2012 Morgan Cup Coverage

haha. I will make it a point to charge that phone tonight and get the video off of it as well as the pictures.

It was the coolest thing I have seen on the golf course so far. I think we all went a little nuts on the tee box. I just remember telling John that I wanted a beer as it was in the air and then to see it hop right into the hole was just amazing. I started jumping up and down and watching Biggsy just start running around yelling with the rest of us. He tried to give me a high five, but I gave him a big bear hug (or as much of a bear hug as someone my size can give).

So, a little more BooBoo than Yogi?

Did I miss the second day? Just got a quick break

Absolutely outstanding coverage for day 2...and I am SO pumped for day 3!

Tapping from my S3

What a great second day of video coverage. Incredible to be a part of and then relive on video.

looking forward to the singles matches tomorrow afternoon!

Those guys out there all look like scratch golfers. Darts were thrown everywhere, insane!

So after Day 1, Team Hackers was getting wrecked. We were drinking that night and laughing at how awful we were doing. So that is my excuse for my awful speech. I had nothing planned because we couldn't win!! Lets just point out that Yorkem has the most points for us after the first day

Since I didn't get to see any of today's coverage, I'm looking forward to tomorrow....except that I have to watch the Team Hackers comeback!

I missed it, but based on some comments I've seen today's coverage was very good and liked all around.

I will say, yesterday's coverage surprised me. Not what I was expecting.

I missed it, but based on some comments I've seen today's coverage was very good and liked all around.

I will say, yesterday's coverage surprised me. Not what I was expecting.

what was surprising to you? I think a lot of people were

Those guys out there all look like scratch golfers. Darts were thrown everywhere, insane!

I was thinking the same thing....I am not sure I can play with those guys!! That was like Sunday afternoon!

I was thinking the same thing....I am not sure I can play with those guys!! That was like Sunday afternoon!

I wouldn't have that attitude, the cameras and editing made a lot of us look better than we really are.

I wouldn't have that attitude, the cameras and editing made a lot of us look better than we really are.

Thankfully!

We all played at a pretty high level, but we are (mostly) all in the 5-15 hcp range. There were loose shots just like anybody else would hit.

Plenty of ugly shots hit....editing is a wonderful thing...LOL

I just want to have the honor to play with some of these fine dudes! Amazing stuff and group of people!!

TMC is about the positives, not the negatives.

If you saw everything, we would likely be looking at 10 hours of coverage I would guess. To get this manageable, they took about 3 hours of coverage and put a ton of great golf out there for us to watch.

There was some GREAT golf being played, and there were also some poor shots - no doubt about it. BUT, everyone of the 24 golfers worked on their game as much as they could (injuries prevented some from doing as much as they wanted to) and I think everyone played some of the best golf they have ever played. I know personally, I went from about a 13 to a 9 handicap during the prep work and multiple other guys saw similar improvements from a handicap perspective.

With all that said, I would not shy away from applying for fear of not being good enough. Several guys selected were right at the 18 handicap border, got that down over the last 8 months, showed up, and played some kicka$$ golf. Nothing (in my experience) makes you want to improve like the Morgan Cup.

If you saw everything, we would likely be looking at 10 hours of coverage I would guess. To get this manageable, they took about 3 hours of coverage and put a ton of great golf out there for us to watch.

There was some GREAT golf being played, and there were also some poor shots - no doubt about it. BUT, everyone of the 24 golfers worked on their game as much as they could (injuries prevented some from doing as much as they wanted to) and I think everyone played some of the best golf they have ever played. I know personally, I went from about a 13 to a 9 handicap during the prep work and multiple other guys saw similar improvements from a handicap perspective.

With all that said, I would not shy away from applying for fear of not being good enough. Several guys selected were right at the 18 handicap border, got that down over the last 8 months, showed up, and played some kicka$$ golf. Nothing (in my experience) makes you want to improve like the Morgan Cup.

What he said!

Back