NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Break out the sunscreen Lord Sanley is going to be on the beach for the next year

Wow. That was fast. Sucks for the Devils. A comeback sure would be exciting though.

Hah. As Darren has said, good luck beating Quick 4 times.

Barring an epic collapse, the Kings are going to hoist Lord Stanley.

Glad to see them win it. Glad it wasn't the Flyers, Rangers, or Capitals. Or the Red Wings.

Gagne almost dropped the cup, LOL.

Does anyone know a good contractor I think Jack Johnson's put a few holes in his wall's.
This is great for the Kings and the NHL so happy for this first franchise cup. Way to go L.A.

Gagne almost dropped the cup, LOL.

Best twitter comment I saw was "Gagne apparently got a concussion attempting to lift the Cup" hahaha

Dude is definitely a mush head.

Best twitter comment I saw was "Gagne apparently got a concussion attempting to lift the Cup" hahaha
Dude is definitely a mush head.

He was a power house in Philly day's long ago I think we forget how good he was. Sad to see his carreer go the way it did but he's out on top now

He was a power house in Philly day's long ago I think we forget how good he was. Sad to see his carreer go the way it did but he's out on top now

Oh yeah, he was a beauty. It's a real shame that some of these guys succumb to injury like that.

Where is Luc

Oh yeah, he was a beauty. It's a real shame that some of these guys succumb to injury like that.

he was one of my favs..... and even when he came back in the series where they came back and won 4 in a row against boston he was a big part in that. scored some HUGE goals. hes one of the guys on LA that im glad won a cup.

I knew after the Kings obliterated my Blues, we were probably looking at the Stanley Cup Champions. They came into the playoffs on a ball of fire and never let up. One of the better playoff performances of recent memory.

YESSSSS!!!!! I can die happy now!

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Congrats to LA.

Congrats to LA. I was really hoping to see NJ make history and come from 3-0 game deficit but happy for the Kings.

good series and another great playoffs even if my team again let me down. really glad to see Richie, Gagne, and Quick win the cup. Carter can rot for all i care i really can't stand him even if he played well in the series. Draft will be coming up soon and free agency will be here before you know it.

Congrats to the LA Kings.

This might be the most PC I've ever seen you buddy. I'm sure NJ will get another soon.

There is no point in being salty. I detest Dustin Brown and Jeff Carter but the rest of the Kings team, organization, and fans deserve it. They beat the Devils. Was it a bad call? I dont know. Scuderi turned his back at the last minute. Not much Bernier could have done but if it were a King on a Devil I would have been pissed if it wasnt a major. They definitely blew the call on Gionta right before the penalty which means the penalty wouldnt have happened but regardless, the referees didnt turn what was the best PK OF ALL TIME (numbers wise) in the regular season into a ~70% PK unit in the playoffs. You just cannot give up 3 goals on a major PP and expect to win. Simple as that. The referee pick on Volchenkov was downright hilarious...haha It is what it is. I never expected the Devils to make it to the finals as a 6 seed. I hope and I prayed but to say I expected it when having to go through Philly and NYR would be disingenuous. I am very proud of what the accomplished this year. I hope that Parise will be back but if he isnt, we have some good young players coming through the system. We will be fine.

Congrats to the Kings, well deserved for sure. Loved Dustin Brown dropping the F bomb in his on ice interview before the cup presentation.

What a beating they put on the devils in that game 6, they would have felt quite defeated if they lost and went to a game 7.

Anyone else want a copy of this? Good job amazon....hahah

d03a6301.jpg

Also, I checked my email before. Could NBC actually act like they care about the NHL maybe?

*Spoiler alert if you dont know who won last night*

Spoiler
39d6c39a.jpg

LOL...fail on both accounts, Dev.

What is that? Both of those are hilarious. Way to go Amazon and NBC!

I detest Dustin Brown and Jeff Carter but the rest of the Kings team, organization, and fans deserve it.

Agreed with this entirely.
Brown is simply Burrows without the french accent. I can't believe how much people dislike Burrows but are fine with Brown. (I like neither) And Carter deserved to rot in Toronto for the next decade instead of winning the cup. The lesson here? Whine about not getting your way, pout it all the way to the bank and end up both rich and victorious.

That being said, LA deserved this. I'm super happy for the organization and very, very happy that Mitchell won the cup along with Gagne. I also love how the whole Kings team acknowledge the Old Man of the team and made sure he got the Cup immediately after Brown hoisted it. It's was funny watching them look for him in the crowd and shove him up there.

Honestly, I'm also glad that the team staff got it to. Robitaille as president getting this is awesome. Hrudy choking up on HNIC was pretty cool. Lombardi and Sutter getting the cup together finally that they deserved in SJ was equally fantastic.

Way to go LA.

An excellent run by the Devils lets not forget. I honestly thought the Panthers had a chance to outst them in Rd1 and they almost did. However the Devil's branded steel came out and they played a heck of a playoffs. Hats off to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back