5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Quick update I suppose since I haven't updated in a while. On my last weigh in I was down to 227 lbs, and I feel better than ever. I hit a plateau for a few weeks where I was only losing about a pound a week, but I changed up my workout routine and I am back to about 2-3 pounds a week.
Just another 17 or so pounds to go and I will be back to my fighting weight.

After PM'ing back and forth with Schweitzer yesterday about benefits of Full Body Workouts compared to Split training, I decided to start in on a Full body routine. It kicked my a$$ this morning, I was dog tired when leaving the gym. That much pain never felt that good.

Quick update I suppose since I haven't updated in a while. On my last weigh in I was down to 227 lbs, and I feel better than ever. I hit a plateau for a few weeks where I was only losing about a pound a week, but I changed up my workout routine and I am back to about 2-3 pounds a week.
Just another 17 or so pounds to go and I will be back to my fighting weight.
Congratulations and great job. Keep up the good work!

After PM'ing back and forth with Schweitzer yesterday about benefits of Full Body Workouts compared to Split training, I decided to start in on a Full body routine. It kicked my a$$ this morning, I was dog tired when leaving the gym. That much pain never felt that good.

Great job!

I think I can give the big middle finger to the two week plateau. I weighed in today at 211, which is 2.5lbs less than my Monday weigh in. Color me happy.

I did 35 minutes of cardio on Wi last night. Tonight is a scheduled day off. I'm playing 18 tomorrow and especially if I carry my bag that will probably be my exercise.

6 more pounds to reach my goal of 205. Since my goal was 205 by the July Bandon trip and it is starting to look like I could reach that well in advance of July, I'm starting to think about goal v2 - maybe a number that starts with a 1. If I achieved that goal...well I shouldn't get ahead of myself.

Congrats t4k, you will shatter your goal in plenty of time, keep up the good work.

So OG and I got the IdealShape shakes in this week. We ordered 4 canisters of chocolate. Now I wish we had ordered half chocolate and half vanilla because I found some recipes for smoothies http://www.idealshape.com/smoothie-recipes/ but need the vanilla flavor too. I made it through 2 shakes yesterday but I was starving last night. We ended up making a steak, sweet potato and green beans for supper. I need to be more organized with my meal plan. Shakes are going to be easy for me but I wonder how they will work out for OG. I don't see him replacing two meals a day with a shake.

I adopted a big shelter dog and we've been walking every day. She wears me out because we don't have a fence yet and I have to keep her on a leash until the wireless one I ordered comes in. Of course, she loves to walk and check out every nook and granny of our yard.

I plan to follow you two and the shake diet, I may could replace one meal a day with one but I seriouly doubt two. I like to eat too much. :D

Roxie is a cutie, I can't wait to meet her. She will certainly become your work out buddy.

I plan to follow you two and the shake diet, I may could replace one meal a day with one but I seriouly doubt two. I like to eat too much. :D

Roxie is a cutie, I can't wait to meet her. She will certainly become your work out buddy.

We both like to eat too much but I'm tired of this extra weight and feel these shakes might help me jump start a weight loss. I'm finally becoming more active since I'm feeling better so hopefully that will help too. I'm walking a couple miles a day now but that's because the weather is so beautiful. Roxie loves the walks around the subdivision and she keeps me preoccupied where I don't think about food all the time.

Began the week with a 45 minute workout with my trainer, great way to start the week. I found out this morning he is leaving the gym and he introduced me to my new trainer, seems like a nice guy but I have enjoyed my current guy. He did give me a great compliment when he introduced me to my new guy he told him I am not a "Diva" and don't complain but try to do everything the way he tells me to. I did appreciate that as I have been working hard to learn the correct way to do all of these new to me exercises on equipment that is unfamilar to me.

Began the week with a 45 minute workout with my trainer, great way to start the week. I found out this morning he is leaving the gym and he introduced me to my new trainer, seems like a nice guy but I have enjoyed my current guy. He did give me a great compliment when he introduced me to my new guy he told him I am not a "Diva" and don't complain but try to do everything the way he tells me to. I did appreciate that as I have been working hard to learn the correct way to do all of these new to me exercises on equipment that is unfamilar to me.

It's always good to not be a "Diva" especially in the gym. It doesn't matter how much weight you lift or how many reps you do, if you're not doing the excersise properly you won't see the results you're looking for, or worse, you might hurt yourself. Hopefully this new guy will help take your program to the next level! Awesome job so far DD.

So a few pages back I talked about cutting back on your sugar intake to help get rid of stubbon fat (i.e. belly fat, back fat). For the next week I'm cutting my sugar intake and thought I'd provide todays "menu" to get an idea of what I'm eating to acheieve these results

Calories: 1760
Sugars: 35g.

Meal 1: 8 egg whites, 1 piece cinamon raisin ezikiel bread. 1/2tbsp sugar free jam.
Meal 2: 1/2 Cliff Builder Bar
Meal 3: 1 sliced cucumber, 2-3oz of hummus, 1 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt, 2 teaspoons of agave nectar (for the yogurt)
Meal 4: Veggie straws Garden Vegatable (1 bag/38 straws), 1 string cheese (lowfat)
Meal 5: 8 oz Grilled Chicken w/mixed veggies
Meal 6: 10 oz Steamed Shrimp, 5 oz mushrooms

I missed this initially but I'm glad to see it now. I hope you see the type of gains that I did!

It's always good to not be a "Diva" especially in the gym. It doesn't matter how much weight you lift or how many reps you do, if you're not doing the excersise properly you won't see the results you're looking for, or worse, you might hurt yourself. Hopefully this new guy will help take your program to the next level! Awesome job so far DD.

So a few pages back I talked about cutting back on your sugar intake to help get rid of stubbon fat (i.e. belly fat, back fat). For the next week I'm cutting my sugar intake and thought I'd provide todays "menu" to get an idea of what I'm eating to acheieve these results

Meal 1: 8 egg whites, 1 piece cinamon raisin ezikiel bread. 1/2tbsp sugar free jam.
Meal 2: 1/2 Cliff Builder Bar
Meal 3: 1 sliced cucumber, 2-3oz of hummus, 1 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt, 2 teaspoons of agave nectar (for the yogurt)
Meal 4: Veggie straws Garden Vegatable (1 bag/38 straws), 1 string cheese (lowfat)
Meal 5: 8 oz Grilled Chicken w/mixed veggies
Meal 6: 10 oz Steamed Shrimp, 5 oz mushrooms

What's your total protein intake for the day if you don't mind me asking?

What's your total protein intake for the day if you don't mind me asking?

I try to keep it between 150-200g. I go by the "1 ounce of protein for every lb you are." I weigh 190. I forgot to mention my daily protein shake which has 2g of sugar. So that makes my sugar total 37g. With my shake my protein total above is 198g.

I try to keep it between 150-200g. I go by the "1 ounce of protein for every lb you are." I weigh 190. I forgot to mention my daily protein shake which has 2g of sugar. So that makes my sugar total 37g. With my shake my protein total above is 198g.

That's great. I am the same as you in that I try and get 1g/lb. Thanks for that menu!

So this is probably a really stupid question but I was wondering about sugar substitutes - can we use them or do they need to be eliminated too. Honey? Sweat and low?

So this is probably a really stupid question but I was wondering about sugar substitutes - can we use them or do they need to be eliminated too. Honey? Sweat and low?

As you can see in meal 1 and 3 I use a sugar substitute. The sugar free jelly I use has splenda in it. I also use Xyletol which is a natural sweetner that I use to cook with. Meal 3 I use agave nectar which is amazing, you can use it as a substitute for sugar in just about any recipe. It does have calories and sugar in it, but you don't need to use much of it. It's 1.5X's as sweet as regular sugar so you don't need much. The key is to help remove the processed white sugar from your diet. Your body reacts differently when it intakes processed sugar compared to products like stevia and agave nectar/syrup. A treat for myself during my low sugar cycle is a scoop or two of natural peanut butter or my new favorite, all-natural almond butter.

KellyBo and I just got back from walking our cow er dog 1 1/2 miles around the neighborhood. I think she walks us more than we walk her as she is strong as a bull :bulgy-eyes:! I just chugged down a good cold meal replacement meal and now off to the gym for a couple hours of heavy weight training. I start my day off doing 30 minutes on the elliptical machine then on to the weights. The bench presses are only 250 lbs this week (10 reps x 2) as I tweaked a muscle in my right top side of my arm. The rest of my stuff is from 100 to 150 lbs per machine doing 10 reps x 3 for each exercise. I do more machine reps than the free weights. After they gym work, coming home for a shower and then off to the golf course for an afternoon of fun!

Had a good chest workout today. Hopped on the scale and I'm down to 191 from 193 last week. Woohoo.

Chest/Abs Workout

Bench Press- 4 sets 12 reps
Flat Chest Flyes- 4 sets 8-12 reps
Inclice Bench Press- 4 sets 12 reps
Cable Crossover- 4 sets 12-15 reps

Abs
Swiss Ball Crunch-4 sets 30-50 reps
Spider Crunch- Failure
Reverse Crunch of Decline Bench-4 sets- 12 reps.

Nice work Mardin! Keep it up buddy.

I've been stuck in neutral the last week or so but I'm not gaining, just not losing due to a weekend trip to Wisconsin and eating poorly. I'm leaving for a golf trip with the fellas today so this weekend won't be much better but I'll be coming back Sunday ready to go full steam ahead as the outing/cruise approach.

Last time I bought Nike Golf shorts I had to get a size 42 (last summer right before the outing). I picked up a pair last night from the golf shop, I was looking for 38's because that's what I wear for my work pants, leaves me a little room which I like...well they didn't have any 38's in the pair I wanted so I just grabbed a 36, figured I was using pro shop credit from early season winnings so if they were a little snug early on I'd be ok since I didn't fork out $60. I get home and slide them on...perfect fit! Holy crap that was awesome!

I've been stuck in neutral the last week or so but I'm not gaining, just not losing due to a weekend trip to Wisconsin and eating poorly. I'm leaving for a golf trip with the fellas today so this weekend won't be much better but I'll be coming back Sunday ready to go full steam ahead as the outing/cruise approach.

Last time I bought Nike Golf shorts I had to get a size 42 (last summer right before the outing). I picked up a pair last night from the golf shop, I was looking for 38's because that's what I wear for my work pants, leaves me a little room which I like...well they didn't have any 38's in the pair I wanted so I just grabbed a 36, figured I was using pro shop credit from early season winnings so if they were a little snug early on I'd be ok since I didn't fork out $60. I get home and slide them on...perfect fit! Holy crap that was awesome!

WOW! I am totally impressed Jason! Great job man :clapp:

It's such a good feeling, isn't it. That awesome man, down 3 pants sizes~!

WOW! I am totally impressed Jason! Great job man :clapp:

It's such a good feeling, isn't it. That awesome man, down 3 pants sizes~!
Thanks guys! It's been a long time since 36's fit me this well. I've got one pair of brand new khaki's in size 36 that I've only been able to wear a couple times, tried those on with great success as well. If I keep this up I'll be in a 28 like Cookie in no time. :D

GReat work Jake, you are one slim handsome fella, and I can see everyday how much work you are doing.

Today was weigh in day and I'm down another 2 pounds to weigh 226 lbs right now. Thats 24 pounds now total and about 16 to go.

GReat work Jake, you are one slim handsome fella, and I can see everyday how much work you are doing.

Today was weigh in day and I'm down another 2 pounds to weigh 226 lbs right now. Thats 24 pounds now total and about 16 to go.

very nice CB! you too Jaker

Rock on Breezy! Great work buddy, thanks for the encouragement both CB and ddec. It feels great not to be such a fat slob. I wonder if playing golf on the surface of the sun (Florida) next month will be a little easier on me? I imagine it should be.

Back