Forum Testing Signup - KBS Tour 90 Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

UKB03_g-1_large.jpg

The Shafts
Find out all about these shafts in this video here.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...8632-KBS-Tour-90-Shafts&highlight=tour+shafts

Criteria

You must be able to play golf (either on course, driving range or indoor facility).
You must be able to put these shafts in club heads or have someone do it.
4 Forum Members will be selected to participate.
If selected, shipping is free for Albatross Club members only.
If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.

Testing Process

If selected it will be your job to test the shafts out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the clubs thoroughly. This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out the forum testing example thread here.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What is your average 6 iron distance?
2. What is your swing tempo for irons?
3. What shafts are you currently playing?
4. Have you tried the KBS Fitting on their website? If so, what shafts did it recommend?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

The Testers
pmoa
Iceman
Jersey Nate
War Eagle

Last edited:
Wow what a great testing. I wish I was going to be around in the next month to join in. I know I would love to put some sweet KBS Tour in my irons. I can't wait to see what kind of results we get out of this testing. Thanks KBS and THP for doing this.

Another amazing testing opportunity! Thanks THP and KBS!

1. My average 6 iron distance is 165 yards.
2. I have a mid tempo with my irons.
3. I currently play the stock Apex shaft in reg flex.
4. The online fitting recommended KBS Tour 90 in stiff or KBS Tour in Reg.

Thanks to KBS and THP for another great testing opportunity!

Last edited:
Big shout out to KBS and THP for the contest. These are the kind of contests that can completely change golf for someone.

1. What is your average 6 iron distance? Around 180 yards.

2. What is your swing tempo for irons? The Shaft Optimizer says my tempo is a 6, so I would say it's on the side of quicker

3. What shafts are you currently playing? Steel CFS in Stiff Flex

4. Have you tried the KBS Fitting on their website? If so, what shafts did it recommend? I have. It recommends KBS Tours in S+ flex

Thank you THP and KBS for this opportunity! I was just fitting myself in a new shaft the other night.

1. 155 yds
2. Slow to medium iron swing speed around 73 mph
3. Ping CFS Regular
4. Yes! This is the shaft they recommended!

What an awesome testing opportunity!

Wow, awesome testing opportunity! Personally i will pass on this one since the KBS fitting tool said i should game the KBS Tour S+ or C-Taper Stiff. Just wanted to say that i think it's great that KBS gave THP this opportunity!

Wow, another amazing testing opportunity thanks to THP and KBS shafts!

1. I currently hit my 6i about 170-175
2. I have an average tempo with my irons, I have been working on not being too quick
3. I currently play dynamic gold s300 shafts
4. I have gone through the online fitting before and the tour 90 is actually what was recommended for me.

Thanks again for such an amazing testing opportunity!

I had these shafts in my Adams CB2's and loved them. I was actually thinking of reshafting the RBZ irons with these or a KBS Tour shaft. Whoever ends up with these I know will be happy.

1. What is your average 6 iron distance? About 160
2. What is your swing tempo for irons? Mid
3. What shafts are you currently playing? Steel CFS stiff in the Pings, Stiff Taylormade offering in the RBZs
4. Have you tried the KBS Fitting on their website? If so, what shafts did it recommend? I have a few times. I was fit for these shafts in a stiff flex vs. The Tours in a Regular or R+.

1. What is your average 6 iron distance? 160 yards
2. What is your swing tempo for irons? Moderate to quick
3. What shafts are you currently playing? KBS Tours Stiff
4. Have you tried the KBS Fitting on their website? If so, what shafts did it recommend? Yes, KBS Tours Stiff

1. What is your average 6 iron distance?
170 yards
2. What is your swing tempo for irons?
smooth, non-aggressive
3. What shafts are you currently playing?
rifle flighted 6.5 (looking for lighter weight)
4. Have you tried the KBS Fitting on their website? If so, what shafts did it recommend?
Yes, it suggested the KBS Tour 90 or the KBS Tour in Stiff/XStiff

I hope i get selected, i've been looking to move to lighter shafts for the last two months or so since the 130g 6.5's are just too heavy for me.

Thanks THP and KBS for this awesome chance to change things up!

1. What is your average 6 iron distance? 175 Yards
2. What is your swing tempo for irons? I have a moderate tempo with my irons. I try to be as smooth as possible without being jerky in the takeaway or transition.
3. What shafts are you currently playing? True Temper Dynamic Gold HL
4. Have you tried the KBS Fitting on their website? If so, what shafts did it recommend? Yes, it recommended the Tour R+ or Tour 90 Stiff.

Thanks to KBS and THP for this cool opportunity!!!

Last edited:
This is awesome and I'll be entering soon. Thanks KBS and THP!

I just did the KBS fitting thanks to this thread, and have been suggested to play the KBS Tour - XS or the KBS C-Taper Stiff+ so I think I'll hang back on entering and simply enjoy what the four lucky testers offer in their feedback.

Well done THP and KBS!! Great testing opp!

I just did the KBS fitting thanks to this thread, and have been suggested to play the KBS Tour - XS or the KBS C-Taper Stiff+ so I think I'll hang back on entering and simply enjoy what the four lucky testers offer in their feedback.

Well done THP and KBS!! Great testing opp!

Exactly what I was fit for!

Thank you THP and KBS for another great testing opportunity for THP members. Due to the baby coming shortly my golfing has been cut back quite a bit so it wouldnt be fair to even put my name in for this but I am really excited to read the reviews from these. I keep hearing nothing but great things about KBS shafts.

1. What is your average 6 iron distance? 150 to 155 yards.

2. What is your swing tempo for irons? Slow to moderate tempo

3. What shafts are you currently playing? TT Dynalite Gold SL in my Mizuno MX-300's, these are the irons I would be testing the KBS shafts in.

4. Have you tried the KBS Fitting on their website? If so, what shafts did it recommend? Yes, they recommended the KBS Tour90 Reg.

Thank you KBS and THP for a great testing opportunity for THP members, look forward to reading the reviews.

Forum Testing Signup - KBS Tour 90 Shafts

1. What is your average 6 iron distance? 165 yds
2. What is your swing tempo for irons? My tempo would be mid
3. What shafts are you currently playing? Taylormade T-Step 90 Stiff
4. Have you tried the KBS Fitting on their website? If so, what shafts did it recommend? Yes, KBS Tour - Stiff or KBS CTaper - Stiff

Thanks KBS and THP for a great testing opportunity!

Last edited:
I think we need to find a way to meet for a round.. Our numbers have matched more than once.. Would be fun to see how similar our games are!

I agree dude we aren't far either if we meet in the middle. I will send you a PM later so we don't clutter this thread.

HUGE thanks to KBS and THP for the wonderful opportunity! Having never hit KBS shafts for a lengthy amount of time, I'm really intrigued by this testing!

1. I currently hit my 6i about 165-170 yards.

2. I have a moderate/mid tempo on with my irons - not too slow, not too fast, and I take my backswing just past vertical to the ground.

3. I currently play True Temper TX Flighted shafts in my Ci11s, a mid/high launching, 105 gram shaft. Not too heavy but not too light.

4. I've gone through the fitting a few times and it has recommended the KBS Tours in stiff.

Last edited:
Guys lets keep the "getting a round together" in the appropriate threads. Thanks.

Great testing opportunity, thanks to KBS for partnering with THP for this forum testing. Here are my responses...

1. What is your average 6 iron distance? 180 yards
2. What is your swing tempo for irons? Moderate
3. What shafts are you currently playing? Project X 5.5
4. Have you tried the KBS Fitting on their website? If so, what shafts did it recommend? Yes, it recommended the stiff Tour 90

Last edited:
Great testing opportunity. Luckily I have a GolfTown close by so swapping out shafts wouldn't be a problem. Will be fun to read the reviews (I'm guessing since I got fit for Tour shafts, I won't be picked for Tour 90s, but no harm is signing up anyway!).

1. What is your average 6 iron distance? ~175
2. What is your swing tempo for irons? slow backswing, then a fast transition/downswing
3. What shafts are you currently playing? callaway uniflex
4. Have you tried the KBS Fitting on their website? If so, what shafts did it recommend? KBS Tour stiff

Wow another great opportunity for some lucky testers!

Back