What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
93, what a brutal day. I had so many doubles and a few triples on both 9's. I seriously need new shafts, the CTaper S+ is way to stiff for me. I just do not understand why the ball flight and numbers were so good when I was fit...

76 not to bad 38 ,38 with a double on hole 1 and on hole 18 guess it was all good in the middle on a par 71 course

Shot 76 on Panther lake with 41 on the front, 35 on the back.
1 birdie, 3 pars, 4 bogies & double on front
1 eagle, 2 birdie, 3 pars & 3 bogies on the back.
One 3 putt each side....it was a fun round

96 on a par 72. My personal best was an 84 here last year.

2nd round in a row that I did not sink a single putt, all were conceded after bad 2 or 3 putts.

Stupid club selection errors and bad shot decisions. Remarkably I was crushing my irons, but the odd time I got a little quick and ended up with with snap hooks when I really did not need them.

Highlight of the day? 6 iron into a par 3 (181 yards), stopped 8 inches short of a hole in one. Led to the only birdie of the day for me. On a course with plenty of sand, i didn't end up in a bunker all day.

Shot a 46 over 9 holes yesterday. Never really got into a rythem, and was lucky to keep it sub-50.

Shot 93 yesterday lol. 40 putts and the 3 triples, 3 doubles kinda hurt my score. I just didn't have my iron distances down which hurt plus I can't hit a full or 3/4 shot with my sand wedge. Straight right at a 45* angle. On the bright side on the front 9 I hit 6/7 fw's and was pretty much on the rest of the round too. Just one pull and one slice (which found the fairway). It's funny because the score and stats don't reflect how well I was hitting the ball. Fun round with Redlyne Theory once again.

Don't laugh. 149. How many times are you allowed to say that you are done with this game before you have to actually quit?

As long as you are having a good time, don't worry about your score. It'll come down a bit at a time as the skills improve.

Thanks for the positive thoughts. Wish I had some. Fun left the game a LONG time ago.

Thanks for the positive thoughts. Wish I had some. Fun left the game a LONG time ago.

I think it's natural to get upset at the game. Maybe some lessons might help? Even just some pointers from Golftec might be enough to get you back in form. I know there are times when it just doesn't seem to come together but I think you can get there.

Ryan, I'm new too... Only been playing at it for 10 months. But I practice 2-3 times a week at the range and try to play at least once a week. Until late last month my playing partner didn't even make me keep "real score", I didn't count bad drives off the tee, didn't count lost balls, drops or anything.

Last month I started counting everything... And surprising my "score" was around the same as when I didn't count stuff - translated, I had improved.

Be patient, forget about the score, enjoy being out with friends and practice on your own. Something about this game drew you... Get back to that place and then learn.

Yeah, I wish. Time and funds have cut golf back to either one round a month or a couple of range sessions a month at this point. It might be time to just put them up for a few months. At the end of the year last year, things were looking promising. Contact was getting better, but distance was going away - probably due to age, lol - but then since January I have fought the lefts. So, in trying to make adjustments for that I've lost it all. I got a total of 4 shots in the air today. I've never had that kind of trouble getting the ball in the air before. It might not be straight, but it was at least up there.

Spazz - I am far from new. If I told you how long I've been playing this game, you'd probably tell me to go ahead and give up now. Trust me. :banghead:

78 on a par 71. Started out with a birdie on the first hole, but things got pretty erratic after that. Drove the ball all over the place, and kept scrambling. Hit 7 greens, and was putting like a pro.

Yeah, I wish. Time and funds have cut golf back to either one round a month or a couple of range sessions a month at this point. It might be time to just put them up for a few months. At the end of the year last year, things were looking promising. Contact was getting better, but distance was going away - probably due to age, lol - but then since January I have fought the lefts. So, in trying to make adjustments for that I've lost it all. I got a total of 4 shots in the air today. I've never had that kind of trouble getting the ball in the air before. It might not be straight, but it was at least up there.

Spazz - I am far from new. If I told you how long I've been playing this game, you'd probably tell me to go ahead and give up now. Trust me. :banghead:

Those are the worst days man. I think you're right, maybe some time away. Or hell even just start with the short game. Putting and chipping should put you back in a good spot contact wise and you could go from there.

brother is in town and you know what that means... bad scoring day lol

+8/+10 90
all things considering i actually played really well except 4 blow up holes
driver was reeduckyouluss
baby draws/fades the whole round... and long(for me)
i only missed 2 fw's today...
one was because i was trying to reach the front edge of the green from 275 and instead hit a 260yrd draw that caught the edge of the water hazard... the other miss was a yard or two on the edge of the rough

iron play was irratic... even had a few shanks

putting was crazy and shoulda had way more go in from long long distances

at least i beat my bro by 9 shots lol

41/42 83. An ok round score wise for a tough course I play twice a year, but horrible as well as I played without putting. These greens simply kicked my arse. Driver kept me in the fw all day and the iron's were kicking it like never before. I hit greens I've never reached, just could not get the ball in the hole. I left at least 8 strokes out there and that's being kind.

+11. Not bad. I was +4 on the front but the wind really picked up on the inward 9. Must've been 25-30 mph for the last 6 holes. Ping i20's were wonderful, BTW.

80 at Grand Cypress New course. With a couple notable exceptions, really hit the ball well today. Much better than my last 2 rounds. Didn't score at all, but left the course feeling like I'm moving in the right direction. Gotta make a few putts (35 today) - but they'll come.

80 at Grand Cypress New course. With a couple notable exceptions, really hit the ball well today. Much better than my last 2 rounds. Didn't score at all, but left the course feeling like I'm moving in the right direction. Gotta make a few putts (35 today) - but they'll come.

72 of us will be picking up the birdie you left you there next weekend.
Glad you are seeing positive movement

43 46

Had a stupid double on the 2nd hole par 5 after being pin high in 3
Back 9 had to penalty strokes off the tee back to back

Left some out there but scrambled well

72 of us will be picking up the birdie you left you there next weekend.
Glad you are seeing positive movement

Thanks. I left plenty to go around. Really enjoyed the New course. First time I've played it. You guys will have a great time. Fairways were flawless - greens a little sparse but very fast and rolling well.

Thanks. I left plenty to go around. Really enjoyed the New course. First time I've played it. You guys will have a great time. Fairways were flawless - greens a little sparse but very fast and rolling well.

That what I wanted to hear, fast green and fast fairways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back