What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 9 holes and broke shot a 49.
I broke 50 for the first time, pretty excited.

I played pretty well except putting until getting tired, make that exhausted. 77 (35, 42)

Played in a scramble tournament today, ended up placing 4th out of 36 teams with a 68.

spazzdog's great adventure

The Golf Club of Dallas - former home of the Dallas Open (1958-1967), which became the Byron Nelson

For those that understand this part:

Black - par 70, slope 72.7/133, 6719 yds
Blue - par 70, slope 70.0/129, 6202 yds
White - par 70, slope (M) 67.5/124 (W) 74.0/137, 5727 yds
Red - par 72, slope 72.6/127, 5472 yds (I play the reds)

First off, beautiful course. It was a tad dry due to lack of rain and the course had just been aerated and the greens sanded (kind of messed with the break) but overall in really nice shape.

95, sunny and windy

I did not break 120 this week :( but did have some good moments. I shot 127, 61/66.

My driver, though short, was straighter, my irons worked more consistently and putting aim is much improved. My pitching is all over the place - literally, however I did have a miraculous bogey (one of 3 bogeys for the day) when I was 30' from the pen and 10' off the green. I used my sand wedge, and the gods smiled and made it work... The ball went up, came down and rolled fast hitting the flag and dropping into the hole. I did my hallelujah dance :)

Not happy my score bounced back up, but had a great time on a very nice and very difficult course. I think I should be getting more distance on my driver (avg 125 yds) and don't quite understand why it doesn't go farther. It has been suggested that the driver is too heavy for me... Don't know, as it doesn't feel heavy.

Anyway, until next week - spazzdog wagging away

Shot 42 39 today was please but it could have been so much better! Had a 3 put and 1 ob from the tee hit some unreal shots! 2 that stand out! 163 in the fairway bunker took 7 iron over a lake to 6 feet! The second was a 265 3 wood into the green on a par 5 just carried the front Harding bunker and trundled to the middle of the green 2 put birdie big smile!

Had a fantastic 9 today.... only 3 wood off the tee (my new VR-S!), hitting 6/7 fairway and outdriving my driver.... wedges were awful though, and any opportunities I had were blown by a bad wedge shot. Putting was okay, not my best, but enough to keep a pretty solid score.

Shat the bed on the first few holes and carded a 50 on the front with 13 putts. Righted to ship and came back in 43 with much more consistent play. Had the most random draw off the tee all day, completely out of the blue since I was hitting a nice fade on the range. Cost me several strokes today, stupid swinging on plane and releasing the clubhead, such a bad habit. Paltry 93 on a killer course in windy conditions, not Texas tough and windy but close.

--
Tapatalk2

Way to rebound on the back SW!

40 on the front, 48 on the back for 88. I didn't think I hit it all that well on the front side, but my putter saved me on that side (12 putts in 9 holes). However, my ball-striking on the front nine was great compared to the debacle on the back nine. I started pushing almost every other shot, it was very frustrating after not having that issue on the front side. Trying to implement swing changes suck sometimes. The only positive I can take from the round is that I'm starting to get more comfortable with my putter and I'm reading greens better, it was ridiculous how the ball was finding the hole on the front side.

just finished up league with a 40 (+5)
right now i just can't shake 4 or 5 bogeys, some otherwise good golf and some good saves.
lots of missed birdie opportunities though...so it looks like we'll have to hit the putting green very soon.

Played 9 on the local muni and shot 37.Had a great round score really coulda been about 36 or 35 if not for a couple screwups.I,m really improving though

Just got back from my weekly 9-hole league play. Shot a 49, which is a satisfying improvement from last week.

I also parred three holes in a row, (4-3-4) which is definitely a first for me. I had to earn it by nailing a tricky 12-foot putt for the last one.

Definitely improving here, but soooo sloooowly.

Ken

Shot a 71 (38-33) for one over. started off a little slow 4 over through 5. Then got rolling played the next 13 in 4 under. New course I had never played before. Very tight, very point and shoot. Most the fairways might have been 17-20 paces wide. It plays to a 69.4/110/6265/35-35=70.

Stats, 12/18Greens, 6/13 Fairway, 15/15=30 Putts. This is my lowest career nine and my second lowest round ever.

Awesome round dude!! Well done on that back 9!!

This afternoon I shot a 45/42 87. I was striping my irons during this round.

Then this evening I had my match play league and shot a dismal 50 and lost 1DN. It's difficult to be giving your opponent 6 strokes. But I played awful.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Shot a 50 something for 9 this afternoon. I lost my pencil on the 7th somewhere and didn't have a back up. Probably the first time in 15 years I only had one pencil. Oh well I am really focusing on learning my new irons anyway, so score is really negligible at this point.

Awesome round dude!! Well done on that back 9!!

Thanks man! I've always felt if I could get all three parts of my game to click, I could post a low number...now to just clean up the first 5 holes!

Possibly the best "Bad" round I've had ever. Drive was frickin cool, Iron's rock solid, 3w sucked a big one and was better than my putting most of the day. I had one legit eagle change and so many birdie chances I lost count, made very few putts of any kind. I'm pretty sure aliens were behind it.

Sorry to hear about the putting there due. Which flat stick were you rolling?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man! I've always felt if I could get all three parts of my game to click, I could post a low number...now to just clean up the first 5 holes!

I hear that.. I started out double/bogey tonight, but managed to bring it around and finished at 39 with a birdie..

Wind was a bit rough tonight which certainly didn't help... And I dropped about a 35 footer on 9 to save par after hitting into the fescue..

This weekend better be a lot nicer to me!

Sorry to hear about the putting there due. Which flat stick were you rolling?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The SeeMore, but its all upstairs. My mom admits she dropped me on purpose, lol. I could see the line, yet just didn't believe it and placed everything high.

Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating. Tried to get out to play some golf today and started off by hitting the first three greens in regulation but three putting from 15 feet and under three times! I feel like my swing is getting better and better but my scoring just isn't at all. Way too many thee puts.

I ended up with a 49 on the front and after hole 12 I went in because of a nasty storm that blew through.

Man I do not want to talk about today's 9 I did other than the fact that the guy at the clubhouse hooked us up with really cheap Stella on tap. The round was atrocious and I probably 6 balls.. Shaking head in frustration STILL!!.. To next time

I sot an 83 today on the home course--42-41. Had a great day striking the ball, but putted like crap.

I shot 92. Bad. But I had 39 putts, so I hit the ball okay. Just no putting. I had consecutive 4 putts at one point. Wtc? That course is very hard though and I had fun, so it was a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back