Staff Bags & Using Them

The only comment I got yesterday was a couple guy admiring my push cart lol. In the end, I think most golf enthusiasts can appreciate cool equipment. I always check out the gear in my partner's bag because I want to hear what they think of it.

Yep. I could give two flying flips what anyone plays. Especially chunky.

I have never owned a staff bag but my 18 handicap wouldn't prevent me from doing so. At all. I think they're friggin' awesome. Just haven't shelled out the bucks for one yet.

Man, for all the talk of people hating on guys with staff bags, I haven't seen it yet. At least not to my face. There are plenty of guys at my club that carry them and they've been nothing but nice in my experience. A bag doesn't make a guy a tool from what I've seen. I still think the Guy Johnson type is mostly a myth.

I'm with you Hawk, not once has anyone ever made a comment about mine other than asking where I got it. Usually people say that it would seem convenient to have that much space, which it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love my Titlesit bag. Had a TM special edition before that. The Winged Foot one. Got a ton of compliments on that bag. Never had anyone hate to my face. Both of my brothers want one now. They do give me a hard time cause of the room it takes up in the trunk. But that's about it!

The only comments about my staff bag are from me. If I do happen to hit a good shot, which isn't terribly often, I usually say, "I hit that shot because I'm a good golfer. You can tell because I have a staff bag."

I am usually self-deficatng on the course.

The only comments about my staff bag are from me. If I do happen to hit a good shot, which isn't terribly often, I usually say, "I hit that shot because I'm a good golfer. You can tell because I have a staff bag."

I am usually self-deficatng on the course.

I have to agree I tend to that too! It sure feels great to hit a nice 300 yard drive straight down the middle off the first tee when you're playing with strangers that are saying look at that wannabe with the staff bag. I usually outdrive them and tend to get to the green in two while they hack away! perhaps the staff bag makes us play better!!

But is the cheaper?? If its $200 cheaper, could be worth it to someone who really wants a staff bag but can't afford the really thing. Only the staff bag conosouier will be able to tell. Most people will see the staff bag and keep on walking. Its kind of like the "Folex" aka fake Rolex. Only a watch guy will be able to spot a fake from the corner of eye. I have one and people who don't know better think I spent a ton. Not my intention being a watch guy. I just want a nice beater watch to not worry about scratching for daily use.

What name do you call someone who is into staff bags? In the audio world they are audiophiles, photography they are photogs, watch....I forget the term. But you get the picture.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

The sad thing is most of these fake bags cost about the same amount as a real one, sometimes there might only be a $50-100 difference.

I have to agree I tend to that too! It sure feels great to hit a nice 300 yard drive straight down the middle off the first tee when you're playing with strangers that are saying look at that wannabe with the staff bag. I usually outdrive them and tend to get to the green in two while they hack away! perhaps the staff bag makes us play better!!

Yeah, I've never done that.

lol me neither. I double bogeyed the first hole yesterday after sending a bunker shot about 30 yards and over the green, but I really do like staff bags.

Staff bags are awesome.

I have a Cleveland Staff bag that I used to keep all my extra clubs in at my home office. It simply will not fit in my S2000's trunk, I had to drive home from the store with it seat belted into the passenger seat.

I have a Cleveland Staff bag that I used to keep all my extra clubs in at my home office. It simply will not fit in my S2000's trunk, I had to drive home from the store with it seat belted into the passenger seat.
I drive around with mine in the passenger seat just so people know I have a Staff bag.

What did all you Morgan cup guys do with your staff bags from last year? Do you guys play them or do they sit around as fancy decorative pieces or hold clubs haha.

What did all you Morgan cup guys do with your staff bags from last year? Do you guys play them or do they sit around as fancy decorative pieces or hold clubs haha.

It holds my clubs. However I still use a different staff bag. Or my THP Stand Bag, however usually I use the Srixon Limited staff bag that the fine members of this site got me at the outing.

right now it's in my living room holding my putters. I used it for a little while after MC, but I didn't like how it fit on my push cart.

It holds my clubs. However I still use a different staff bag. Or my THP Stand Bag, however usually I use the Srixon Limited staff bag that the fine members of this site got me at the outing.

That is the xoolest bag ever made!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Is there pics of that anywhere? I've always heard how cool it is and I sort of want to see what it looks like.

I love the shark on that it looks awesome

from what i know about guys who used to caddy on tour and guys i know who were mini tour guys and guys that know big time tour guys
they love staff bags cuz theyre free
they have a ton of them cuz theyre free
they get paid to have them
other than that...
ive heard they cant stand them because...
they are the ones lugging them around through busy airports
they are heavy as hell when they arent on a cart
they take up alot of space especially if you arent a top level player and use lots of shared motels/ rental cars

having said that... i want as many staff bags as i can get a hold of cuz to me theyre cool hahaha

How do you guys use your staff bags, do you fit them on a cart? If so how(pictures if possible) do you have to use some macgyver creation to fit it on? Or do you push them on a push cart or walk?

How do you guys use your staff bags, do you fit them on a cart? If so how(pictures if possible) do you have to use some macgyver creation to fit it on? Or do you push them on a push cart or walk?

i use my taylormade r11 staff bag on my electric trolley and it fits ok, it does mean the back pocket can be difficult to use so i tend to put extra towels and gloves in there.

5b3b7fa0.jpg

e88cc757.jpg

i also just got the smaller version of this bag the tour cart bag and its a little smaller and fits on the cart a bit better

Picture002.jpg

Staff bags are just so clunky, and they don't even have 14 way dividers. I say unless you are sponsored, it is a good idea to just go with a cart bag. Admitted, staff bags are 100000000 times cooler

Tappin!

Back