Hybrid for beginners

Buck

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone, Im really starting to improve (in part to this forum!) but am looking for purchasing a hybrid. I just want to know the easiest to hit hybrid out there especially for beginners who struggle to hit long irons. Are any of those Acer hybrids from hireko good? thanks in advance. Might want to add, that am looking to spend under 75 $ so am willing to get used.

Maybe give a Mashie a try, even the 2011 model, its pretty cheap right now, I used it and found it very easy to hit.

Hey everyone, Im really starting to improve (in part to this forum!) but am looking for purchasing a hybrid. I just want to know the easiest to hit hybrid out there especially for beginners who struggle to hit long irons. Are any of those Acer hybrids from hireko good? thanks in advance.

adams has always made great hybrids and especially for beginners. i would def go try a couple different kinds and see what works best for your game though if your able to.

I've only hit Adams and Nickent hybrids regularly. The Adams (a12 OS) are much better for me than the Nickents, although those aren't bad.

Can you go try any out?

you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't at least investigate the Boccieri Hybrid.

A lot of companies are putting out sold hybrids these days and as mentioned the adams are some of the best, imho. If looking at older models the Nickents and older Rescues are really solid. I personally did not get along well with the mashies, but many here did.

you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't at least investigate the Boccieri Hybrid.

I haven't hit the Boccieri Hybrid, but I the 3 wood I tested is crazy easy. Consider this a second for Boccieri!

I've only hit Adams and Nickent hybrids regularly. The Adams (a12 OS) are much better for me than the Nickents, although those aren't bad.

Can you go try any out?

Yes, I am going to get fit in a few weeks just curious to whats out there and what people like.

I got a perfect Cleveland 2011 Mashie for around $50 and you really can't beat a deal like that-look around and see if you can get something like that.Cleveland golf makes some awesome forgiving hybrids I also got a taylormade rescue for about $50 too and I am really happy with these clubs you will be surprised at the deals you can find on these.

The reason I say any of these two hybrids is that they are designed for a golfer that wants forgiveness from a hybrid and they are really easy to hit!

The SQ Machspeed from Nike has great reviews for forgiveness and easy to hit. After tomorrow I will tell you how it stacks up against a Boccieri!

Keep all of these great suggestions in mind, and visit your local hardware store frequently. You will find a great deal, I've missed a couple by simply thinking about it and coming back the next day to find it gone. Or watch Dawg Daddy in the Deal of the Day and he can point you to a gem:comp: I have been tempted to delve into the hybrid world several times, but looking for the right loft and deal since I don't use HB or FW.

The SQ Machspeed from Nike has great reviews for forgiveness and easy to hit. After tomorrow I will tell you how it stacks up against a Boccieri!

I really like the Machspeeds. Way better than the j36's I tried at one point

Really like the Cleveland and Adams

You can get the mizuno jpx 800 hybrid at a great price right now. i really like it.

Yes, I am going to get fit in a few weeks just curious to whats out there and what people like.

Of the newer hybrids I have hit I like the Adams a12OS, Yonex Ezone, Wilson Fybird RS and the Nike VR_S all are solid offerings IMO.

Im a fan of the Adams. I saw on Dick's site that they have all the A7os and the Redline stuff on blowout right now. Might get agood enough deal to fit in your price range.

Of the newer hybrids I have hit I like the Adams a12OS, Yonex Ezone, Wilson Fybird RS and the Nike VR_S all are solid offerings IMO.

Im especially curious on the Wilson fybrids. Ive been seeing them selling for 30 40 bucks and wondering if they are a solid hybrid.

The older Fybrids are great.

Ping G20 is an obvious canditade.

I really like the Machspeeds. Way better than the j36's I tried at one point

Another big +1 for the Machspeed. Last fall I picked up the 5H super cheap. Stock stiff shaft tipped 1 inch. The bar is set pretty high to knock this thing out of the bag-it just wants to go straight. I also have the 2H 18* that I got from TC but haven't had quite the success with it as I have the 5H but a lot of that has to do with the Reg shaft being too soft (and long, I'm a shorty).

Another big +1 for the Machspeed. Last fall I picked up the 5H super cheap. Stock stiff shaft tipped 1 inch. The bar is set pretty high to knock this thing out of the bag-it just wants to go straight. I also have the 2H 18* that I got from TC but haven't had quite the success with it as I have the 5H but a lot of that has to do with the Reg shaft being too soft (and long, I'm a shorty).

I have the 2/3/4/5 hybrids but I don't really use the 5 since I hit my 5 iron just fine. I find the 3 hybrid the easiest to hit but the others are pretty similar

My recommendations for easiest to hit (in my experience) is the Adams a12OS and the Cobra Baffler T-Rail.

Back