2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
So stoked for another, the MC 2.0 participants brought it huge this year and I hope the 3.0 participants can do the same!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
all the excitement about the name contest has me scared to go out golfing again today i missed the announcement by 30 minutes last night and there were already like 40 pages of names when i got home from my round. lol Amazing how big this has grown in such a short time! really awesome! im already looking forward to 3.0 and we still have so much great video to watch from this years!

all the excitement about the name contest has me scared to go out golfing again today i missed the announcement by 30 minutes last night and there were already like 40 pages of names when i got home from my round. lol Amazing how big this has grown in such a short time! really awesome! im already looking forward to 3.0 and we still have so much great video to watch from this years!

no joke, I went to help a lady at our church move to a new apartment, and 2 hours later, it was nearly 1,000 posts....thats insane. Ive only been around a year and a half but its been unreal to see the growth this site has seen and the excitement with all of the things going around on here

I just wanted to drop a little something on everyone racking their brain about the MC 3.0. It's been said over and over again. You get out of it what you put in. If you want to sit back and hope it comes to you, don't. Get involved and get involved early. I mean really get into the spirit of the event. Read some past threads, talk to the 24, talk to those that have volunteered and ask questions in the post Morgan cup threads. It doesn't end when the trophy is handed out.

Its not a clique and it's not the 'in crowd'. It's a group of men and women coming together, as strangers many of them, for a common goal. These men and women are now life long friends. All of them....not just the players, but the wives, voluteers, reps from OEMs...they all built a lastng bond. When it started I am sure that goal was different for everyone but I bet if you ask now that will have the same answer.

Remain active, participate and embrace the forum. JB and GG will be sure we all know the rules, requiements and happenings as it pertains to the MC. It's an event like no other as we can all see. You want to know what it is like to be part of this event, be yourself and be ready to deliver when the time comes. That is all you can control. Some will make it and others won't. But we are all still a family on THP and that really all that matters in the end.

Great post Freddie, you nailed it.

I must say its rather amazing that no company that you've approached has said no. Says a lot about you, GG and this forum. You should be proud :)

/chunkyreply

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

I thought the same thing when I read it, that speaks volumes about JB, GG and THP reputations in the golf industry. How awesome!

I just wanted to drop a little something on everyone racking their brain about the MC 3.0. It's been said over and over again. You get out of it what you put in. If you want to sit back and hope it comes to you, don't. Get involved and get involved early. I mean really get into the spirit of the event. Read some past threads, talk to the 24, talk to those that have volunteered and ask questions in the post Morgan cup threads. It doesn't end when the trophy is handed out.

Its not a clique and it's not the 'in crowd'. It's a group of men and women coming together, as strangers many of them, for a common goal. These men and women are now life long friends. All of them....not just the players, but the wives, voluteers, reps from OEMs...they all built a lastng bond. When it started I am sure that goal was different for everyone but I bet if you ask now that will have the same answer.

Remain active, participate and embrace the forum. JB and GG will be sure we all know the rules, requiements and happenings as it pertains to the MC. It's an event like no other as we can all see. You want to know what it is like to be part of this event, be yourself and be ready to deliver when the time comes. That is all you can control. Some will make it and others won't. But we are all still a family on THP and that really all that matters in the end.

Freddie I think you nailed it, or at least I assume you did. I have said time and again that these Mcers truly worked their butts off and not just playing golf but repping their sponsors and being active.. It is a lot of work to be a staffer, but I am sure even more fun!

I think people need to really do an honest self assessment before entering. The inclination to think only about the free stuff (equipment, clothes, etc.) runs very high as seen in lots of posts but the reality of the responsibility (as I understand it) is so much more:

1) can you commit and follow through on a long-term assignment. Aremyou someone who finishes projects that you start. It's a time consuming undertaking... Pay attention when the past MCers talk about the time they devoted to this.

2) do you have access to vid equipment for shooting the necessary vid updates

3) can you afford the financial part of it... Not only the actual trip, but the practice time going in.

4) if you have a family, will you have their support. This is like marathon training. It will consume you. If you don't have "familial" buy-in, it will be difficult.

And these are just the ones that come to mind.

I'm not trying to be a downer here, just realistic. I wish I had the game to apply, but don't. If I did have the game I couldn't commit because I'm still without consistent income. My goal is to be able to get to MC 3.0 as a volunteer and that will be quite the undertaking.

SD that was quite possibly one of the best post I've ever seen. Can't rep right now, but but that post deserves a lot of it. Well said.

Sent from my HTC One X

Nice posts freddie and sd!! Very well said!

Yeah I would love to make it down to next year's outing and MC to volunteer and then maybe throw my name in the hat for Morgan Cup 4.0.

I think people need to really do an honest self assessment before entering. The inclination to think only about the free stuff (equipment, clothes, etc.) runs very high as seen in lots of posts but the reality of the responsibility (as I understand it) is so much more:

1) can you commit and follow through on a long-term assignment. Aremyou someone who finishes projects that you start. It's a time consuming undertaking... Pay attention when the past MCers talk about the time they devoted to this.

2) do you have access to vid equipment for shooting the necessary vid updates

3) can you afford the financial part of it... Not only the actual trip, but the practice time going in.

4) if you have a family, will you have their support. This is like marathon training. It will consume you. If you don't have "familial" buy-in, it will be difficult.

And these are just the ones that come to mind.

I'm not trying to be a downer here, just realistic. I wish I had the game to apply, but don't. If I did have the game I couldn't commit because I'm still without consistent income. My goal is to be able to get to MC 3.0 as a volunteer and that will be quite the undertaking.

Everyone should read this IMO, unreal post.

Let me start by saying that I understand that people are trying to help, but before people preach "rules" and what others need to think about, perhaps everybody should wait for the rules to be announced for next year. As with everything we do here, there are lots of changes to each and every event.

Let me start by saying that I understand that people are trying to help, but before people preach "rules" and what others need to think about, perhaps everybody should wait for the rules to be announced for next year. As with everything we do here, there are lots of changes to each and every event.

Spot on JB, I,m reserving comment until rules and regs are posted. But to answer your ? Spazzdog, I am very committed to any project, This was instilled in me by the military!

I just can't wait to see how much bigger and better this can get. Each time I think THP has reached its ceiling or pinnacle, JB, GG and the rest of THP manage to raise the bar SIGNIFICANTLY.

You know last night I went back and read some of the old Morgan Cup threads. All the way back to the original Morgan Cup.

I'll be honest I was looking for something that might inspire me to think of a good team name.

But I realized something. The original Morgan Cup, had a lot of hype surrounding it, and it was a special event at the time. Morgan Cup 2.0, was a whole different ball game, the hype and involvement of 2.0 was spectacular. Looking forward now to Morgan Cup 3.0, the things we already know about it, which is miniscule at this point, and the participation we are seeing at this point, I truly cannot fathom how great thus event is going to be, our what JB and GamerGirl well come up with next. I'm in awe.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

Who's GamerGirl? :alien:

But in all seriousness, you're right, JB and GG have continually ramped up both the Outing/Demo Day and the Morgan Cup. They've learned from mistakes and made their dreams even bigger. And they are already doing it again.

Wow I'm not sure what I've been thinking... GolferGal*

I'll just stick to saying GG in the future.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

Perhaps eventually it will get big enough so that we have a MC West and MC East, then a MC showdown, then MC Europe, then finally, the MC Tour. :banana:

A question for JB and GG: When will the naming contest be closed? Just wondering. You guys are going to have a LOT of posts to go through...

I think that Callaway was happy with how the 2nd Morgan Cup went, based on this tweet that just went out:
"@CallawayGolf Use your cleverness and grab an automatic spot in next year's Ultimate Amateur Golf Event w/ @hackersparadise"

I think that Callaway was happy with how the 2nd Morgan Cup went, based on this tweet that just went out:
"@CallawayGolf Use your cleverness and grab an automatic spot in next year's Ultimate Amateur Golf Event w/ @hackersparadise"
That is awesome!

That's just awesome.

thats awesome to see

Umm yeah, that is awfully darn cool!

Sweet!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back