What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
90 (49-41) at Tiffany Springs Golf Club from the blues. +8 on the 4 par 5's alone. Ouch. Need to get that under control before heading to FL

90 is a killer score on that course. The best I've ever shot there was a 98 late last year when the rough was down and I was playing from the blues which I have found that even though it's longer, for some reason I sometimes play better. Probably because I just know i'm gonna muck it all up from back there. Are you a member of The Club? I was thinking about joining that next year, since I've played 3 of the 5 courses, but can't afford the $50 to $70 a round they ask for it most of the time.

89 today. Started terrible (double-double), ended the front nine terrible (double-double). Had a little hiccup on 15 (double).

Played a very enjoyable 18 with the wife today. Ended up with an 83. Missed a few opportunities but overall was happy with my round. Hoping to play a quick round in am and then I'm to FL for the outing.

Thanks Nate & MC Cook yes it is quite the barrier was afraid to add my score until I finished although I knew I had 40 on the front - didn't want to know where I was going into 18
Well done!

Played 18 at Circling Raven with the wife and another couple. I shot 41 + 34 = 75 3 over.

90 is a killer score on that course. The best I've ever shot there was a 98 late last year when the rough was down and I was playing from the blues which I have found that even though it's longer, for some reason I sometimes play better. Probably because I just know i'm gonna muck it all up from back there. Are you a member of The Club? I was thinking about joining that next year, since I've played 3 of the 5 courses, but can't afford the $50 to $70 a round they ask for it most of the time.

I am not a member, but found a deal for $32 using the THP golf now link. I like the blues better because I can hit driver more and am not between clubs as much. All the par 3s are pretty rough from back there though. The club does look great. Wedding season is ramping up so I wont join it this year, but will for sure next year.

Golf was easy last weekend, as I shot a 79 which could have been a lot better.

As easy as it was then... it was equally, or even more so frustrating/difficult this weekend. Below are the stats - this game is deflating at times...

Shot 90 on Saturday.
2/18 GIR
4/14 FWH
34 Putts

If not for a few nice lag putts from a long ways away to tap in range - it could have been a lot worse. Played a course that I have only play like 2 or 3 times, and last played a year ago or more, it was tough to get anything going. Out in 48 which included 1 triple and 2 doubles. Stopped the doubles or worse on the back and shot 42 with 2 pars and 7 bogeys. Par 71.

With a huge month coming up in June all culminating in my buddies 4 day member-guest (which we have been awful during the last two years) - I need to turn this around soon!

Went out and played for Mother's day with ddec's mom. We played our old home course that seemed so easy to walk compared to our new home course. I shot a 49 with 3 doubles and 6 bogeys. I would say a very consistent round. I had been having a problem with hitting a lot of low grounders and if I did catch it good everything was going left. ddec and I spent the past couple rounds and some range time working on my grip. Happy to say I feel my game is outing ready!!

Thanks and....by far my favorite club in the bag right now. so easy to hit and very accurate

That RAZR Fit 3W will be deadly for you in the MC, dude. You were smoking some tee shots with it.

Had a very good day yesterday ending up breaking 90 (1st time). Shot an 86 on par 72. Was the first time playing with my new wedges and what a difference it made. Can't wait till next weekend.

Had a very good day yesterday ending up breaking 90 (1st time). Shot an 86 on par 72. Was the first time playing with my new wedges and what a difference it made. Can't wait till next weekend.

That's awesome!!

Played on Saturday, and shot a 46-38.....couldn't make anything on the front, and didn't miss much on the back...:confused2:

Played on Saturday, and shot a 46-38.....couldn't make anything on the front, and didn't miss much on the back...:confused2:

I hear ya, I shot 43-35, PB over 9 on the back, but struggled mightily on the front. Still don't know what changed at the turn

I hear ya, I shot 43-35, PB over 9 on the back, but struggled mightily on the front. Still don't know what changed at the turn

With me, I just went into the "I don't care" mode, and made 3 bogey's and a birdie...rest were pars. Wish I could do that a bit more often. :D

Slightly frustrating 86. Wind seems to be hurting me lately.

I shot an 88, and was very happy with it after having a blow up 100+ round on Friday. It was a nice day out on the course, and well worth the $20 green fee.

IMG_20120514_105021.jpg

I went out in 37 and came home in 36 for a 1 over round of 73 today.

Hit 11/14 fairways
Hit 15/18 greens
Had 35 freaking putts
2 birdies
3 bogeys
13 pars

Really disappointed in my putting lately. While its nice to hit so many greens in regulation my proximity to the hole today was pretty dang good. I simply cannot convert. It's getting extremely frustrating.

Great score TC but man half your strokes are putts bro. You get that putter figured out and those scores are going to be stellar dude. Nice going though, 73 is a hell of a great score.

Great score TC but man half your strokes are putts bro. You get that putter figured out and those scores are going to be stellar dude. Nice going though, 73 is a hell of a great score.

I'm starting to get frustrated Jake. I mean, I can be realistic and accept that hitting more GIRs typically equates to more putts but I had some excellent chances today that just weren't even close. Easy pars but I'm just not scoring.

Played Saturday in rainy and windy conditions. Bogeys on the first 3 holes with no warm up, have to quit doing that, then played the last 15 holes at 1 over with lots of pars, two bogeys and one birdie, 4 over 76.

I'm starting to get frustrated Jake. I mean, I can be realistic and accept that hitting more GIRs typically equates to more putts but I had some excellent chances today that just weren't even close. Easy pars but I'm just not scoring.
That'll wear on you for sure. Do you think it's the putter or something up with your stroke?

Proof that no matter how good we get, it will never be good enough! Great shooting TC.

Hit 11/14 fairways
Hit 15/18 greens
Had 35 freaking putts
2 birdies
3 bogeys
13 pars

Really disappointed in my putting lately. While its nice to hit so many greens in regulation my proximity to the hole today was pretty dang good. I simply cannot convert. It's getting extremely frustrating.

That'll wear on you for sure. Do you think it's the putter or something up with your stroke?

I don't know dude. I want to break things.

Hit 11/14 fairways
Hit 15/18 greens
Had 35 freaking putts
2 birdies
3 bogeys
13 pars

Good shooting! My numbers have been similar but shooting 75-82 range for a while now but I feel your pain! It has been forever since I made more than a putt or two per round. And a boat load of three putts thrown in for good measure. I haven't got to play in three days but have putted in between rain showers several times, find out tomorrow if anything helped. Frustrations of the flat stick continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back