle pop up in the KBS contest results tweet. Congrats Cookie!

I was reading my twitter feed and saw cookies twitter handle pop up in the KBS contest results tweet. Congrats Cookie!

Thanks buddy! I will bring these with me in May so anyone that wants to can check them out.

Team Hackers tapping!

Yes, I did - thanks! I mentioned it here in a few threads as they direct messaged us via Twitter before posting to everyone today. I am extremely stoked about this, ordered the KBS Tour in white - they are going into a new set of Wishon 979SS's! Hopefully all done within 2-3 weeks.
I'm hoping they get here soon! I'm super excited to get mine as well. Can't wait to put them into my VR Pro Cav's and put some red grips on those white shafts to match the VR color scheme.

I'm hoping they get here soon! I'm super excited to get mine as well. Can't wait to put them into my VR Pro Cav's and put some red grips on those white shafts to match the VR color scheme.

White/Red NDMC Whiteouts? That would be sexy.

White/Red NDMC Whiteouts? That would be sexy.

I'm thinking VDR's. I don't like the NDMC's one bit. Maybe some Pure's or some red Tour Wrap NG's

I wonder if the non THP winners will get a surprise or if that is THP's way of saying "We rock". Either way I'm super excited to get my shafts in form the twitter contest and can't wait to hear what the surprise is from the THPers.

I'm really impatient with these. I really want them to get here!

Anybody got any idea of the upcharge on these? I am keen on some MP 53's with KBS tours but I'll hold of a while and see how much extra the Custom Series will cost

Patty from Blind9 could tell you. I think when I ordered my 588s it was in the neighborhood of 15-25 a club. I can't remember exactly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Patty from Blind9 could tell you. I think when I ordered my 588s it was in the neighborhood of 15-25 a club. I can't remember exactly!

Cheers, the KBS tours are available on the MP 53's at no extra cost so I can't imagine the Custom Series being overly expensive

I emailed Conrad from KBS the other day asking if I could get 4-PW+AW rather than 3-PW, being as I don't have a 3 iron in my bag. At first it seemed like it was no problem, but today he informed me they can only send out 3-PW sets! :( No big deal though! So now I have a decision as to whether I want to put the Tour Customs in my 4-PW and leave the AW with a stock shaft, or if I want to find a 50* CG14 to match my wedge set. Decisions, decisions...

I emailed Conrad from KBS the other day asking if I could get 4-PW+AW rather than 3-PW, being as I don't have a 3 iron in my bag. At first it seemed like it was no problem, but today he informed me they can only send out 3-PW sets! :( No big deal though! So now I have a decision as to whether I want to put the Tour Customs in my 4-PW and leave the AW with a stock shaft, or if I want to find a 50* CG14 to match my wedge set. Decisions, decisions...

Why not just buy a single KBS Custom shaft for the AW?

Why not just buy a single KBS Custom shaft for the AW?

I suppose I could do that, as well. Thought actually didn't even cross my mind haha. What do they run individually? I don't see the Tour Custom series on their site.

Can't wait until these come in! I've narrowed down my grip choices. With white shafts, I want black grips. I really like the VDR in black but I can't do those blue caps. So my final two choices, I think, are the black Lamken 3GEN with white cap or the NDMC whiteouts in black. At this point, I think I'm going NDMC whiteouts in black with the white shafts. I think it'll look good!

White grips might look nice with white shafts but I feel like I want to see where the shaft ends and the grip begins a little easier.

Can't wait until these come in! I've narrowed down my grip choices. With white shafts, I want black grips. I really like the VDR in black but I can't do those blue caps. So my final two choices, I think, are the black Lamken 3GEN with white cap or the NDMC whiteouts in black. At this point, I think I'm going NDMC whiteouts in black with the white shafts. I think it'll look good!

White grips might look nice with white shafts but I feel like I want to see where the shaft ends and the grip begins a little easier.

THP black and white would look outstanding...Just sayin' :D

That is what is going on my white shafts won in the Twitter contest!

I have to agree with Jwow, black THP pure grips and white shafts is the number baby

I agree. Yours on the Nike's looked great. I just wish I could hold them and feel them before committing to regripping all my clubs. Does Golf Galaxy or Golfsmith carry pure grips? I think there's a new Golfsmith opening near Nashville. I could stop in on my next work trip up there.

Why not just order the AW shaft to match your set? That would be the easiest route since the other shafts are free.

I agree. Yours on the Nike's looked great. I just wish I could hold them and feel them before committing to regripping all my clubs. Does Golf Galaxy or Golfsmith carry pure grips? I think there's a new Golfsmith opening near Nashville. I could stop in on my next work trip up there.
You're an Albatross Club member, order one from the THP Store and try it out.

Why not hard/soft step them. Put the 3 iron shaft in the 4 iron and so on. That will cover all your clubs!

Why not hard/soft step them. Put the 3 iron shaft in the 4 iron and so on. That will cover all your clubs!

I think Conrad said they can't be stepped because of how they make the tips. I could be wrong though.

I don't know much about shafts and I don't even know what stepping is.

Back