Round 1 Coverage - 2012 Ultimate Amateur Golf Event - The Morgan Cup

My match kind of surprised me. Tmex and I played a practice round on Wednesday and shot 10 under at True Blue playing Blue tees on the 3's and 5's. Howzat and Tim brought it and shot 5 under on the front 9 and had us looking down the barrel. We worked hard to square that match.

I was surprised just how close a lot of the matches seemed.

There were 2 matches that surprised me.

1)JB/Coolbreeze vs TripleBogieTim/Seth - I thought this match would be closer than people were saying on the forum. It turned out to be a real battle, one that I know each of the 4 guys really appreciated.

2)Biggsy/SW vs One-T/INgolfer - I thought this was going to be close as well, but I thought One-T and IN would probably win the match. I was happy to see both Danny and John play well and take the point on the 18th. It's always tough when you see 2 single digit guys going up against a single digit and mid-capper because the match can really go either way.

Not that I was surprised by this one, but I think the GHSace/Howzat match vs TC/Yoccos opened a lot of eyes too.

My match kind of surprised me. Tmex and I played a practice round on Wednesday and shot 10 under at True Blue playing Blue tees on the 3's and 5's. Howzat and Tim brought it and shot 5 under on the front 9 and had us looking down the barrel. We worked hard to square that match.

It didn't help you out that you were just burning edge after edge. It started to look like they were putting to a hole designed for a putt putt course and you were putting to one of those little holes you see on some greens that are just barely big enough for the ball to fit into.

There were some surprising matches out there and some really good play. Goes to show you why you always play the matches.

It didn't help you out that you were just burning edge after edge. It started to look like they were putting to a hole designed for a putt putt course and you were putting to one of those little holes you see on some greens that are just barely big enough for the ball to fit into.

We couldn't make squat dude. It was a fun match. Tim hit two of the par 3's to gimme range as well. And Dooooken never misses fairways.

The thing that surprised me the most was just how good looking Hawk and I are as a team. Wow. Take One-T and Breezy out of the mix and well we're top 10 for sure.

Honestly I was suprised by our match too....I had been putting well.....but nobody goes out and expects to make that many long putts.

The Biggsy/SW vs INGolfer/One-T match suprised me too

The thing that surprised me the most was just how good looking Hawk and I are as a team. Wow. Take One-T and Breezy out of the mix and well we're top 10 for sure.

Jake my uncle has a nice shiny chrome dome like yourself and he told me this weekend, think how much money I shave on shampoo and haircuts.. I thought it was very funny

We couldn't make squat dude. It was a fun match. Tim hit two of the par 3's to gimme range as well. And Dooooken never misses fairways.

The bold part is also crazy. Usually you're not aiming for tap in's on par 3's!

There were 2 matches that surprised me.

1)JB/Coolbreeze vs TripleBogieTim/Seth - I thought this match would be closer than people were saying on the forum. It turned out to be a real battle, one that I know each of the 4 guys really appreciated.

2)Biggsy/SW vs One-T/INgolfer - I thought this was going to be close as well, but I thought One-T and IN would probably win the match. I was happy to see both Danny and John play well and take the point on the 18th. It's always tough when you see 2 single digit guys going up against a single digit and mid-capper because the match can really go either way.

Not that I was surprised by this one, but I think the GHSace/Howzat match vs TC/Yoccos opened a lot of eyes too.
I am not a single digit hdcp.

Team THP and team Paradise - 2.5 pts. Team Hackers - 1 pt.

Tapping from my S3
we caught so much hell for this btw. funny how the tables turned.

There is no replay coverage unfortunately. Hopefully you can join us tomorrow or pick up the DVD when it becomes available.

I'll definitely be tuning in tomorrow and I will pick up the DVD when it is released.

we caught so much hell for this btw. funny how the tables turned.

There is an ugly rumor going around that Cookie was taking getting gimmes at 5 ft. I saw it out of my rangefinder from 2 holes away. I think you guys won, but not by the amount you are saying. I mean on paper while backpedaling, it appears that he may have cheated. Can you confirm this?

There is an ugly rumor going around that Cookie was taking getting gimmes at 5 ft. I saw it out of my rangefinder from 2 holes away. I think you guys won, but not by the amount you are saying. I mean on paper while backpedaling, it appears that he may have cheated. Can you confirm this?

I can not confirm this. Although, I will say that the match with SW, Versace, Cookie, and me there were some very nice gimmes involved. But, we know the outcome of that match. I wouldnt think Jake would let Cookie have a 5 ft gimme. ask Lucas.

Nope. Jake sucks at gimmies.

Sorry if this has been asked already or if it is obvious but will these videos be archived / available somewhere for later viewing for those of us currently "at work"?

Sorry if this has been asked already or if it is obvious but will these videos be archived / available somewhere for later viewing for those of us currently "at work"?
there will be a DVD with all rounds available to purchase in the THP store once its all said and done.

One and done, although it'll be available for purchase soon

I need to make it a point one of these days to get back and play True Blue. Course was so much fun to be on, and watching you guys hit some amazing shots had me itchin' to play it.
WE...did you get to play it any before the MC started?

there will be a DVD with all rounds available to purchase in the THP store once its all said and done.

Great - thanks for the info.

Back