The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Lovewatching my game grow. Lately I've been growing a lot (physically)about 1 inch a month really. This has been helping my golf game causesince about the beginning of the golf season (which ended about 2weeks ago) I have picked up about 15 yds with my irons. I'm lucky tohave a large lawn- from where my little tee box is its about 210 ydsto wear my driver runs parallel to the road (230 to the road). I lovehitting golf balls in my yard and I can back up and hit my drivercause "down the chute" it ends up being like 300+yds. Ihaven't golfed lately because of exams and such but now that schoolis over I started hitting some balls in my yard. It was going rough.Today I kinda figured out what I was doing wrong (partially trying tohit of my yard instead of the teebox- my yard is super thick.) TodayI was hitting my 8 iron. Normally about my 150 club. After notplaying in awhile and working on some swing changes/ growing somemore it was just a great day today. I was averaging about 160 with agreat ball flight and just making solid contact and hitting down onthe ball. My last hit (so good I just had to stop) ending up goingabout 170. Just absolutely demolished it. It left a bunch ofwhite[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]ballcover right in the dead center of the sweetspot. This is why I lovegolf. There is nothing like progressing and watching your game grow![/FONT]

I'm happy that MIA closed out BOS, even if it did take MIA 7 games to do it, even if Wade played like a zombie for most of the series, even if Bosh was injured for most of the series, and even if LBJ played like a champion to win Game 6 singlehandedly and avoid prevent BOS from winning the series.

I graduate college today! Graduating with a degree in Mathematics Education, Summa Cum Laude (3.926 GPA)!

My GF graduates today as well. Woohoo!

Congratulations!

Thank you everyone for the congratulations and the kind words, it means a lot to me. It was a great day that I'll never forget. Here are a couple pics. (She has a lot of Hawaiian in her family)

a69359a1-0966-0d1b.jpg

a693598f-0aee-9bd7.jpg

a693598f-0caf-4b75.jpg

a693598f-0cc4-b0d5.jpg

Sweet. I get to go to Ruth's Chris on the water for dinner in a few weeks. I love me a good steak.

I graduate college today! Graduating with a degree in Mathematics Education, Summa Cum Laude (3.926 GPA)!

congrats man. Love the pictures too

Congrats JConn - awesome accomplishment!

Congrats JConn, and thanks for the pictures.

Just woke up after an all night drive to get home CMA Music Festival. Best weekend of my life and I'm totally okay with feeling super sleepy today. I went to bed a 6:30 last night!!! Totally worth it.

Congrats JConn !

Thanks again everyone!

Today's HHJJ - just landed in Maui with my GF and will be here for 9 days. Life is good.

Major win at work.

Eleventh hour Hail Mary passes to save the go-live of a highly visible project for the win!!

Thanks again everyone!

Today's HHJJ - just landed in Maui with my GF and will be here for 9 days. Life is good.

Bring the clubs?

Thanks again everyone!

Very worthy HHJJ - enjoy Jeff!!

Congratulations!!! Very nice accomplishment.

Thanks guys.

Nope, unfortunately I didn't. My GF wasn't thrilled when I brought it up so I just let it be. Probably would be pretty spendy anyways.

Yeah been there before.. bring it up casually and the second you sense it wasn't a good question, full defense mode in agreement. Either way, should be a blast!

Nope, unfortunately I didn't. My GF wasn't thrilled when I brought it up so I just let it be. Probably would be pretty spendy anyways.

Rental clubs work too though...Maui is my favorite place on Earth. Definitely a HHJJ if I've ever heard one.

My team has been working long hours leading up to the launch of one of our supported applications. Go live was yesterday, and it has so far been a great success.

So, next Tuesday 4 of us, including my boss, are leaving early (comp time) to go play the Missouri Bluffs course. The following Saturday we have a scramble at Pevely Farms GC.

Both courses have been on my wishlist of places to play for a long time, and now I'll be playing them within a week of each other.

HHJJ

Just got off the phone with the Surgeon as they were checking up on me seeing how I was doing and I got the ok to do some "easy golfing" on the 23rd which is awesome! Just said dont over do it and if I feel any strain at all to stop. Nice easy swings here I come!!!!! Super stoked about this.

WaWa beef and cheese quesadillas....that is all

Just got off the phone with the Surgeon as they were checking up on me seeing how I was doing and I got the ok to do some "easy golfing" on the 23rd which is awesome! Just said dont over do it and if I feel any strain at all to stop. Nice easy swings here I come!!!!! Super stoked about this.

then 36 on the 30th will be a piece of cake...I kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back