SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

Well, as long as Mike gets the box from Ted today, then yes I should be heading back tomorrow for a final hands-on fitting, and Mike would then assemble the putter for me before I leave.

That's awesome SharkHat!! You gotta love SeeMore surprises like that, I know my jaw hit the floor when Brady told me about building mine.

I can't wait to hear about tomorrow and what route you go!

I'm not sure why, but I really love the M6...

productimage-picture-m6-m6w-117_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

I like the simplicity of the design. It almost reminds me of a Bullseye shape.

BG, I messed with it at my fitting. That sucker is waaaaay to narrow for me lol.

Brady and I talked about it though and its cook that SeeMore has a design for everyone really. I mean, heck, think about the guys who grew up using a bullseye, the m6 would be right up their alley.

Shark what were you likes and dislikes with each of the three putters you tested?

Shark an awesome surprise indeed, can't wait to hear what you think of either after your next session!!!

BG, I messed with it at my fitting. That sucker is waaaaay to narrow for me lol.

Brady and I talked about it though and its cook that SeeMore has a design for everyone really. I mean, heck, think about the guys who grew up using a bullseye, the m6 would be right up their alley.

I would really find it interesting to monkey with the M6. I am a blade putter guy adn the FGP is pretty thin. I think I could be comfortable with it, but I would have to see it for sure. I wish somebody at SeeMore owed me a favor.

Well, as long as Mike gets the box from Ted today, then yes I should be heading back tomorrow for a final hands-on fitting, and Mike would then assemble the putter for me before I leave.

Now that sounds amazing. That's Seemore at their finest.

Shark what were you likes and dislikes with each of the three putters you tested?

Big FGP
This one was actually a surprise for me. My initial impressions were biased against the milled cavity of the FGP styles, and I didn't think that I was going to like it very much. I was wrong.

This putter rolled and sounded very sweet. This isn't from the m-series, but it still has a milled face (no insert). After spending time with it, the only thing that I still didn't like was the angular appearance of the back end of the mallet. I think that the Big FGP would be a fairly comparable to the FGP2, and if that's true, I would be comfortable choosing the FGP2 at this point.

SI3
There is nothing I don't like about this putter in the appearance department. Rolling it reminded me of my gamer prior to the Odyssey DART, which was a Ping Karsten B60i. I'd say that this is a small to mid mallet, as it's more compact but still has a very solid feel. The SI3 does have a thermoplastic insert, and felt nice and soft. This compares to the m9 (which has a milled aluminum insert). If you like mallets, either the SI3 or m9 would be easy to game.

SI4
You know, after looking at the Seemore site, I think it might have actually been a DB4 that we worked with today instead of the SI4.

Here's the DB4

productimage-picture-black-gunmetal-db4-one-line-top-only-530_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

I remember the putter had a small top line, which made alignment more difficult for me, having come from a DART. The SI4 has a longer line, in the cavity instead of on top.

I like the looks of the putter, I really do. The appearance is very "playeresque". I mean, this putter just looks like it would be comfortable in a staff bag, right? Unfortunately, the RST markings are TINY, because of their location on the hosel. Also, this putter ended up just not being stable for me. Instability means inconsistency. What I mean by not stable is that I could feel myself having to manipulate the putter in the stroke to keep it square or on path. Figure eights are not an acceptable path.
This is a great putter, that is unfortunately just beyond my skill level I think.

Just gone back over the 30+ pages and the further I got into reading the reviews and videos the more and more I thought about how much I might be able to improve this area in my game with what you guys are bringing to the table with SeeMore. I have always been a feel putter which is a big reason why I switched to a blade putter (SC right now). But in doing so, I think many of my mechanics may be suffering.

Question: How do I go about finding a fitting contact with SeeMore in my area?

Always enjoy your thoughts and comment Tadashi and will be following you closely throughout this process. I am curious to see if your excitement for the putter remains after the honeymoon is over. Jman, keep doing what your doing! Love the info you bring to the table. Buck, love that you are making some changes in this process. Really curious to see if these changes transulate into better putting?! BBB, solid reporting and feedback! Rekimoto, great opening thoughts and videos on your process. Really enjoyed watching it. Shark, curious to see how your adventure goes with your putter. I want feedback!

Thanks again guys for doing a great job thus far.

ADOPTING THE SEEMORE PUTTING METHOD

In anticipation of the arrival of my mFGP, I have been spending some time working on my new posture, grip, and stroke that I will be transitioning to once my SeeMore arrives. My SPi instructor, Chris, has given me a few pointers and stroke changes to make that I have be practicing and took out on the course with me yesterday.

Since I will be moving from my Boccieri mallet to a blade, the mFGP, I have been practicing lately with my Odyssey Tour Designs #6, a heel shafted blade putter. I put the #6 back in my bag and headed out to my ‘home’ course, Jefferson Park Golf club in Seattle.

I went out as a single and didn’t have any time to practice putting before I tee’d off, but I know the greens at Jefferson really well and didn’t think I would be at much of a disadvantage.
On the first hole, I missed my approach shot just right of the green and chipped to about 6 feet, by no means a comfortable distance at any time for me, let alone the first putt of the day. I read the putt as just outside right edge and firm, and got myself aligned. I took my practice strokes, stepped up to the ball, and sunk the putt dead center. I then proceeded to have one of my BEST putting rounds in recent memory.

It’s hard to say really what was happening, but seemingly out of nowhere, and by implementing only the slightest bit of change to my stance and stroke, I was suddenly starting everything on my intended line and my distance control was maybe the best it has been. I made a few 15-20 footers (two for birdie, one for...well...we dont need to talk about that hole) and it seemed that all of my lag putts were ending up right in a 2-3ft circle around the cup. Now, it wasn’t all gravy, I did have one 3-putt, and pulled two, short, par saving putts, but overall I really liked what I was seeing and feeling.

PUTTING THOUGHTS
The 3 thoughts I was working with throughout the round were:
  • Stand more upright with the ball towards the middle of my stance
  • Grip more in the fingers ( I would take one practice swing with my thumbs OFF of the grip to accentuate this feeling.)
  • Finish the arc, low and left (I have a tendency to lift the putter head up and straight down the line in the follow through)
With just these changes, and without much time to practice them, I already saw a marked improvement and I can only imagine that things will get even better when my SeeMore arrives and my setup becomes just that much more consistent with the assistance of RST.

It has already been talked about quite a bit in here, what a more upright posture and swinging from the shoulders can do for the putting stroke, but it really did wonders for my lag putting. I felt like I was just effortlessly rolling the ball to the hole and my ball speed really seemed, for once, to be truly predictable. I imagine this has something to do with moving the ball back in my stance and lessening my tendency to add loft to the putter at impact. I am now really curious to see how this changes once I am setting up with the RST and hopefully improving my ability to return the putter face to the ball with an even more consistent loft.

GRIP
The lightened, more finger-based grip is probably the biggest change in feeling overall for me. It still feels a little strange to me, as it really kind of seems like I have LESS control of the club. The results, however, tell a different story. I really just seem to have a better feel for speed with this grip, im not sure what it is or how to really explain it. It is kind of bizzare actually. My stroke almost feels a little sloppy or loose with this grip but yet the dispersion on my longer putts is significantly tighter. It is change that I really just need to trust, as I found myself gripping down a little tighter with my palm on some of those 4-6 foot par saving putts and I had to catch myself and readjust a couple of times.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
I like what I am seeing so far from the changes that my SPi instructor told me to work on. There is A LOT of work still to be done on this, and well, I don’t even have my putter yet. The best part is that I am genuinely excited about doing the work and putting in the practice time to implement these changes. There is something about the SeeMore method that really clicks with me. It’s simple and it just makes a lot of sense.

Things are just in their earliest stages with this, but I am getting the feeling that this instruction, coupled with my new putter, could truly take my game to the next level. Who knows, it could simply be that I am starting to believe in this system and that is instilling more confidence in my putting and that alone is making me more successful on the greens. So far, I have only played 27 holes trying to implement this new putting stroke, so I don’t know how legitimate the improvement I have seen really is. BUT, I do know there are some positive things happening and I am really excited to see where I can go with this.

I just got back from meeting with my instructor in Franklin......WOW!

I must say that when this first started I was a little too focused on the putter alone and not much on the "process". After today, as long as I keep with it, I'm sure I'm on my way to being a better putter. John Higgins (my SPi instructor) was fantastic, when I first got there he showed me around and let me snap some pictures.
Spoiler
John on the left/ me on the right
DSC07527.jpg
DSC07537.jpg
DSC07538.jpg

John had me stroke some putts to see how lost I was (HA) and I was happy to hear it wasn't too bad. My main struggles were keeping my eyes somewhat outside the ball, not keeping my head level, too much grip pressure, and alignment inconsistencies.

• My eyes not being slightly inside the ball was causing me to manipulate the shaft to hide the red dot and, of course, affecting my alignment. I just have to remember to keep everything neutral and centered, this stuff is so simple to fix yet easy to slop up.
  • My head would tend to lean (chin toward target) and not go back to neutral after checking my line. The biggest problem with that was also manipulating the shaft to hide the dot. Once again just letting the RST and SeeMore process work is all that's needed.
  • I tend to squeeze a bit from time to time and John gave me an easy tip to fix that; grip with the fingers (thumbs not even on the grip) and take some practice strokes before. He also had me hit some putts that way (thumbs hovering) to get a feel for it and the benefits were quick and obvious.
  • The alignment inconsistencies were mainly coming from all of the above, either alone or combined. It is so simple to just center the putter in your stance and go from there, but sometimes I'll complicate anything.

With the tools SeeMore and John have provided there is no reason I can't become a better putter. I've never taken any kind of golf lessons, but after the putting lesson today I can truly say I will be. The short time today, combined with the training aids and instruction are going to make a huge difference in my putting.

This is where the magic happens, also can be seen in instructional videos by SeeMore.
DSC07520.jpg

John and I
DSC07528.jpg

I had made myself some promises on my 3 hour drive down also, but I just can't always keep my word. I hate myself for it, but love myself at the same time.
Spoiler
DSC07552.jpg
DSC07550.jpg
DSC07548.jpg
DSC07547.jpg
DSC07546.jpg
DSC07544.jpg

I honestly couldn't help it.

Just gone back over the 30+ pages and the further I got into reading the reviews and videos the more and more I thought about how much I might be able to improve this area in my game with what you guys are bringing to the table with SeeMore. I have always been a feel putter which is a big reason why I switched to a blade putter (SC right now). But in doing so, I think many of my mechanics may be suffering.

Question: How do I go about finding a fitting contact with SeeMore in my area?

Always enjoy your thoughts and comment Tadashi and will be following you closely throughout this process. I am curious to see if your excitement for the putter remains after the honeymoon is over. Jman, keep doing what your doing! Love the info you bring to the table. Buck, love that you are making some changes in this process. Really curious to see if these changes transulate into better putting?! BBB, solid reporting and feedback! Rekimoto, great opening thoughts and videos on your process. Really enjoyed watching it. Shark, curious to see how your adventure goes with your putter. I want feedback!

Thanks again guys for doing a great job thus far.

Nate, check here buddy!

http://www.seemore.com/locator/instructors/

Thanks for the kind words too man!

MG! AWESOME!!!

The pic's are great and I love what followed you home man! I won't lie, after seeing that one in person I've considered doing the same thing.

Its amazing the similarities in our "faults" and the processes to work on them, I think that speaks volumes for the SPi method myself.

Excellent stuff.

MG! AWESOME!!!

The pic's are great and I love what followed you home man! I won't lie, after seeing that one in person I've considered doing the same thing.

Its amazing the similarities in our "faults" and the processes to work on them, I think that speaks volumes for the SPi method myself.

Excellent stuff.

One thing that impresses me about SeeMore is that they don't pay players to use their putters, they use them because that's THE putter they want, the SPi fundamentals are amazing.

It was hard going into the warehouse down there and not leaving broke. Those guys couldn't say enough about THP either, John LOVED the citrus headcover I had on my mFGP2...in hindsight, I feel bad for not leaving it with him, that dude is awesome.

Dang MG that thing is boss! I love it! Cant even describe how jealous I am right now man. Congrats and thanks for the write up too, well done.

This testing thread has been an awesome read. The guys at SeeMore are doing a great job working with the testers.

Great write up MG, I love that putter and I'm sure you and I share some of the same faults. I would love to know as this thread moves forward, the drills that Seemore is giving you guys to do to fix what putting faults.

I'll tell you this, if I'm ever in an area that has a SeeMore putting lab I will be going to make an appointment so that I can get this done.

Nice update MG! That things looks better in your pix than I think it does on the site. Looks like it is very easy to align the ball.

Man those pics make me want a M5x lol

Truth. And having held it in hand it makes me want it more. I can see I've joining my little group at some point in down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That m5x looks gorgeous, MG!

Tapping from my S3

haha well if we get together for a round I might let you touch one. Look at that face, all kinds of awesome going on there.

haha well if we get together for a round I might let you touch one. Look at that face, all kinds of awesome going on there.

I wish I could share mine but I struggle with sharing my putters. Lol anyway make sure you're fitted for a 35" thanks bro!

I wish I could share mine but I struggle with sharing my putters. Lol anyway make sure you're fitted for a 35" thanks bro!

Mmhmm. Not gonna happen putter ho. 34" for Kmac

Back