SCOR Wedges Review - THP Demo Day

Most likely not. Although it depends who you ask and what a PW is. I like irons strong lofted and since that is the case, and I normally eliminate a 4 iron, I can add an extra wedge. If I were to add them right now, I would go 49, 53, 57, 61.

And guess what? The beauty with SCOR is that I can do that.

True that. So 4* gaps across the board. That's nice. Dang it! I need to hit these soon. Honestly, I want to support SCOR. Shawn's been incredible in his dealings with THP. The tester's have been great, and it seems as though these things were popular. That's always a good sign. I would ponder something in the 46/47* range to be honest.

True that. So 4* gaps across the board. That's nice. Dang it! I need to hit these soon. Honestly, I want to support SCOR. Shawn's been incredible in his dealings with THP. The tester's have been great, and it seems as though these things were popular. That's always a good sign. I would ponder something in the 46/47* range to be honest.

I've been hearing some interesting things in the wind about lefty wedges...

I want to try out a PW replacement. These seem like they would work perfectly for that. I probably will not end up with a SCOR or SCORs unfortunately, but boy oh boy do they catch my eye. I always come into the SCOR threads. They've been great with THP.

THey had lefty offerings at the Outing. That's unreal.

I realize this. And I'm very jealous of those who hit these, LOL.

man I can't believe the amount of positive feedback these babies receive!!

Sent from my iPhone

I'd like to thank Scor for being a big part of the outing.
I took a 52* and 60* to the practice green, I started out hitting longer chips into the green and really liked the weight of the club and the bounce really interacted well with the ground. I found that shots checked up very well also. I'm really interested in incorporating a few of the wedges into my bag.

Nice thoughts guys! SCOR looks like a really golfer friendly company. I will look for their stuff in the future.

I'm another one that tried the SCOR's and walked away impressed. First off, they look great. I like the nice clean looks on clubs and these fit the bill. I spent time with the 50* and 56* on the range and the PAR3 practice hole. I played the Eidolon's for a couple years so was interested in seeing how these compared. The feel IMO was much better at contact with the SCORs and shots were very consistent. The shaft is a big upgrade compared to the Eidolon's of past. I used both for chipping and pitching around the green and was able to control the ball very well going from shots that roll out vs getting more spin and getting them to stop.

Overall I was impressed with these wedges; if your in the market these won't disappoint. Top notch product and some of the best Customer Service out there.

I think I need to make these happen. I'm torn with what configuration to go with. I won't take out a PW. So do I go 4 wedges or 3?

I think I need to make these happen. I'm torn with what configuration to go with. I won't take out a PW. So do I go 4 wedges or 3?

Depends on the PW I guess dude. If you're rocking your old man shovels, you might need 4. If you're rocking your other irons (Pro Combo's or i20's) you might only need 3.

Havent you learned by now that more is better? Lets use an example. I am twice as tall as you and therefore better than you. Now why would anybody want to have less than more? I kid with Chunkylurker of course, but the truth is in there somewhere. Always go with more equipment and more SCOR equals less score if you know what I mean.

Have you talked to SCOR yet? They are pretty helpful over on their site. Their chat features are pretty awesome and can give some great info.

I already own a set of the SCOR's so I did not hit them on Friday but have a question for those that did. How do you feel about the look at address? For me, they are smaller than standard wedges and flow very well from a set of irons instead of looking like a totally different style of club. They inspire confidence for me but curious what others think (assuming you noticed).

I actually liked the smaller profile cookie.....compared to the X Forged they were downright tiny

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Havent you learned by now that more is better? Lets use an example. I am twice as tall as you and therefore better than you. Now why would anybody want to have less than more? I kid with Chunkylurker of course, but the truth is in there somewhere. Always go with more equipment and more SCOR equals less score if you know what I mean.

Grrr my mom always said good things come in small packages! Anyway, my PW in both sets(Cally/Ping) is 45. I was thinking 50/54/58. But I could go 49/52/55/58. I just think that is too much. I'm sorry. Don't want to clutter the review thread.

I already own a set of the SCOR's so I did not hit them on Friday but have a question for those that did. How do you feel about the look at address? For me, they are smaller than standard wedges and flow very well from a set of irons instead of looking like a totally different style of club. They inspire confidence for me but curious what others think (assuming you noticed).
For me they flow quite nice with my J40s. Almost can barely tell a difference at address, and I really like that.

I am still curious how these would work with DG Spinners in them? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I am still curious how these would work with DG Spinners in them? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Any more spin and I think I would be in trouble. Due to the clean contact these give me, the spin is outstanding. I actually really like the stock shaft options.

I do and always have preferred dark finished wedges or raw wedges. So these are definitely different to look at for me in the bag and at address. In fact I would go as far as saying that it has been the only thing keeping them out of my bag right now (other than the Morgan Cup). But I am not sure I can resist any longer. The versatility is something very special and that is part leading edge, part sole shape and part confidence in knowing that your wedge can handle anything.

Part of the unique thing about golf is that as amateurs we sometimes just cannot get out of our own way. Whether it be choosing things that are not right for us or getting in our own heads and thinking we have to "help" the equipment to get it to work out of certain conditions. SCOR has something that if nothing else, settles the mind.

THIS! I wasn't at demo day but THIS is the main thing my SCOR's brought to me. No worries about bounce or crap, pick your number and get after it. I love love love that. Its a game changer for SO many IMO.

Any more spin and I think I would be in trouble. Due to the clean contact these give me, the spin is outstanding. I actually really like the stock shaft options.
That's my worry. I am not a high spin player, but wouldnt want to overdo it by adding spinners in to these.

I came into demo day really wanting to test these wedges out. I've never heard of them except from THP and has heard lots of great things. I wanted to verify myself what the hype is all about.

First club at demo day I tested was the SCOR 56*. I use my 56* the most out of all the wedges and feel comfortable with this club. First thing I noticed is how beautiful the club looked esp at address. I hit about 10 full shots and noticed how well the ball checked up on the green. I enjoyed the weight of the club and the shots felt like butter off the face.

Next, I took it to the practice green and played a few chip shots. Again, ball checked up real nice when needed for front pin locations and had enough role for the pin located in the back. Im starting to enjoy this and thought about how these wedges can help my game.

I never really thought about how much the short game can make a huge difference in a round. It was obvious with the SCOR challenge that DDXU could've shaved 11 shots off his round. It's a no-brainer! Now I will focus on working much harder on my short game than anything else. This morning, I had the SCOR wedges on my mind. Made a visit to the website and did the SCORfit. Went to my local Edwin Watts and they told me they just started carrying SCOR wedges as of this past Thursday.

I'm still decided on what setup I should go with since they prescribed me with 4 different scenarios. All in all, I'm sold on SCOR and it will be a matter of time they will be in my bag. I may even change my 9 iron out with the 41* if everything all works out as planned!

I tried out the 48* and 52* on the range, as these are the two I probably use the most in my bag. I really like the weighting of them and just the overall feel. They are really balanced well, especially when trying to do half swings for 40-50 yd shots. Also, getting to talk to SHawn on the course about why they picked KBS for their shafts, and really understanding how much work has been, and continues to be put into developing these wedges realy makes me appreciate them even more.

Have you talked to SCOR yet? They are pretty helpful over on their site. Their chat features are pretty awesome and can give some great info.

Funny but sometimes you forget to actually go to the OEM website. I will do that. Thanks WE

Cookie, when I was demoing these, I did not notice that they seemed smaller. It wasn't until after, when I demoed a TM ATV wedge that I notice how LARGE in comparison the TM seemed. I was much less comfortable with the ATV.

I'm going to go with either 49, 53 and 57...my pw is at 45 so 4* between or I'll go 50, 54, 58. The aw will come out of the bag

Back