Is it worth paying $100+ to get fitted for irons?

Height is very much only part of the equation. How much its worth? Well that is entirely up to the person paying it.

Is it worth getting fitted? YES.

Is it worth paying $100? I don't know. Most places will do it for much less or free if you purchase clubs.

I'm similar height to a few guys here, but my specs are very different when it comes to shaft flex and lie angle. I doubt I'd pay $100, but I'm cheap.

The price is well worth it.

Also, most places will fit you for free if you plan to buy your clubs from them.

I think you could get fitted for less than this, but the short answer is YES. Height is only one part of the equation as most have said

$100 bucks is nominal compared to playing with the right equipment. Shortcuts in golf are well represented.

Thanks for the feedback so far - just as a clarification I will probably purchase a new set of irons in a couple of months so quite possibly I will manage to get fitted for free but interested to know whether people believe it is worth paying for it...

I would say yes and if you find a Golf Tec near you. It is only about $90. I think that might vary per location, but that is what I paid in Charlotte, NC. They will match you up to 1000s of club options and you can order them there. The coolest thing is if you get a custom shaft it doesn't cost you any more than the rack price.

I would pay $100 for a "true" fitting, but not a fitting like I got at Golf Galaxy when I bought my irons. I hit 4 iron shots off a lie board and he fit me from that. That is fine if it is free, but I would not have paid for it.

I think fitting is essential. Is $100 too much? Yes. I have been fit for free on every set I have ever purchased. My last fitting was done online and was shockingly accurate when I hit them before I bought them.

Absolutely...but $100 might be much when you generally can get it for free when you buy a set...BUT it always depends on how good your fitter is!

I'd say it's worth every penny as well, look at it this way, if you're paying $500 for irons and you add $100 to them to have them fitted exactly for you, but you have irons that will work for you forever, it's well worth the money. If you don't spend the extra $100 and a year from now you might saying, "man these irons don't work for me" Well worth it!!!

Well worth $100 if the person doing the fitting is good. Hopefully this will include a launch monitor analysis as well. Another often overlooked fitting that is 35% of your game but done rarely is putter fitting. I paid $50 for this a few years ago and it was worth every penny. Most people are playing with the wrong kind of putter for their stroke. Life is too short to play with the wrong lie, loft, flex, length.

depending on how thorough the fitting is

for a 100 bucks it should be pretty extensive

fitting takes a back seat to lessons though as I can't tell you how many guys I have seen with old broken down ill fitting clubs otr tear a golf course up

I know the places around here say they charge $100 for a fitting but they will deduct the price of the fitting from the cost of the clubs if you buy them from them. A friend of mine paid around $50 for a driver fitting at Golftec (I think) and they deducted the cost of the fitting from the driver he ordered and they also threw in a free lesson. To answer your question, I would say it is worth it but also call them and ask if you get a discount on the fitting/club purchase if you ordered the clubs from them after the fitting.

Just look for a Mizuno Demo day in an area near you and they will do a pretty decent quick fitting for you for free.

Being honest, I would balk at $100 to get an iron fitting. If it were a total bag fitting then yeah ok, but not for irons only. I understand that not everyone has access to a Mizuno shaft optimizer, but that is free and while you can "only" use it for Mizuno clubs it is not hard to find a similar iron from their line and narrow shaft choices down from there. Places like Golfsmith and PGA SS offer free fittings with a purchase. Or check the OEM sites and see where their demo vans are going to be and go visit them when they're in the area.

Of course I would pay to go the the TM Kingdom, but I'm a hypocrite :alien:

It's definitely worth it. I totally recommend i!.

Callaway charges $100 for a driver, fairway wood, hybrid and iron fitting.

Just look for a Mizuno Demo day in an area near you and they will do a pretty decent quick fitting for you for free.

An awesome alternative, they do an amazing job, if the rep has the laptop with the recommendation software, they can tell you what you'll need for your whole set and really focus on the shaft fitting, which is nice.

I find it completely worth it. I know far to many people that bought what felt right and after playing multiple rounds with it regret not getting properly fitted.

I actually used PINGs online fitting years ago to order a set. Worked well and when I got properly fitted I was spot on. But it doesn't recommend shafts and at a fitting you get raw numbers to put in. Like it asks you carry/total distances, swing speed. You can guess all you want but I bet most people would be off.

I've been fit for irons twice and both times have ended up being complete disasters. Take it for what you will

I think the most important factor is the proper shaft.

Back