TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

Mine is still in the bag setho. Its the putter I love to try and replace but I can never get anything to beat it out. Maybe the Manta if it EVER shows up in stores.

Wow! That speaks volumes!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I really like the way this putter sets up, feels, and rolls the ball. I just could not get a handle on speed control. That probably has more to do with the belly extension than anything else.

I really like the way this putter sets up, feels, and rolls the ball. I just could not get a handle on speed control. That probably has more to do with the belly extension than anything else.

Did you ever roll the standard Spider Ghost?

Did you ever roll the standard Spider Ghost?

I have a real hard time with face balanced mallets. I tend to have a generous arc to my putter stroke, the mallets all feel funny.

I have a real hard time with face balanced mallets. I tend to have a generous arc to my putter stroke, the mallets all feel funny.

Ya face balanced mallet isnt the best for a strong arc stroke lol. Im pretty much SBST 99% of the time so I think that is why this works so well for me.

I have put the Spider back into play the last few weeks. I had 32 putts on Friday. Not fantastic, but I will gladly take it. My short game was going pretty well on the front nine, the Spider knocked them home. I am pretty darn happy with it right now.

I played this putter for my first 9 holes of the year yesterday. Awesome putter. The guy I ended up playing with asked me about it and mentioned I was making putts with it. Really like the super stroke grip on it too.

I played this putter for my first 9 holes of the year yesterday. Awesome putter. The guy I ended up playing with asked me about it and mentioned I was making putts with it. Really like the super stroke grip on it too.

super stroke grips are cheating...:alien:...

I'm struggling a little bit with the Spider Ghost. Its really just on putts shorter than 6 feet, which is very frustrating. Lag putting and 6 foot to 15 foot putts I'm making like crazy and can easily put the ball right on my line. Shorter putts I'm struggling with but I can get that worked out I belive.

I'm struggling a little bit with the Spider Ghost. Its really just on putts shorter than 6 feet, which is very frustrating. Lag putting and 6 foot to 15 foot putts I'm making like crazy and can easily put the ball right on my line. Shorter putts I'm struggling with but I can get that worked out I belive.

Are you leaving them short?

I found that on those shortish putts, that as long as there isn't too much break and I can keep the target line inside of the hole, I just have to trust that the Spider will get the ball down the line quickly. I like the weight of this putter, it feels really efficient.

pulling them, stupid putting.

Are you taking a long backswing or decelerating in the putt. I find if I do either I start pull putts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Are you taking a long backswing or decelerating in the putt. I find if I do either I start pull putts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Not anymore, but something similar to that is what I was doing. I just wasn't finishing the stroke with my body and letting my hands only rotate through. With this now fixed my putting with the Spider Ghost has been very very good.

Ok, so it took me a while to get used to the Spider Ghost, but now after some range sessions and a few rounds I have to say this is the best putter I have ever rolled. I have so much confidence in this putter its stupid, and I just know that within 10 feet I'm gonna make it. I will be switching putters soon for the MC and I'm going to go with the Mallet thats most like the Spider Ghost, and that putter will have very big shoes to fill.

pulling them, stupid putting.

I do that when I look up to watch the ball roll. It helps me to look at the spot where the ball is and keep looking at it till you hear the ball drop.

i love my spider ghost, it's kind of awkward looking but I get some nice roll and better putts. I also paint filled it orange just for fun. Has anyone experimented with different weights and seen some significant changes?

7086658955_1b1bc8df36.jpg

i love my spider ghost, it's kind of awkward looking but I get some nice roll and better putts. I also paint filled it orange just for fun. Has anyone experimented with different weights and seen some significant changes?

7086658955_1b1bc8df36.jpg

The orange sure does look sick.

What is the spider ghost they are using on tour. I've noticed some aren't the same. Its the same shape but has a straight line going all the way back rather than the busy alignment line. It may be a tad smaller also. I know Rory Sabintinni is using one... I saw a guy at one of the super hoity toity clubs are here using one like it. At first I thought it was a Itsy Bitsy that he just had ghosted but now I'm not sure.

What is the spider ghost they are using on tour. I've noticed some aren't the same. Its the same shape but has a straight line going all the way back rather than the busy alignment line. It may be a tad smaller also. I know Rory Sabintinni is using one... I saw a guy at one of the super hoity toity clubs are here using one like it. At first I thought it was a Itsy Bitsy that he just had ghosted but now I'm not sure.

They have lots if different versions, but he looked like he was using a prototype Itsy Bitsy Ghost.

Really? They only have the standard model on the website?

Really? They only have the standard model on the website?

That is the only one they have available to the public, but TM is notorious for making tour only versions of things.

Back