The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chick in you will love it. Pretty soon you'll smell nice from the soap, and will be eating tiny pieces of individually packed salmon and $9.00 organic frozen pizzas that weigh 11.3 ounces. Oh, and I'm sure you'll take up wine drinking.

Kevin

Well, we already shop at Earth Fare and Greenlife so I imagine this isn't very different. I'm not a wine drinker my friend.

It's a pretty cool place. Awesome body wash too, yeah, that's right, awesome body wash.
Fact buddy! Their citrus body wash is unbelievable, and their coffee is great. My MIL just got back from Seattle and we had her pick us up over $150 in stuff from Trader Joes and if you've shopped at TJ's you know how much sh!t you can get there for $150

Well, we already shop at Earth Fare and Greenlife so I imagine this isn't very different. I'm not a wine drinker my friend.

I would assume they are very similar TC, I dont know if Trader Joes sells high life so you might be out

They are very different TC.

We just got a trader joes in the area Though I haven't gone yet

Trader Joes is much cheaper than Whole Foods, at least it was in CA. Their ready-to-eat foods were really great (if you didn't feel like cooking) and the snacks are yummy. Favorite crackers are Trader Joes Gorganzola crackers.

Hello Virginia.

Ya they have 2 buck chuck, a bottle of wine that with tax is around 3 bucks, my girlfriend always has me buy her a couple bottles when I go out there, I am not a wine guy but she really likes it
Not inb KC, Taylor. It's three buck chuck here. I've only been in another one in California, and there it is two buck chuck.

I think you have Trader Joes and Whole Foods confused.
Trader Joes values are quite good actually.

I assure you I don't have them confused, but I will agree Whole Paycheck is at a completely different level. Traders Joes annoys me. I like the oilve oil and the Irish Breakfast Blend Decaf Tea. Their cheese selection is laughable, their meats and seafood even funnier. The pre-made meals are tiny for the prices. I guess the crackers and that kind of stuff are okay, but you can't tell me items like chocolate covered almonds and whatnot are a better value than a bag of almond M & Ms. My daughter likes the juices. I understand people like the wine selection. Not my thing. We have three grocery stores within five minutes of my house that carry products just as good, and I can actually buy a steak or some shrimp of good quality while in them. I get dragged along to one about 40 minutes through traffic once in a while, and another is opening close by in the near future.

I'll stay home for those trips.

Kevin

I assure you I don't have them confused, but I will agree Whole Paycheck is at a completely different level. Traders Joes annoys me. I like the oilve oil and the Irish Breakfast Blend Decaf Tea. Their cheese selection is laughable, their meats and seafood even funnier. The pre-made meals are tiny for the prices. I guess the crackers and that kind of stuff are okay, but you can't tell me items like chocolate covered almonds and whatnot are a better value than a bag of almond M & Ms. My daughter likes the juices. I understand people like the wine selection. Not my thing. We have three grocery stores within five minutes of my house that carry products just as good, and I can actually buy a steak or some shrimp of good quality while in them. I get dragged along to one about 40 minutes through traffic once in a while, and another is opening close by in the near future.

I'll stay home for those trips.

Kevin
For me its all about the wide selection of organic foods at great prices. Sure I could get cheaper non organic foods at other places for cheaper, but when all you buy is organic food (like we do) the prices and selection of Trader Joes is unrivaled.

Oh my bad Smalls! Regardless super cheap hehe

Jacqui get most of our wine at Red-X in Riverside. Lots of $2.99 to $3.99 wines there (plus she gets cigarettes there also). Trader Joe's is OK, but it's a little drive for us, so we only go if we're going to be over that way anyway.

I find their prepared foods to be cheaper than most stores for what I am getting. Looking at the frozen pizza you used as an example, all the ones at Trader Joes are less than $4.50 and are just fine for portion size if you ask me. Compare that to a regular grocery store and I see "Digiorno at more, Freschetta at more and countless others. Then the taste separates it.

Same thing with their prepared pasta meals which are quite good. Sometimes you get what you pay for and other times you dont.

Jacqui get most of our wine at Red-X in Riverside. Lots of $2.99 to $3.99 wines there (plus she gets cigarettes there also). Trader Joe's is OK, but it's a little drive for us, so we only go if we're going to be over that way anyway.

Ya it is probably 10 minutes or so from me. They have that Dicks, Petsmart, and TJ Max over there so I go and get some clothes, pick up dog food, and look at clubs when I head that way

For me its all about the wide selection of organic foods at great prices. Sure I could get cheaper non organic foods at other places for cheaper, but when all you buy is organic food (like we do) the prices and selection of Trader Joes is unrivaled.

Do you research the foods you buy, because "organic" is a term that's applied pretty loosely.

Mostly I'm teasing, but if you guys walked into the local Sendiks grocery store and saw the meat, cheese, and seafood selections, as well as tons of organic options, you might somewhat see my point. Of course, there are few places here that sell quality seafood. Being on the coast is different. But to me Trader Joes is like half a store. The produce doesn't blow me away and I like a place where I can point at my steak or chops and they wrap them up. I can find locally made frozen pizzas that are bigger and just as good. For some reason WI is a hot bed for small frozen pizza companies. We don't buy a lot of other pre-made stuff.

Kevin

I dont buy into the "organic" labels myself. Just my opinion though as Im sure it makes Breezy even more handsome. Myself I continue to support the Evil Empire because its closest to my house and I love looking at the scenery.

Do you research the foods you buy, because "organic" is a term that's applied pretty loosely.

Mostly I'm teasing, but if you guys walked into the local Sendiks grocery store and saw the meat, cheese, and seafood selections, as well as tons of organic options, you might somewhat see my point. Of course, there are few places here that sell quality seafood. Being on the coast is different. But to me Trader Joes is like half a store. The produce doesn't blow me away and I like a place where I can point at my steak or chops and they wrap them up. I can find locally made frozen pizzas that are bigger and just as good. For some reason WI is a hot bed for small frozen pizza companies. We don't buy a lot of other pre-made stuff.

Kevin
I do, we have pretty strict guidlines in Canada for what can be labeled as organic but we make sure that everything we buy is truly organic. It sucks too, everything we buy is twice as expensive as the non organic.

Breezy is not organic, he is pure bread stud.

I dont buy into the "organic" labels myself. Just my opinion though as Im sure it makes Breezy even more handsome. Myself I continue to support the Evil Empire because its closest to my house and I love looking at the scenery.

A girl in my MBA Communications classed discussed just how loosely that term is being thrown around. There is a lot of truly organic food, but a lot that gets passed off as organic as well

Breezy is not organic, he is pure bread stud.
lol, thanks man I'm definatly not organic. I hate it to be honest, I think things should be labeled the other way round. The non organic foods should have to be labled with, "pesticides used" or "GMO"

I do, we have pretty strict guidlines in Canada for what can be labeled as organic but we make sure that everything we buy is truly organic. It sucks too, everything we buy is twice as expensive as the non organic.
I was going to mention this too, that another term for "organic" is "twice the price". We don't buy organic!

I suspected you did your due diligence. They slap that label on pretty freely here.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back