Would you rather be...

I'd rather be me with the cash money from either one of their bank accounts.

Phil, any day.

There is so much more to life than being the best at your job. I would rather have the loving family, the support of people around me, and the ability to always smile and enjoy myself.

If you can't honestly be happy, what's the point at being good at golf?

Phil is the real deal.

I might add... I wouldn't want to be Jack either. The man didn't even love golf, just the competition.

Arnie is still out playing once a week at Bay Hill, while Jack doesn't touch his clubs for years at a time. I love this sport too much to stop playing just because I am not as good as I used to be.

LMAO, according to some guy who is apparently afraid to sign his rep (not that it left an impact anyway), I am a judgmental ***hole. To that person, I say this: I am not an ***hole, I am HONEST. I am a Tiger fan, always have been, but he has done and is doing things that make me despise him as a person. Such is my opinion of the man, not the golfer. They are seperate entities for me, and I could never be the man that Tiger is, as much as I would love to be the golfer he USED to be.

Consider yourself in the black on rep today... :)

If we are talking about on the course only, Tiger hands down. I could care less if people think I am an ass, Tiger will go down and the better golfer, no comparison.

Now if I had to live both of their lives off the course, I'd go Phil. Like I said its fine if fans think I'm an ass, but I would hate to be the person that tiger actually is.

I'm with War Eagle, I'd be Dufner.

LMAO, according to some guy who is apparently afraid to sign his rep (not that it left an impact anyway), I am a judgmental ***hole. To that person, I say this: I am not an ***hole, I am HONEST. I am a Tiger fan, always have been, but he has done and is doing things that make me despise him as a person. Such is my opinion of the man, not the golfer. They are seperate entities for me, and I could never be the man that Tiger is, as much as I would love to be the golfer he USED to be.

JR,
We have discussed this about a dozen times. If you want to discuss rep, take it off the board. People leave rep for many reasons, sometimes to disagree, sometimes to show emotion and other times to further disagree without starting an argument. If rep was only positive, there would be no need to have it, but enough with complaining anytime someone leaves a negative. It happens. If you feel as though you get repped and it was inappropriate, take it to a mod to look at. Otherwise for the bakers dozen, please keep it off the board.

JR,
We have discussed this about a dozen times. If you want to discuss rep, take it off the board. People leave rep for many reasons, sometimes to disagree, sometimes to show emotion and other times to further disagree without starting an argument. If rep was only positive, there would be no need to have it, but enough with complaining anytime someone leaves a negative. It happens. If you feel as though you get repped and it was inappropriate, take it to a mod to look at. Otherwise for the bakers dozen, please keep it off the board.

Sorry bud, I'll remove the post. RX, Dev, mind doing the same?

Phil for sure! I would chose Phil over Tiger just based on the family life alone.

Phil, no questions asked. Meeting him changed my perception of him. I like them both and they are both obviously great for golf, but Tiger just seems so isolated and cold. I couldn't go through life like that. Phil has a beautiful family, 4 majors, just as many endorsements, and is as approachable as any big time athlete, across all the sports, as there is out there. Phil is this generations Arnold Palmer and that is some pretty elite company to be in, if you ask me.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Phil, no questions asked. Meeting him changed my perception of him. I like them both and they are both obviously great for golf, but Tiger just seems so isolated and cold. I couldn't go through life like that. Phil has a beautiful family, 4 majors, just as many endorsements, and is as approachable as any big time athlete, across all the sports, as there is out there. Phil is this generations Arnold Palmer and that is some pretty elite company to be in, if you ask me.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

This is exactly why I brought this thread up...TC I believe brought it up earlier about legacy.
What will you remember about both Phil and Tiger? (On course and before the slip up)

Tiger to me: Dominate, clutch
Phil to me: Crowd favorite, one of the best lefties :alien:

Phil without a doubt. Being Folically challenged how could I not want a head of hair like that?

Tiger Woods, not even close. I couldnt care less what people think about me. Now we're talking before the slip up, so as long as my kids are proud of me and my wife and I love eachother who cares what the general public think?

I honestly cannot imagine wanting to be Tiger. He is near universally hated as a sorry excuse of a human being. Phil is a wonderful person, has a family that loves him dearly, loves them in return, treats the fans like people, wins majors like no tomorrow, I could go on and on.

If total wins and cash is the only thing you factor into this decision, then maybe you need to do some soul searching.

You don't think TW's kids love him dearly, and he loves his kids back? And TW has won more majors like there's no tomorrow. I don't think it's fair to judge a guys personal life from the way he treats media members who hound him every second of a tournament. You should read The Big Miss. It's an eye opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he love his wife? I know he sure "loved" a whole lotta other women.
Tiger Woods, not even close. I couldnt care less what people think about me. Now we're talking before the slip up, so as long as my kids are proud of me and my wife and I love eachother who cares what the general public think?

I'd rather be Phil - couldn't stand Tiger's moods well before the slip up, and like the way that Phil spends time with people who've paid to go out and see him play.

I would choose Tiger over Phil in a heartbeat. As a golf legacy Tiger's is so far above Phil's it's not even funny. Look at all the records that Tiger has versus how many Phil has. And Tiger is far from done, he might not be as dominant as he once was, but he will be back and be a force when he gets comfortable with his new swing.

I find it funny that some people can act like they have never done something they regret. I gaurantee you that Phil has done something that he's not proud of as well, it's probably just not public knowledge. Nobody is perfect in life, it's just not possible. The difference between Tiger and Phil is pretty easy to see. Tiger is a very private person (which isn't a bad thing), and Phil wants to be in the spotlight 100% of the time (also not a bad thing). I remember during a rain delay at a golf tourney a few years ago, the announcers were talking about how Tiger and the other players were joking around in the clubhouse and that Tiger is well liked by the players on tour. Unless you have actually met Tiger and he treated you like complete crap, I find it hard that you can claim he's a jerk. I don't condone cheating on your wife at all, but I also know that I have no clue what type of marriage they had either.

I personally think that Phil comes off as fake sometimes. I keep wanting to see the real Phil come out. Then again, I don't know Phil personally and could be 100% wrong, who knows.

I would choose Tiger over Phil in a heartbeat. As a golf legacy Tiger's is so far above Phil's it's not even funny. Look at all the records that Tiger has versus how many Phil has. And Tiger is far from done, he might not be as dominant as he once was, but he will be back and be a force when he gets comfortable with his new swing.

I find it funny that some people can act like they have never done something they regret. I gaurantee you that Phil has done something that he's not proud of as well, it's probably just not public knowledge. Nobody is perfect in life, it's just not possible. The difference between Tiger and Phil is pretty easy to see. Tiger is a very private person (which isn't a bad thing), and Phil wants to be in the spotlight 100% of the time (also not a bad thing). I remember during a rain delay at a golf tourney a few years ago, the announcers were talking about how Tiger and the other players were joking around in the clubhouse and that Tiger is well liked by the players on tour. Unless you have actually met Tiger and he treated you like complete crap, I find it hard that you can claim he's a jerk. I don't condone cheating on your wife at all, but I also know that I have no clue what type of marriage they had either.

I personally think that Phil comes off as fake sometimes. I keep wanting to see the real Phil come out. Then again, I don't know Phil personally and could be 100% wrong, who knows.

This is an awesome post! Very well said. :clapp:

The next Phil or the next Tiger(without the slip up/).

I'd take the Mick. He seems like a happier man. TW needs to win to be happy at work. PM said he feels lucky to have been able to make golf his work. I'm happy enough being a man I don't need to be "the" man.

Tiger fans calling Phil "fake" is just as bad as me calling Tiger a POS human being.

I would say Phil...he smiles. Tiger doesnt

All the game in the world doesn't make up for being a jerk and treating people poorly. I enjoy watching Tiger when he's playing well because his shotmaking is awesome. But I always root for Phil to do well, and I think he's matured in the past few years and seems very down to earth and comfortable with himself. He concentrates on his family, and is still at the top competitively. I think those are admirable qualities, that I would hope I can emulate. I'm not going to be the "next anyone" professional golfer, as I don't have that strong a game. But if I could choose a path, it would be Phil's.

Completely agree; Phil is the type of guy you root for because of his game but also because (from what I see), he is an amazing family man (not to mention those dimples!).

Tiger fans calling Phil "fake" is just as bad as me calling Tiger a POS human being.

You are right, it's 100% personal opinion. There is no right or wrong answer.

Back