Big Break Atlantis

Interestingly, the last show featured quite a few very strong shots, with arguably the worst contributor heading home..

I'm in agreement with your assessment for the most part, but like every show on tv similar to this, there will always been the low hanging fruit from start to the midway point at least.

I really havent watched since the first show. If I wanted to watch girls in bikini's I dont go to the golf channel for that. I go to watch Golf and golf shows. This show is a ridonkulous and the golf, from what I saw, was not good at all. I am not hating other people for watching, but I will defer to the next BB.

On a sort of new topic, what do you think of the clothes that the girls wear? Is there room on the golf course for a tank top (even if it has an Under Armor logo on it)?

Personally, I think sleeveless shirts are wonderful, but I think a tank top is not something that should be worn on a golf course.

Havent been watching the show. First episode lost my attention. I like watching the contestants play good golf and get better under pressure. The show has become a sideshow just like this thread. Next season they better come back strong and focus on golf.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I say just do away with the show. It's reality TV with trick shots mixed in. It was a good show back when it first started but it has lost its luster. I know some really enjoy the show and that's great but it's not about golf anymore, IMO.

I say just do away with the show. It's reality TV with trick shots mixed in. It was a good show back when it first started but it has lost its luster. I know some really enjoy the show and that's great but it's not about golf anymore, IMO.

They need to take a season off and reboot. Figure out a new strategy. Maybe do a team type of thing with a man and woman as a team throughout the show. I dont have the answers but this season is almost like the "Jump the shark" season for me.

They need to take a season off and reboot. Figure out a new strategy. Maybe do a team type of thing with a man and woman as a team throughout the show. I dont have the answers but this season is almost like the "Jump the shark" season for me.

Yeah. I kind of agree with this. I enjoy it, at least in years past, but it just needs a major re-tooling or something. It's just become an hour long, weekly infomercial with scantily clad women standing next to golf bags.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

On a sort of new topic, what do you think of the clothes that the girls wear? Is there room on the golf course for a tank top (even if it has an Under Armor logo on it)?

Personally, I think sleeveless shirts are wonderful, but I think a tank top is not something that should be worn on a golf course.

I agree, sleeveless ok, tank top better fit for the pool.

I don't have a problem with it... I've worn them (the sport variety) and, for me, they are the most comfortable. It also helps tone down the "farmer tan". I generally go with short sleeved vneck shirts as I hate collars, but if it's a sizzler of a day, I'll go tank.

I think tank tops are SO inappropriate! When we were covering the LPGA event in Mobile there was a girl wearing a tank top and I asked Kris and Moira about that and they said there is technically no rule against tank tops which is crazy to me.

I know they are doing everything they can to sell ladies golf but I do think the excessively short shorts and skirts and tank tops are inappropriate. They are still professional athletes not spokesmodels.

Yeah this thread is kinda weird now...some people that are commenting about the show don't even watch the show...?????...? Not sure how that works? Anyway,yes it has been better in other seasons. If you don't like the show don't watch it. I enjoyed last season a lot more. This season isn't that good..

I think you are referring to what Aubrey usually wears and I agree it doesn't belong out there, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the spandex shorts that Zakiya wore during her time on the show.. I found them to be extremely inappropriate golf attire.

Tapatalking from my iPhone

I find the pictures are very relevant to the current topic. I have been a fan of the series for several years now. I may be new here to the forum but I believe we are all here in this thread to discuss all things Big Break Atlantis and I find no problems with someone posting pictures and or screen captures of the episodes that have been airing. You can not get mad at someone for posting images that the producers are putting on tv. The producers of the Big Break are airing footage of the contestants in bikinis, that is part of the show. If that part is unacceptable to you then I suggest not watching the show. This thread is about Big Break Atlantis and if they(the producers) are going make scantily women part of the show then it is open season to discuss such things.

As for my opinion on who will win this season, I think it will be Marcela. So far she seems to have the skill and the maturity to win Big Break.

Thanks! I completely agree with your sentiments.

I also think you're on to something with regards to Marcela. She's been playing steady golf and has flown under the radar for most of the episodes while deftly avoiding being in the Elimination matches. I used to think the same about Kelly until the 4th episode, where Kelly crumbled under pressure. It'll be interesting to see if Marcela also succumbs to pressure as well.

golf and WAY less commercials lol

Actually, BB Atlantis has 40 minutes of airtime and 20 minutes of commercials while other hour long programs typically have 45 minutes of airtime and 15 minutes of commercials. While the ratio of airtime to commercials for BB Atlantis is 2:1 vs. other programs being 3:1, the extra 5 minutes is hardly what I would constitute has "way more commercials".

+10000000

There have only been a few moments of good play; the majority of it has been just crappy shots.

Havent been watching the show. First episode lost my attention. I like watching the contestants play good golf and get better under pressure. The show has become a sideshow just like this thread. Next season they better come back strong and focus on golf.

Tap Tap Taparoo

BB Atlantis certainly has it's fair share of poor play coupled with a noticeable lack of drama, backbiting, and catscratching among its contestants. However, it's made up for it with its abundant display of skin from lovely, hot young ladies. I consider it a wash all things considered.

I think the ladies have it quite nice with what they can wear on the golf course. I bet they stay a lot cooler.

I think its funny when they video Anya up close trying to show her skorts and lower. The cameraman has to be laying on the ground as short as she is.

I think tank tops are SO inappropriate! When we were covering the LPGA event in Mobile there was a girl wearing a tank top and I asked Kris and Moira about that and they said there is technically no rule against tank tops which is crazy to me.

I know they are doing everything they can to sell ladies golf but I do think the excessively short shorts and skirts and tank tops are inappropriate. They are still professional athletes not spokesmodels.

I think tank tops and short shorts are fine so long the midriff (belly button) is NOT exposed when the player is standing in a relaxed position (i.e. not swinging the golf club). It is certainly no worse than men wearing blue jeans, camo, or overalls to a golf course and I know those garments are allowed on courses in at least one major city in the midwest (I'm looking at you Omaha, NE).

As for the LPGA, let's face it. The girls and the organization need to do something to increase viewership and galleries in an effort to increase sponsorship. I don't begrudge the LPGA and its players (especially the hot ones) from doing what they feel is necessary. The LPGA is a business first, and a failing one at that. People should remind themselves that drastic times call for drastic measures.

Personally, if anyone is offended by what the LPGA and its players are wearing, they are certainly free to close their eyes and not watch.

Every time that Jiyai Shin takes a golf swing, her little shirt hikes up and her plump little belly flops out. I find that to be worse than a spandex golf suit.

Every time that Jiyai Shin takes a golf swing, her little shirt hikes up and her plump little belly flops out. I find that to be worse than a spandex golf suit.

Same thing happens to me when I wear my Nike Pro-Combat under shirts and when my Sligo comes un-tucked. I should probably get on a reality show.

I think you are referring to what Aubrey usually wears and I agree it doesn't belong out there, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the spandex shorts that Zakiya wore during her time on the show.. I found them to be extremely inappropriate golf attire.

Or just completely inappropriate attire.

While I agree that the premise of BB has changed over the years, it's still a great show even if it's not about golf anymore. Much as with many things now, BB is simply trying to appeal more to the mainstream audience by focusing on hot, young girls with ample assets first, and great golf second.

I think the BB producers correctly deduced that if viewers wanted to watch women (or men for that matter) play great golf in competition, then the viewers would simply watch professional golf tournaments on TV.

BB Atlantis certainly has it's fair share of poor play coupled with a noticeable lack of drama, backbiting, and catscratching among its contestants. However, it's made up for it with its abundant display of skin from lovely, hot young ladies. I consider it a wash all things considered.

Well I think maybe you are on the wrong site. Sorry if people on a golf site are more interested in watching people play good golf. How silly of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I agree that the premise of BB has changed over the years, it's still a great show even if it's not about golf anymore. Much as with many things now, BB is simply trying to appeal more to the mainstream audience by focusing on hot, young girls with ample assets first, and great golf second.

I think the BB producers correctly deduced that if viewers wanted to watch women (or men for that matter) play great golf in competition, then the viewers would simply watch professional golf tournaments on TV.

Unfortunately the GC does a horrible job of covering golf tournaments. IMO, the GC should have instructional shows and then tourny coverage only. All day, every day.

While I don't approve of the tank tops I would agree with the Canadan....they are miles better than what that Zakiya chick was wearing...that was just hideous.

If you look at it from another perspective....most "nicer" courses won't allow a male golfer to play without a "collared shirt:"....why should it be different for a female golfer?

I loved Z's attire. It's her own line I believe. I found it to be fresh and lively and she wore it well. If it's within the rules, which clearly it is, then I have no problem with it.

Unfortunately the GC does a horrible job of covering golf tournaments. IMO, the GC should have instructional shows and then tourny coverage only. All day, every day.

I can agree with your sentiments about the GC doing a better job covering tournaments. I'm a little confused as to your second thought though. I thought the GC already has instructional shows and tournament coverage (with a bunch of infomercials thrown in for good measure).

I can agree with your sentiments about the GC doing a better job covering tournaments. I'm a little confused as to your second thought though. I thought the GC already has instructional shows and tournament coverage (with a bunch of infomercials thrown in for good measure).

I want Thurs-Sun tourny coverage, from the first group out until dark, or until the Major Networks have the rights (usually around 3 pm). It annoys me to no end that there's groups out there playing at 9am and we don't get coverage until 1pm.

I want Thurs-Sun tourny coverage, from the first group out until dark, or until the Major Networks have the rights (usually around 3 pm). It annoys me to no end that there's groups out there playing at 9am and we don't get coverage until 1pm.

Ahhh, I see now. I agree with you on full coverage of tournaments then. At least we're almost there with the major PGA tournaments (Masters, Opens, etc.). As for LPGA events, it's pretty sad that most are recorded and edited down to 1 or 2 hour programs now.

Then again, that's what the LPGA and its players are trying to change via increased viewership.

Back