The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh i have no voice now and im tired of hacking up nasty stuff.

The Outing picture thread bogging down my phone. Can't wait to go home and catch up!!

so the ppl ive been waiting to talk to forever called back when i was out... how lame

Guy at work came in today and shot a 77 yesterday; a personal best as he's about a 15 handicapper. I congratulated him and told him that his handicap will now probably be a 12 after the next revisions. He replies, "Oh no, I'm not posting this round. This will kill my handicap and we have the member/member tournament in 3 weeks." I told him that wasn't right and he replied, "Everyone at the club does it. They never post their good rounds."

Nice.....real nice.

Guy at work came in today and shot a 77 yesterday; a personal best as he's about a 15 handicapper. I congratulated him and told him that his handicap will now probably be a 12 after the next revisions. He replies, "Oh no, I'm not posting this round. This will kill my handicap and we have the member/member tournament in 3 weeks." I told him that wasn't right and he replied, "Everyone at the club does it. They never post their good rounds."

Nice.....real nice.

this is why I dont bet with people I dont know.

Nice.....real nice.

See, makes me glad I'm not in a league right now. I want to get my HC as low as I possibly can and show it off. lol

See, makes me glad I'm not in a league right now. I want to get my HC as low as I possibly can and show it off. lol

im the same way i guess guys want to sandbag which is BS imo.

Nice.....real nice.

I hate stuff like that. Am I the one of the few that wants to see their handicap go down? Geez...

Yeah I don't see the point if you aren't trying to get better results.. That would
Really bother me
If someone I knew did that

Sent from my iPhone

its a shame that he treated you that way... i would have told him to his face that hey you were a good customer and that he'd be losing your business and your friends business and their friends business etc

Yeah i wish I did, I didn't really think of it cause I was so mad haha, either way I bought everything from him, my irons, driver, woods, bags etc, and I came in once a week to buy stuff, I haven't been there since!

Agreed. I played in a scramble for a charity with my FIL and some of his buddies a couple weeks back and they needed my handicap, we barely lost and had I fudged my HC like a LOT of guys out there had done we'd have won it...but I don't want to win like that. Where's the fun in that?

This is at our club and I'm sure this happens at other clubs as well. Our club tries to manage it by cross checking the tee sheet with the people that posted their scores but when they venture off to other courses then it can't be done. But those MGA events have money plus Ryder Cup points plus pro shop credit tied to how well you do, I guess there are just those guys that want the highest handicap they can possible have so they are in the $$$$ for everything.

So stupid.

Agreed. I played in a scramble for a charity with my FIL and some of his buddies a couple weeks back and they needed my handicap, we barely lost and had I fudged my HC like a LOT of guys out there had done we'd have won it...but I don't want to win like that. Where's the fun in that?

That's noble, some people are ridiculous

That's noble, some people are ridiculous

Agreed, and it was for the local Boys Ranches....why cheat for a charity event? Crazy I tell you!

Nothing worse than leaving the Outing only to have the most stressful week of work I will have all year. :at-wits-end:

I feel like I am coming down with the dreaded spring time cold. I am one of those people, I never get full blown, deathly sick. I just feel crappy for two week freaking weeks, run down, no energy, stuffy head and nose. Kelly gets violently ill and feels better in two days. I have to deal with this crap forever. I would rather get full blown sick, than this skirt the edges crap, which is double worse, if you ask me.

I feel like I am coming down with the dreaded spring time cold. I am one of those people, I never get full blown, deathly sick. I just feel crappy for two week freaking weeks, run down, no energy, stuffy head and nose. Kelly gets violently ill and feels better in two days. I have to deal with this crap forever. I would rather get full blown sick, than this skirt the edges crap, which is double worse, if you ask me.
i hate spring/summer flu... especially when the weather is perfect

Yeah I don't see the point if you aren't trying to get better results.. That would
Really bother me
If someone I knew did that

My club is pretty legit, i shot a 97 thinking i have no chance and ended up winning second. My handicap is a 20. Ive seen other clubs tournament scores and winning scores would be something like 59-68 or something like that. with my handicap i posted a 77 so i thought no way. Anyways a buddy of mine whom been a member for the longest time there said its pretty legit. I play in northern california at Ancil Hoffman, and i believe it is the largest mens club around.

My wife is crying because my sister is being nasty to her (as usual) because my wife planned a surprise party for my birthday before the baby comes in July (my birthday is July 25th) and my sister cant make it. My sister is so mean and nasty to everyone so she is just really being passive aggressively nasty to my wife. So now I know about the surprise party. I really just need a vacation by myself.

I need a legit group of golf buddies.

My buddy just ditched me for the round tomorrow we've had planned for a week. I shall play alone and have a blast, but alone is getting old.

The Golf Channel shows have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many commercials. Good thing we DVR everything.

My buddy just ditched me for the round tomorrow we've had planned for a week. I shall play alone and have a blast, but alone is getting old.

Wish I could make it down there tomorrow, we'd rule the roost. Liz is heading that way and staying in Wichita with her daughter, I should head that way.

Oh you have one of those too. And yes it does get old golfing alone...WTF???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back