2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be really fun to have caddies for the MC 3.0 :p Too bad it's all cart riding :)

Gonna have to disagree on that one! I could hardly walk Sunday and we carted it all weekend.

THIS^^^^ If TMC ever went to walking rounds, I would be out for sure. I would never make it around for 36, especially in that heat. Plus, there is not enough anti-monkey butt powder in the world.

I'm truly jelous. This has to be an amazing experience. Hope I can parttake next year...

I'm not volunteering to be a caddy, that's for sure. If people would have walked this weekend, someone could have had serious health issues. It was that hot.

It could be cool but probably too slow and difficult for some staffers especially in the heat! Kelly mentioned the distances between holes which is an issue as well

Honestly dude I was thinking the same. I played on Wednesday afternoon with One-t, TC and Yoccos. It took us 5 hours and we were moving along. A lot of the holes over there have 200 - 300 yard drives from green to next tee and even some holes had 500 yards distance away from green to tee
Its so awesome getting a walkers perspective on a ride only course. Dudes, our group was fast and it was a long round.

I think caddies is an awesome idea. I'd love to caddie. As much as carrying the bags would suck, it would be an awesome way for non-staffers to get involved in the competition more.

There are plenty of opportunities for non staffers to get involved.

I'm not volunteering to be a caddy, that's for sure. If people would have walked this weekend, someone could have had serious health issues. It was that hot.

It's Florida in July. It's gonna be hot. Guaranteed. :bulgy-eyes:

Honestly dude I was thinking the same. I played on Wednesday afternoon with One-t, TC and Yoccos. It took us 5 hours and we were moving along. A lot of the holes over there have 200 - 300 yard drives from green to next tee and even some holes had 500 yards distance away from green to tee

Exactly. It's a different game over here. Our conversation during wednesday afternoons round was enlightening and makes me a little nervous about coming over there in the future and playing a round. I couldn't imagine walking courses here, especially the ones I play typically.

as much as i am for walking...you simply don't walk these types of courses, due to green to next tee layout on a lot of them.
also, i would pity the poor idiot who has to carry a Cleveland staff bag. hell, i don't even want to carry it from my house into my car!

There are plenty of opportunities for non staffers to get involved.

Exactly! I would love to have more volunteers next year, how awesome would it be to have one camera person just go along with each group and capture the entire round?

Exactly! I would love to have more volunteers next year, how awesome would it be to have one camera person just go along with each group and capture the entire round?

That would be ideal, for sure. I think you had just as much fun being down there as I did.

as much as i am for walking...you simply don't walk these types of courses, due to green to next tee layout on a lot of them.
also, i would pity the poor idiot who has to carry a Cleveland staff bag. hell, i don't even want to carry it from my house into my car!

As much Gatorade as you had in there it was heavy.

God the heat was unrelenting. TC said something about it was 92* and I replied "that's all?" I think he took it the wrong way but it felt soooo much hotter than that. I felt so bad for my poor Cleveland classics polo, there isn't a polo alive that would keep up with amount of sweat I was producing.

That would be so cool. Put out the footage of each match and people can watch the entire thing.

God the heat was unrelenting. TC said something about it was 92* and I replied "that's all?" I think he took it the wrong way but it felt soooo much hotter than that. I felt so bad for my poor Cleveland classics polo, there isn't a polo alive that would keep up with amount of sweat I was producing.
I once hugged Hanks and Coolbreez and regretted it for once.

Its so awesome getting a walkers perspective on a ride only course. Dudes, our group was fast and it was a long round.

I'd consider myself a fit enough guy and I was exhausted Sunday afternoon along with everyone else. I think even for safety alone you couldnt let anyone walk. Even the volunteers were wrecked and they were all in carts

Yup that would be awesome. You all rocked it this year

That would be so cool. Put out the footage of each match and people can watch the entire thing.

Well except for Chunkys matches. They'd probably only get a few of his shots due to his NSFW language hehe

Kelly's coming back? Awesome.

Can I ask any of the volunteers a question? What did it cost you guys to get down there and help out for the weekend. If I can do it for a fair amount cheaper than the Outing, then that may be something that happens next year if I play my cards right.

I crashed on a couch and drove about 4 hours to get there. I guess it cost me about a tank of gas and food there. I would have had to buy food at the house though. So just a tank of gas.

I actually love the idea of caddies, especially if the event went to a golf course(s) where caddies were readily available. The heat this year just made it very tough to even imagine walking.

In terms of the duration of rounds, you have to remember that the rounds aren't "normal" rounds of golf. They are rounds in competition, which always take longer, and on top of that every player does multiple interviews in the middle of the rounds, which add to the time of the round.

Yes you are of course right. But I Honestly thought that the course was "private" during like half a day with only the MCers out so time wasn't an issue.

Wow.. That's sick! I've only played one course over there but it didn't have those big gaps!

I wonder if any other company feels "forced" to join in. It's good PR for the ones that supports the MC amongst amateurs + and they get to show equipment they sell used by amateurs and just not the stuff the guys on Tour use.

Seems like really good exposure and good will for little money. TM may not feel they need to care, but if I was Mizuno, Cobra, Nike, I'd beg to participate.

I really don't care which 2 or 3 OEM's decide to get involved. I just hope they know we're going to bring it and rock the heck out of their brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back