What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Northern Hills in Rochester, MN yesterday. 83 with only one double bogey. Last set of 18 I played had an 80, again I only had one double. Starting to get the feel the greens there. Much better than my home course....

Played Soldier Hollow golf course which is where the US Amateur Public Links is being played this year in July. It is a tough links style course that was playing much harder than normal. The rough was at least 6-7" in the second cut and if you put your ball into it, just chop out and play safe. It literally had a US Open feel to it IMO.

I shot a 43/36. I started out +1 thru 5 holes and shot 6 over for the last 4 to finish the front. At that point I just relaxed and didn't think much anymore. I was 2 under on the back side up to 18. Perfect tee shot, chunked second shot, hit a good chip that landed 1 foot short and the thick rough held it up. It ruined my entire back side with a double on the 18th.

I really figured things out with my swing today. I can't wait to get out again!

Shot an 81 for my qualifier. Had a triple on 18 and a double on 14. But I'll make the cut- will know in a few hours. But I played great golf and putted well had three putts not lipped out I would have been Ben better.

So!!! Onto the Delaware ametuer!!

Best ballstriking day I think I have ever had in a single round for a complete round.

6_25_12Cimarron-1.jpg

38+40 = 78
14/18 GIR's
9/14 FIR's

39 Putts. 39. Thirty-nine. I was pretty happy with the day until I saw that stat, it makes me physically sick to my stomach. FIVE 3-putts.

Nice score Jman, but damn dude. 39 putts!! This testing seems to be arriving at the perfect time.

Best ballstriking day I think I have ever had in a single round for a complete round.

6_25_12Cimarron-1.jpg

38+40 = 78
14/18 GIR's
9/14 FIR's

39 Putts. 39. Thirty-nine. I was pretty happy with the day until I saw that stat, it makes me physically sick to my stomach. FIVE 3-putts.

well, were you hitting more GIR's than normal? Whereas you are usually chipping on and 2 putting from a closer distance?

Nice score Jman, but damn dude. 39 putts!! This testing seems to be arriving at the perfect time.

I'm at a genuine loss for words right now looking at the stats for today and really my last 11 rounds too. I get that putts generally go up when GIR's do too but I missed putts today I haven't missed since I started playing the game. It literally rots in my gut right now.

39 putts and I was still 3 strokes off my best round ever, what could have been just irritates the snot out of me. Thank God my fitting is tomorrow. I think there is a need for a write up in the SeeMore thread tonight. I'm genuinely ashamed of today dude.

well, were you hitting more GIR's than normal? Whereas you are usually chipping on and 2 putting from a closer distance?

3 more than average. But there is NO excuse for 39 putts, at all.

I'm at a genuine loss for words right now looking at the stats for today and really my last 11 rounds too. I get that putts generally go up when GIR's do too but I missed putts today I haven't missed since I started playing the game. It literally rots in my gut right now.

39 putts and I was still 3 strokes off my best round ever, what could have been just irritates the snot out of me. Thank God my fitting is tomorrow. I think there is a need for a write up in the SeeMore thread tonight. I'm genuinely ashamed of today dude.

I think that every average joe golfer that puts up high GIR's is gonna have high putting stats. That's why they say that those guys on tour are such good putters of the ball.

DJ sucks at putting but if you played a round with him you'd probably think he was the best putter that you'd ever played with.

Don't let it get to you. Make it drive you!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

3 more than average. But there is NO excuse for 39 putts, at all.

Its like our putters know something is up dude. I had 19 putts yesterday for my 9 holes played. Hello SeeMore!

6_25_12Cimarron-1.jpg

38+40 = 78
14/18 GIR's
9/14 FIR's

It's amazing how three putts can kill your round and leave you with that feeling in your belly with a pretty good score just make you think how easy that 78 could have been a 73. I was there last week and know exactly how you feel. Hopefully SeeMore will help you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that every average joe golfer that puts up high GIR's is gonna have high putting stats. That's why they say that those guys on tour are such good putters of the ball.

DJ sucks at putting but if you played a round with him you'd probably think he was the best putter that you'd ever played with.

Don't let it get to you. Make it drive you!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I get that, but I PRIDE myself on putting and genuinely believe I'm above average at rolling the rock, its the portion of the game I enjoy the most but something is amiss right now.

Its like our putters know something is up dude. I had 19 putts yesterday for my 9 holes played. Hello SeeMore!

Seriously. I'm telling you dude, I'm selling out to this completely and entirely. I love putting up a 78, LOVE, so don't get me wrong here, but with 14 GIR's it should be a better score than that, period. Tomorrows fitting can't come soon enough. I think I'm about to have a long winded write up in the testing thread for a pre-fitting illustration of where my putting is right now. I think it only right. Hold on tight.

Don't sweat it too much bro, you will get it straightened out. You have the dedication to make it happen!

Shot an 81 for my qualifier. Had a triple on 18 and a double on 14. But I'll make the cut- will know in a few hours. But I played great golf and putted well had three putts not lipped out I would have been Ben better.

Congrats!

Shot one of my lowest nine holes, 42 on the back at my local course the other day, felt really good and actually left a couple strokes out there. So you're telling me there's a chance!!!

Shot one of my lowest nine holes, 42 on the back at my local course the other day, felt really good and actually left a couple strokes out there. So you're telling me there's a chance!!!

Attaboy Icey! Heck of a 9 there dude!

+12/+16 ninetyfrikken ee eye gee aytch tee... yup 98

my brother is still in town and we decided to play a course neither of us had been to... lake wright golf course
couldnt get the ball to go anywhere and it must have been opposite day
id look at my target on the left and the ball would fly straight right and vice versa
phrase of the day "where in the heck did that go?"
not one hole had a couple of decent shots strung together... 1 good shot with 3-7 crappy shots mixed together
bro shot a 90 and his game wasnt too much better

Finally, after months of crappy golf, lessons and practice I shot an 85 today after shooting a 98 yesterday. Had six pars and a birdie, a few doubles and some bogeys.

Shot a 38 in our Monday nite 9. Starting to really hit the ball well. Had 2 birdies, 1 double, 2 bogeys. The double was due to a drive I didn't trust and hit it through the fairway and had to take an unplayable. I messed up two easy chips and missed 2 birdie putts I thought I made. I am able to take dead aim with the i20's and I am starting to hit the driver very well. Tonight was the first time I played the R11s with the Project X Black shaft and really like it. I think I am just about ready for my club's big match play event coming soon.

6_25_12Cimarron-1.jpg

38+40 = 78
14/18 GIR's
9/14 FIR's

Nice shootin' boys. 39 putts Jman? Man, that doesn't seem like you!

43-43=86
Played a really nice course that I have not played in years and it was in phenomenal shape. The greens ate me alive, they were quick with breaks that I could just never read properly. Burned a bunch of edges and never made a putt over 5 feet. Multiple birdie ops within 15 feet today.

1 triple, 2 doubles, and 1 birdie
9/14 FIR's
10/18 GIR's
38 putts including (4) 3 putts

If I hit the FW or was on a par 3 hole, I basically hit the GIR every time or if I missed, it was within 4 feet of the green. Few wayward tee shots towards the end of the round led to back to back doubles.

Shot a 41 in league today, aaaahhhhh! 0/7 FIR, 2/9 GIR, 15 putts - this is a telling story. Scrambling all day and just couldn't find my stroke, at all. I had physical therapy earlier this morning so I blame that! Really there are no excuses for this erratic play. I need to turn this around for my other league match on Wednesday. Man this was a frustrating round...

Just one of those days where your body just doesn't want to play.

43-43=86
Played a really nice course that I have not played in years and it was in phenomenal shape. The greens ate me alive, they were quick with breaks that I could just never read properly. Burned a bunch of edges and never made a putt over 5 feet. Multiple birdie ops within 15 feet today.

1 triple, 2 doubles, and 1 birdie
9/14 FIR's
10/18 GIR's
38 putts including (4) 3 putts

If I hit the FW or was on a par 3 hole, I basically hit the GIR every time or if I missed, it was within 4 feet of the green. Few wayward tee shots towards the end of the round led to back to back doubles.

Nice round, what course?

Shot 80 again tonight at my home course. With 3 birdies again. If I could just eliminate a blow up hole. Man I would almost be decent. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back