GHIN revision day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.0 (own from 3.4) thanks to 71 Saturday a week ago

My 69 from a tourney and a 70 the next day took me from 0.7 to +0.3 wahoooo. I made a big improvement in my swing the past two weeks as well so hopefully we can keep the gravy train rolling.

Revision DateHandicap Index
5/1/2012+0.3
4/15/20120.7
4/1/20120.8
3/15/20120.9
3/1/20121.2
2/15/20121.5
2/1/20121.9
1/15/20122.1
1/1/20122.3
12/15/20113.1
12/1/20113.1
11/15/20113.1
11/1/20113.1
10/15/20113.1
10/1/20113.1
9/15/20113.1
9/1/20112.7
8/15/20112.8
8/1/20114

Great stuff Marc! Proud of ya man :clapp:

Down 3 tenths to 14.1. Not sure how it dropped as I am struggling with irons.

Well, my club just started on the GHIN system this year. Since I entered no scores in it last year (did it all on Fairway Files) my HCP was very inaccurate the first time around. Having entered scores from last year and all the ones this year, it dropped from my 2010 HCP of 13.4 to my real, current HCP of 9.5! Very happy to have it back on track and see how I do throughout the year.....

up to a 2.7 thanks to some bad tournament scores this past weekend.

mine went up from 8.6 to 9.0 :mad: guess it's only because i've only entered bout 7 rounds in my calculation app. for my itouch

My wind powered doubled bogeys are coming back to haunt me a little bit.. Nothing like going into 16 +1 and finishing +6!!

Anywho, up to a 5.0 from 4.4.. Time for some decent weather so I can hit the range!

Finally got my update from Florida - down a whopping .1 to 14.4

The i20 effect has set in: down to 7.7 from 8.3

I have a 92 and a crappy 94 counting against me...its 80's or bust on sunday!

May 15 revision. 4.1 up from 3.5 with 91 rounds this year. Some 72s fell off the bottom of the list for this revision and have been replaced by higher scores.

Mine went down to 15.0 and should continue to drop through the next several updates.

Down to 14.4 still got some fugly scores in there and just realized I only played 2.5 rounds in last 2 weeks...unacceptable

Still not good 11.5.

Sent from my DROID X2

Same 14.4

Posted via taptalk

Same 14.4

Posted via taptalk

I stayed the same as well at 5.0. Of course that is because I have not played golf.

14.5, ouch. Going the wrong direction.

Being new here and new to serious golf, not country golf. Would someone either PM me or explain what this is and how do I check mine?

Thanks
Travis

Being new here and new to serious golf, not country golf. Would someone either PM me or explain what this is and how do I check mine?

Thanks
Travis

The GHIN handicap system is the USGA approved way to keep track of your golf handicap index. Basically, its a mathematical way to keep track of your level of play compared to other golfers who use the same system. The USGA uses it as a qualification criteria for their amateur championships and many clubs use it to sort players into different groups (often called flights) for tournaments. It is useful because it helps 'level the playing field' so similar quality of players compete against each other more fairly. It can also be used in casual rounds or side betting between players to make the game a bit more fair between players of different abilities.

THP is currently working with the GHIN folks to establish a group here for our members. Lower numbers mean you are a better player and should shoot lower scores. High numbers (like mine) mean you need more practice.

I stayed the same as well at 5.0. Of course that is because I have not played golf.

Yea, I'm still hanging on to a round or two that makes me seem better than I am. I may just stop playing to keep it where it is.

The GHIN handicap system is the USGA approved way to keep track of your golf handicap index. Basically, its a mathematical way to keep track of your level of play compared to other golfers who use the same system. The USGA uses it as a qualification criteria for their amateur championships and many clubs use it to sort players into different groups (often called flights) for tournaments. It is useful because it helps 'level the playing field' so similar quality of players compete against each other more fairly. It can also be used in casual rounds or side betting between players to make the game a bit more fair between players of different abilities.

THP is currently working with the GHIN folks to establish a group here for our members. Lower numbers mean you are a better player and should shoot lower scores. High numbers (like mine) mean you need more practice.

Thank you,

Where can I sign up? Just go to USGA?

I believe I answered my own question. Amazing what you find my using Google search

Minimal change, 10.2 to 10.1.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

I believe I answered my own question. Amazing what you find my using Google search

and keep an eye out because theres a good chance you can signup for one through THP, the details will probably be coming out in the next few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back