Official Movie Trailer thread

a) The idea is completely nonsensical and infeasible
b) Why is it Red Dawn? The soviets were red... needs a new title.

That being said, I loved the first one which is ten years older than me and I'll definitely be seeing this!

And you know this how?

Oh and it's a movie....willful suspension of disbelief and all

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I loved the original and can't wait for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a) The idea is completely nonsensical and infeasible
b) Why is it Red Dawn? The soviets were red... needs a new title.

That being said, I loved the first one which is ten years older than me and I'll definitely be seeing this!

A. The idea of an EMP that renders vast amounts of our national infrastructure useless is very realistic. The Chinese using it to stage a massive invasion is not.

B. It was called Red Dawn because of Communism, which today applies to China.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

A. The idea of an EMP that renders vast amounts of our national infrastructure useless is very realistic. The Chinese using it to stage a massive invasion is not.

Didn't they change it from the Chinese to North Koreans for this one?

Exactly my thinking re: the emp pulse tech

In this red dawn it's N Korea invading i.e communism...

I was disappointed with what I saw on the trailer. I am a huge fan of the original, and this comes off to me as too much Hollywood blockbuster with the special effects and explosions. Plus I don't like how the Jed character is a former (or maybe current) Marine and takes it upon himself to lead the band of rebels. One of the best things about the original is that is was just a bunch of scared kids who figured it out as they went along with no military background, just the values they learned from their father.

I think if someone sees this without ever seeing the first it will probably be a good movie because overall, it is a good and intriguing story.

I think it looks like a fun flick. I'll actually be going to the theater to catch it, which is saying something.

It cracks me up when people bag on a movie for "non-realism"....um....its a movie, they were created as an escape to allow people to see things and adventures they otherwise never would be able to. They don't always have to be realistic or make perfect sense, thats the beauty of it.

The original is one of my favorites. This will be a must see for me

I had a coworker convinced once that the original was a documentary. He believed me for a day. Then I had to tell him I was pulling his leg.

That Chris Hemsworth is dreamy

I never saw the first one but this looks awesome. I haven't seen Josh Peck since Drake and Josh like 8 years ago.

And you know this how?

Oh and it's a movie....willful suspension of disbelief and all

Naa, it could really happen!!! The US has a weak Defence. Just get some ice jacking going and we're all set

He's in this? My gf will go see this for sure now. This was one of my all time favorite movies when I was a kid.

I had a coworker convinced once that the original was a documentary. He believed me for a day. Then I had to tell him I was pulling his leg.

That explains a lot....:D

North Korea? Seriously? Come on. Stupid does not begin to describe this premise. Plus the fact that they changed it so as not to politically offend China is pretty sad. Seems like China has already won without needing to fire a shot. :)

The original was fun, this frankly looks pretty dumb to me. Battleship had a more realistic plot than this.

Oh, Hell YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

North Korea can't afford to invade America so we know we're safe.

Agreed. . .I really think it's going to be a great movie regardless of what it's called or if it's North Koreans or Chinese,
I described this movie to my girlfriend as a movie about a football team led by thor, attacking the North Koreans who invade their area. I'm crazy

Eh...not sold. Maybe.

oh shnap, didn't realize this was coming so soon. I'm planning on watching it. I loved the original, hoping this will be decent. Preview looks promising to me.

i can't wait to see this.... now i wanna watch the original again. great flick

I just actually watched the original today again.

Back